What's new

Strategy - Kitana Kitana General Discussion/Strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Mounrful is like making Kitana's projectile a safe mid, but taking away all damage potential from it from all her strings and jump counter conversions. It's a terrible tradeoff.
Nah. She can get good damage in mournful. People forget she still has fan lift, lol.

learis1

Guardian Cadet
Nah. She can get good damage in mournful. People forget she still has fan lift, lol.
Except fan lift is like -17 so you need to absolutely confirm all your strings before you commit to it. Hit confirming is really tough in this game where you have to commit really early to whether you're going through with it or not.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Except fan lift is like -17 so you need to absolutely confirm all your strings before you commit to it. Hit confirming is really tough in this game where you have to commit really early to whether you're going through with it or not.
Oh, I just meant with punishes.

Glaive being -3 and unduckable seems to be more useful than air fan conversions and being -10.

Also, Crazy Dominican was the best Kitana player besides Bit and he is using Mournful. It's just an observation...

;)

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Ij2 is fine for air control. And you can run into s1 lift for a combo. And if you anti air glaive you can get an EX shadow conversion

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I somehow can't do shit with Mournful. The lack of any new strings involving her staff really irritates me. How are people using this variation?
This variation is probably the easiest out of the 3 for me because of how simple she is lol. I zone mainly, but i play footsies with shadow kick and staff grab. End block strings with her mournful specials, since they are safe and have good pushback.

Her combos are weird lol, but i'm hitting over 30% meterless and over 40% with 1 bar. I'm still adjusting to how I have to spend a bar to get the same damage she does meterless in her other variations -__-

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
This variation is probably the easiest out of the 3 for me because of how simple she is lol. I zone mainly, but i play footsies with shadow kick and staff grab. End block strings with her mournful specials, since they are safe and have good pushback.

Her combos are weird lol, but i'm hitting over 30% meterless and over 40% with 1 bar. I'm still adjusting to how I have to spend a bar to get the same damage she does meterless in her other variations -__-
I think my issue is that when I use Mournful I almost focus TOO much on throwing out her enhanced glaives. Like... RS and A I just "get", but using meter in Mournful... I don't get when to use meter, aside from hit confirming into combos and whatnot.

How are people going about using Mournful compared to the other two? I really miss my air control when I choose it, and I'm scared of using any fraudulent glaive pressure lol

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Mournful not getting new string bothers me a lot. Jason basically gets a new move set in slasher, but Kitana gets absolutely no strings with the staff?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I think my issue is that when I use Mournful I almost focus TOO much on throwing out her enhanced glaives. Like... RS and A I just "get", but using meter in Mournful... I don't get when to use meter, aside from hit confirming into combos and whatnot.

How are people going about using Mournful compared to the other two? I really miss my air control when I choose it, and I'm scared of using any fraudulent glaive pressure lol

IMO the pressure is just whatever. I would mostly use meter to make up for the damage you lose using Mournful and for the superior armor.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
You've GOT to learn how to option select the lift or ex glaive for combos. Otherwise, just use glaive if you are not sure of hit.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
I played against ferra/tor with the variation where ferra is throwns and i have never felt a more hopeless mu in the game. Like everything torr does is safe, i don't have a quick enough mid to stuff d+1 after stuff and his range is insane. The only thing i've gotten this torr player with was jump fans and was able to convert damage off of that. They have a safe low launch and an overhead that can be made safe.

I really really need with that mu because i can't even jab punish. I literally want to quit kitana after playing that.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I played against ferra/tor with the variation where ferra is throwns and i have never felt a more hopeless mu in the game. Like everything torr does is safe, i don't have a quick enough mid to stuff d+1 after stuff and his range is insane. The only thing i've gotten this torr player with was jump fans and was able to convert damage off of that. They have a safe low launch and an overhead that can be made safe.

I really really need with that mu because i can't even jab punish. I literally want to quit kitana after playing that.
LOL I told you guys F/T was a dumb character. The minute I played that match (VICIOUS), I knew it was bad. I've been saying since week 1 that F/T was a stupid good character and VERY slept on.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
LOL I told you guys F/T was a dumb character. The minute I played that match (VICIOUS), I knew it was bad. I've been saying since week 1 that F/T was a stupid good character and VERY slept on.
who the fuck needs a safe low launch and create a overhead that can be safe, what the fuck man

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Anyone watch Tom's stream? He said kitana is good because she has the BEST jump and the BEST walk. He also said we need to get better at whiff punishing. With what lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.