What's new

Strategy Kitana General discussion

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
3 is best. More vertical range and is better against jump kicks. 2 is good for long range jump ins though.

It's not so easy to play your game and be ready for AA with her relatively slow AA normals. Anticipation is part of it.

Whatis the best anti-air with kitana? Is it 2, fan or 3, fan?
2 takes more frames to execute if the frame data is correct, 2 takes 14 frames to execute and 3 takes 12, so standing 3 would be your best bet.

I myself jump towards the opponent (that is jumping at me) and jump kick + air fan.

3 is best. More vertical range and is better against jump kicks. 2 is good for long range jump ins though.

It's not so easy to play your game and be ready for AA with her relatively slow AA normals. Anticipation is part of it.
shut up 16, i got this

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever

If only she had Sub's 22, lmao. Can you say op?

Subs 2,2 is competitive with other standing normals, think cages b3? sub is low on a long list characters who are op.

Can someone comment on kitanas ex fan cancel on block? Is there any advantage? If so, what's a good follow up? Thanks

I've been using fan cancel to close space vs kabal but otherwise I've found no use for it on block. It does create tempory fear allowing you to close in if you're being zoned bad.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I think it was today or yesterday that I watched 16 Bit play, I copied his tech of using F2 and cancelling to the sweep thing. It's working great.
Lol that's really just a gimmick, and Bit knows that but knows people still fall for it anyway. The only moves that will jail the fake-out kick are d4 and b33. f2's cancel advantage is too small and they can interrupt or jump it.

knight x1868

Blue Lantern Corps
Working on my fan throwing a bit:

My combo is f2, 1, fan, fan, f2 fan

Or at least that's what I'm trying to do. I've seen it done before but I'm not sure if I should dash somewhere in there or throw an EX fan somewhere...

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Working on my fan throwing a bit:

My combo is f2, 1, fan, fan, f2 fan

Or at least that's what I'm trying to do. I've seen it done before but I'm not sure if I should dash somewhere in there or throw an EX fan somewhere...
Wait what haha

Off a f21 your bnb should be something like f21, njp, 4 fan, 4/2 lift, b2 fan, fan, 4 cutter. Or an easier version - f21, b2/jk fan, fan, 2 fan, f2 cutter.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
whats kitana's toasty boost?

i can't seem to find the thread where everyone was finding all the toasty boosts...

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
thx :0, but wheres the thread that has all the toasty boosts being discovered?