What's new

Strategy - Kitana Kitana General Discussion/Strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Magician

According to my sources...
Guys i made this video!! I hope this can be useful. Take care everyone :)
I was testing your combo at the start of the video, (41%) and you can replace the last f33 with just a dash and standing 3 into assassin strike or throat slice. Made it easier for me and might for some other people instead of doing the run cancel into f33.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I was testing your combo at the start of the video, (41%) and you can replace the last f33 with just a dash and standing 3 into assassin strike or throat slice. Made it easier for me and might for some other people instead of doing the run cancel into f33.
Or do the much easier version for 42%:
f43, f43, f33~Fan, JK~AF, Run~f4~Lift, NJP, Run~3~TS

Doing the JK~AF after Lift like done in the video makes it harder and easier to drop.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Also, how exactly are you guys doing her iafs? I found out she can actually still do the MK9 shortcut version, but with a little bit more precision. And is it me, or does she throw them faster and lower AFTER hitting with a GF?
I find them hard to do on PS4 pad, but on One pad I either do U, D, DF 1 or UB, D, DF1. I have to have input short cut on or I find I'm very inconsitent with them.

I find you have to be much more accurate with the inputs then you did in MK9.

I turned input shortcut off and did very precise inputs and watched on the side bar of inputs. I felt like every 4th or 5th fan was not coming out, even though the inputs said I was doing the exact same inputs for each fan. I don't really understand it. I was waiting a second in between each fan too, to make sure I hit the right inputs. (this is trying to get them to come out low as possible, average for me is chest to head level) (for this test I did U, D, F+1 as fast as I could, as the fan will not come out if you don't hit the F input with the short cut off.)

I don't know about the after GF thing, I'll have to check when I get home from work.

One thing that I've had to adjust to, is getting a ground fan after ducking instead of my F1 string coming out. The reason being I'm not letting the controls go back to neutral before hitting F1. Thats just me sucking though lol. In the heat of the moment I'll have the chance to full punish and ground fan comes out. And I cry.

It is good for needing a GF to come out very fast after ducking a projectile though,

The Magician

According to my sources...
Or do the much easier version for 42%:
f43, f43, f33~Fan, JK~AF, Run~f4~Lift, NJP, Run~3~TS

Doing the JK~AF after Lift like done in the video makes it harder and easier to drop.
I can't get the run into 3 to connect, how fast do I have to be?

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Feeling good about Kitana, and you should be too, negativity in this thread will no longer be tolerated.

That being said............ RIP Square Ass lol,

Does anyone use this move much when they are in Royal Storm?? It's not the great escape tool it used to be.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Feeling good about Kitana, and you should be too, negativity in this thread will no longer be tolerated.

That being said............ RIP Square Ass lol,

Does anyone use this move much when they are in Royal Storm?? It's not the great escape tool it used to be.
I was actually wondering if anyone thought this, too. I would appreciate it if people would stop complaining about what she has & doesn't have & focus on making up for her weaknesses. Pro player, top player, or not, the game is still new & it's too early to start talking any tier placings. I'm sure Khaotik & others will find something to cover for her if we all work together. Every forum that I've gone to has constant complaining in it. I'm here to learn to compete in events & support the community, not look at tons & tons of negativity from players who dislike a character because they don't meet their standards.

Sorry if anyone is offended. This is all I've been hearing & when there's only certain people really trying to play the character for what they are, they're overwhelmed with a lot of posts rejecting them.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I was actually wondering if anyone thought this, too. I would appreciate it if people would stop complaining about what she has & doesn't have & focus on making up for her weaknesses. Pro player, top player, or not, the game is still new & it's too early to start talking any tier placings. I'm sure Khaotik & others will find something to cover for her if we all work together. Every forum that I've gone to has constant complaining in it. I'm here to learn to compete in events & support the community, not look at tons & tons of negativity from players who dislike a character because they don't meet their standards.

Sorry if anyone is offended. This is all I've been hearing & when there's only certain people really trying to play the character for what they are, they're overwhelmed with a lot of posts rejecting them.

I think the number 1 thing that has happened is, MKx Kitana has to be played different then MK9 Kitana. Change scares people, and they get angry. In fighting games people always look at what their character doesn't have compared to what others do have, even before they look at what they actually have.

Day 11, and I'm still a Kitana Main, I don't see that changing, the more I play matches the more I'm falling in love all over again. Klassic skin is sick.

I think we need a thread for Match footage, so everyone can start seeing some different matches and how everyone is playing her. yah, that would be good.

Stay Positive guys,

#Kitana4Life #FuckKenshi2015

As a noob playing my 1st fighter I have to say that most of general character threads are fill with so much contradictive infos on how strong/bad the char is, it's really really really hard to focus on anything but the TYM dramas.

(sorry 'bout english once more)

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
off topic here, but does anyone know how to unlock her revenant costume?? I've looked online and tried playing all sorts of various online and offline modes, ran through plenty of living and klassic towers, and just cant seem to get it. I'm digging the klassic look, but I'd love to fill out the wardrobe...

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
off topic here, but does anyone know how to unlock her revenant costume?? I've looked online and tried playing all sorts of various online and offline modes, ran through plenty of living and klassic towers, and just cant seem to get it. I'm digging the klassic look, but I'd love to fill out the wardrobe...
Just got mine yesterday! Give 200 respect points

JDE

I'm still exploring Assassin looking for 50/50s & ways to convert damage. It's hard to move online, though. I tried to play a few matches the other day for the 1st time & could hardly move. The input delay online is definitely huge. Something that I'm going to have to get used to for muscle memory. If it comes down to it, I may switch up the way to get damage with a simple juggle that hurts like I would normally do other fighters & then go back in the lab & work on the preferred juggles.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I'm still exploring Assassin looking for 50/50s & ways to convert damage. It's hard to move online, though. I tried to play a few matches the other day for the 1st time & could hardly move. The input delay online is definitely huge. Something that I'm going to have to get used to for muscle memory. If it comes down to it, I may switch up the way to get damage with a simple juggle that hurts like I would normally do other fighters & then go back in the lab & work on the preferred juggles.
Everyone says the online is terrible, but i have had nothing but a good experience with it so far. In mk9, it was rare that i could find a match where i didn't have to rely on muscle memory to play... I could NOT play injustice online at all, it was terrible... In MKX, there have only been about 2/100 matches where i felt that way. The rest have been very good and i could play footsies and combo at will.

JDE

Everyone says the online is terrible, but i have had nothing but a good experience with it so far. In mk9, it was rare that i could find a match where i didn't have to rely on muscle memory to play... I could NOT play injustice online at all, it was terrible... In MKX, there have only been about 2/100 matches where i felt that way. The rest have been very good and i could play footsies and combo at will.
It's playable. I'm just not used to the input delay on there, yet. That was my 1st time going online.

JDE

I was wondering. Do you guys ever end some of your combos with her jumping overhead for a knockdown?

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I think the number 1 thing that has happened is, MKx Kitana has to be played different then MK9 Kitana. Change scares people, and they get angry. In fighting games people always look at what their character doesn't have compared to what others do have, even before they look at what they actually have.

Day 11, and I'm still a Kitana Main, I don't see that changing, the more I play matches the more I'm falling in love all over again. Klassic skin is sick.

I think we need a thread for Match footage, so everyone can start seeing some different matches and how everyone is playing her. yah, that would be good.

Stay Positive guys,

#Kitana4Life #FuckKenshi2015
I take offense to that :(

JDE

Accidentally in the corner lol. I'll go for jk fan and somehow I get NJK.
That's actually how I do this lol. Sometimes, I'll go for it in the middle of the screen for a jump or a cross up. I just thought people here would think it would be crazy to do lol.

instant air fans...suggestions...I am trying to add that to my repertoire...input suggestions, currently having difficulty getting them out...thanks

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Just got mine yesterday! Give 200 respect points
Thanks! I spent about 40 min in a KOTH but was king the entire time ;-P

Lucky you! Its the opposite for me. Sometimes I feel like I'm playing with magnetic shoes on a metal floor! Dont get me wrong - there are also games that feel very smooth...they just seem fewer and farther between than they were when playing Injustice

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Thanks! I spent about 40 min in a KOTH but was king the entire time ;-P

Lucky you! Its the opposite for me. Sometimes I feel like I'm playing with magnetic shoes on a metal floor! Dont get me wrong - there are also games that feel very smooth...they just seem fewer and farther between than they were when playing Injustice
Just go AFK and give out 10s.

hey guys new to the foorums just wondering, does anyone know ho to unlock kitana's classic outfit? looks way cool but no idea how t get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.