What's new

Strategy - Kitana Kitana General Discussion/Strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
So i don't recall what variation subzero has but this mu is literally hell, We can't outzone sub-zero and our rushdowdown isn't that great

Stuff fans lose to
  • ice clone
  • Ice ball (trade)
  • slide
  • Even against thrown ice clones
So, in neutral i have to rush in with my really sub par tools just to deal with another ice clone and i've even had scrub zeros give me hell simply due to how bad the mu is.

So how do i go about this matchup exactly? I use assassin, is the other two any better???

can kitana get buffs??? :DOGE

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
D1 grab good.
Honestly I still cant find why d1 ij2 is so good. Maybe its just I can't hit it consistent.(@Konqrr explain?)

F22 fan is my go to in footsies(still wanting that combo...) Its still pretty good.

B1Xray is very under looked. Now if only b1s hitbox was a little better.

I'm still trying with mournful shadow kick is real good.

@xKhaoTik I use ass for mid range punishes that TS can't do. For example max range TS is ~22f and ass is ~19f (I think)

Her DP is pretty meh I use it for armor breaking but against SZs slide it goes over... I would've preferred Cutter back over DP.

I'm moving more toward assassin for the damage. When she finally hit someone at least make it worth it. And Assassin is just a must. But I do like Fan lifts range.

So, I was going to make a vid as "proof of concept" of how good float cancel is, but I don't think there's any better proof of concept than an actual match.

See 1:40:00 for the match against MIT. I will say that I dropped combos upfront, and I get blown up because of it (again, I is n00b). I'm more posting this for neutral game, whiff punishing and oki potential. Though, happy to accept any tips. :)

http://www.twitch.tv/pressstartlv/b/652895994

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
In the future you'll need to be very careful about using the float in footsies. It has a lot of recovery. If they figure this out they'll be looking to see you jump and do it and then punish. You could do a float into Air fan but at only 6% the risk/reward won't be in your favor.

In the future you'll need to be very careful about using the float in footsies. It has a lot of recovery. If they figure this out they'll be looking to see you jump and do it and then punish. You could do a float into Air fan but at only 6% the risk/reward won't be in your favor.
I 1000% agree. I kept saying to people there that it was just a gimmick/mindgame right now--I don't think anyone knows the extent of what's punishable and what's not yet. Plus, I'm still getting used to MK input system to begin with (the parries in that game was accidental... :( ).

I would argue that float is to be strictly used either as set up (safely) to make them block/hit with NJP, or reacting to whiffs. But, I will leave those conclusions to my betters.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I play with MrSoloLobo online and he was already catching onto my float shenanigans after like an hour in a KOTH. It's good, but it's a gimmick, and a gimmick is only as good as the people who don't know what it is. I can mix it up all day, but all the other player has to do is.... wait and react.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Another thing is that NJP do not give much advantage and strings do not jail when they're blocked. The opponent does not have to stand there and hold a mixup.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I do think njp into float is good in footsies though. Against the hella range footsies tools it's necessary.

exflyingbooty

Just wanted to come in and say kitana's parry in assassin is really strong against teleport shenanigans because you know how those scrubby scorpions act against zoning :DOGE

exflyingbooty

So you're trading 40% damage for a possible oki setup that's nearly identical to the one you get from ending combos with assassin strike?
Not really due to positioning because assassin's strike involves you dashing in and parry is a scare tactic to force teleporters to be more patient in neutral it also beats throws so it's a good option for wakeup

Rean

Noob
how do you even play against shaolin kung-jin?
his normals are superior, range on them is ridiculous and zoning is not bad either + he has armored dash-in kick.
like wtf, once he is in you are forced to block all day

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
If you guys don't mind sharing, can you send me your wbid so I can have klassic kitana
What you need to do is find someone WITH the phone game and all the unlocks, get THEM to log in with YOUR wbid and do one match (on the mobile game). The next time you log into your console game you will have all the unlocks.

No one wants someone else to have their wbid logged into someone elses console.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
how do you even play against shaolin kung-jin?
his normals are superior, range on them is ridiculous and zoning is not bad either + he has armored dash-in kick.
like wtf, once he is in you are forced to block all day
You play at full screen. He beats you pretty much everywhere else. I save all my meter for wakeups, so if he makes his way in, armor a TS or Ass on wakeup if he's being aggressive. Get him back to full screen and zone him out. I find Kung Jins love to jump due to their dive kick, so work on your iAF game. I use royal storm Kitana so with bounce back, Kung-Jins zoning game full screen game isn't that scary unless he has meter. Use that to your advantage.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.