What's new

Match-up Discussion KILLER FROST - Official Community Match-Up Discussion

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Has anyone had any Grundy experience since our last conversation about him?

I ran into LordoftheFly a couple times on XBL and raped his asshole hard. Both sets weren't even close to close, and he seemed to know what he was doing. MBf3 blows up all of his WC cancel shenanigans - he has to cancel it into block to not eat a full combo. Other than WC, he has no approach options at all, and KF wrecks him at range as long as your daggers aren't so predictable that he MB hands through them. His vortex and damage is good, but not as good as KF's vortex.

I'm thinking 7-3 at worst, with a very slight chance of being an 8-2.
I don't think a character with as high a damage output as Grundy can have any MU that is 8-2, due to the fact that it's also possible for said Grundy to do some damage should you find yourself in the corner. As many have said, it's hard to say this without disrespecting Grundy players, but you don't know the MU unless you play Tyrant's. With that said, yeah it's a MU that's tough as hell for Grundy.

While it's obvious that he's got a hill to climb from full screen, up close even without the ability to parry his grab anymore, his wakeup game is actually pretty exploitable. 112 into swamphands/cleaver is NOT a mix up. Swamp hands can be seen and jumped for a free easy 41% meterless combo. Cleaver can be seen and parried/ punished on block. 112 4 can be back dashed. But why even BOTHER with any of those option WHEN YOU CAN JUST MBF3 IN BETWEEN THE 112xx!?!?

At the latest possible frame, you can still b2/f2 out of walking corpse. On a read that he won't cancel, that's a full combo punish. If you read that he WILL cancel into d2 because he anticipates your jump that's a parry. Daggers can break Swamp hand's armor and prevent the move from coming out at the last moment if you time it right. His jump is floaty. Slide is enough, (but not the only thing) to get around his super. WC can also be whiff punished if you're familiar with the MU and the spacing/jump arc required to do so. He's got a large hitbox so daggers while he tries to jump his way in is favorable.

etc. etc. etc.

The only 8-2 I've seen consensus approved for possible in this game as of right now is MMH vs GA. Infamous MU's like Raven vs DD aren't even 8-2s. And I don't think I've ever seen MMH vs GA so even then I'm skeptical. I always called Grundy/Frost a 6-4 MU. Results wise it would seem like an 8-2, but again, I don't take my personal success in a MU into account when determining numbers.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Has anyone had any Grundy experience since our last conversation about him?

I ran into LordoftheFly a couple times on XBL and raped his asshole hard. Both sets weren't even close to close, and he seemed to know what he was doing. MBf3 blows up all of his WC cancel shenanigans - he has to cancel it into block to not eat a full combo. Other than WC, he has no approach options at all, and KF wrecks him at range as long as your daggers aren't so predictable that he MB hands through them. His vortex and damage is good, but not as good as KF's vortex.

I'm thinking 7-3 at worst, with a very slight chance of being an 8-2.
LOL, dude there is no way that MU is 7-3. It is probably slight advantage Frost. I agree with your point about MB F3, maybe LOTF isn't very good in the MU or something or had a bad set? I played Forever King's Grundy a few weeks ago, it is really good and there is no way it is that bad for Grundy.

Maybe LoF just needs to do some serious catching up then. But I didn't see anything Grundy could do if you play patient and react appropriately besides WC cancel to block to hope you blow meter (which you just regain through zoning). 8-2 is unlikely as I said, but I'd be interested to see xKhaoTik play a top Grundy since I think his style might shut Grundy down harder than we think.

Rickyraws

Even a character with a trait that shuts down armor can't shut down Grundy. This was pre patch Superman btw
EDIT: VIDEO OUTDATED

"Can't. Stop. Grundy." Was not a prediction: it was a promise.

Last edited:

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Killer Frost 8-2s Grundy.. seems legit after a set played online with both players not using either character at the highest level and one of the two not knowing the matchup at all as they were struggling to get in against killer frost who cannot zone
These are the reasons why people on TYM hate the killer frost community on here so much

Even a character with a trait that shuts down armor can't shut down Grundy. This was pre patch Superman btw

"Can't. Stop. Grundy." Was not a prediction: it was a promise.
I've seen that match and Tyrant's Grundy, and even though it was hella hype, I don't see how it's relevant. KF has better zoning than superman. I wonder if she can catch him with iceberg if he tries to backdash daggers. Also note that Theo usually beats Tyrant's Grundy.

Killer Frost 8-2s Grundy.. seems legit after a set played online with both players not using either character at the highest level and one of the two not knowing the matchup at all as they were struggling to get in against killer frost who cannot zone
These are the reasons why people on TYM hate the killer frost community on here so much
I said it's possibly, but UNLIKELY an 8-2. Are you trying out for the straw man for the Oz sequel?

Also, lol. YOU'RE the only person hated on TYM in the KF community, and it's for your downplaying, not any up playing.

And Lord of the Fly isn't some random. He was a top MK player for a while. I assumed he'd also be good at Injustice. Although admittedly after those sets, maybe not.

Rickyraws

I've seen that match and Tyrant's Grundy, and even though it was hella hype, I don't see how it's relevant. KF has better zoning than superman. I wonder if she can catch him with iceberg if he tries to backdash daggers. Also note that Theo usually beats Tyrant's Grundy.
Yeah I know I just found a random video of Tyrant's Grundy winning, and I didn't even watch it to see which one it was lol. Just an example of how the MU may not always be apparent on paper. Also, I didn't realize until recently how many people actually really despise Myles Wright. I didn't think it was as much people as they aren't vocal about it on TYM, but boy are they vocal about it on ask.fm and recent streams. LOL Myles, you're making enemies, watch yourself.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
I said it's possibly, but UNLIKELY an 8-2. Are you trying out for the straw man for the Oz sequel?(Weak)

Also, lol. YOU'RE the only person hated on TYM(Subjective) in the KF community, and it's for your downplaying(realism), not any up playing.

And Lord of the Fly isn't some random. He was a top MK player for a while. I assumed he'd also be good at Injustice. Although admittedly after those sets, maybe not.(On Blast)

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
ApocaLipst: 1222151 said:
You need to replace this video with Tyrant v. Theo at NEC ASAP
I screamed when i saw that. The chat broke. Not trying to sound cocky, but im guessing that was the same hype as me vs kdz?

Sorry Khaotik. You vs. KDZ was a fantastic match, and imma let you finish it, but Tyrant's last-millisecond comeback vs. Theo is one of the hypest moments of all time.

OF ALL TIME.

They don't make a font size big enough for that hype.

Rickyraws

I screamed when i saw that. The chat broke. Not trying to sound cocky, but im guessing that was the same hype as me vs kdz?
I'm watching it right now since I had to leave when it played. It's gotta be pretty damn hype to top that...

Will update.

Rickyraws

EDIT:

HOLY FUCKING SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!

My jaw literally dropped that was fucking incredible. WHEN'S INJUSTICE!?

I think the only other time I ever saw a match that hype was KDZ Khaotik. That match I actually vividly remember losing my voice a little from screaming and my loved ones asking if I was okay, so as you can imagine that match has a special place in my heart.

Also Tyrant vs Theo: DID TIME FUCKING STOP!?

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Sorry Khaotik. You vs. KDZ was a fantastic match, and imma let you finish it, but Tyrant's last-millisecond comeback vs. Theo is one of the hypest moments of all time.

OF ALL TIME.

They don't make a font size big enough for that hype.
Yeah that was my favorite match in a while. Is there a youtube vid of it yet?

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Just to make sure I'm being clear:

Khaotik v. KDZ - one of the hypest moments in Injustice history
Tyrant v. Theo - one of the hypest moments in HUMAN history
lol,that first round with khaotik v Kdz mb parry into multiple meter less vortex,oh my god!too hype.

NurzBenny

Old Member
Played Rickyraws like 5 times today online and didn't take a freaking game. KF is still in this ho apparently. How bad is the manhunter matchup? Tried hawk girl and did pretty good, but the minute I would land I was suddenly in her frozen territory of doom.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
MMH beats her 6-4 IMO. I played thatU a lot with Jupiter recently. We go back and forth but its obvious I have to do much more work to win than he does.

NurzBenny

Old Member
Yea, I can see that. Gonna just have to keep the zoning tight and orbs a plenty. How tough is overhead teleport to deal with for frost outside of the usual walk forward (yeah right) mb b3 options? Can she go for slide after without having to deal with force push/limbs etc?

Rickyraws

Played Rickyraws like 5 times today online and didn't take a freaking game. KF is still in this ho apparently. How bad is the manhunter matchup? Tried hawk girl and did pretty good, but the minute I would land I was suddenly in her frozen territory of doom.
If you're down I'd like some more Hawkgirl matches. Believe it or not, I'm not comfortable with my knowledge of the MU, though I enjoy it and tend to win most. GGs though, all of them.

Against MMHs that constantly overhead teleport, whether you read it or react to it, or were just sliding at the time, the slide can go straight through, making it full combo punishable. As for sliding AFTER your overhead, it's not that she's able to slide or not, it's that it's a guessing game. If you dash, slide beats it, if you MB b3, daggers beats it, if you jump etc. so I would say your best bet is getting as many orbs as you can on the screen and mixing it up. If you're effectively zoning with orbs, pillars and downward blasts, you aren't in rhythm, and therefore can't be easily iceberged/slid out of your downward projectiles, or give us a free dash if you're predictable with your orbs etc.

Also:
Played Rickyraws KF is still in this ho apparently.

Played Rickyraws but the minute I would land I was suddenly in her frozen territory of doom.

Last edited:

NurzBenny

Old Member
Rickyraws good to know good to know. I'll send the request, anytime u see me online and wanna get some games in just holla. Will HG and MMH you to death, or whomever else u wanna test some things out with

The_Furax

I accept nothing. Nothing is inevitable.
Agreeded! But I can't understand why HQ vs KF is even. Does someone explain me? By the way, KF is still a top character in the game.

Rickyraws

Agreeded! But I can't understand why HQ vs KF is even. Does someone explain me? By the way, KF is still a top character in the game.
Hawkgirl vs Killer Frost is 8-2 Hawkgirl........if you don't know how to play the MU.

HG KF is even as fuck. Trust me, I know. I've lost to more Jokers and Shazams than Hawkgirls. If you play patiently, and take Hawkgirl into the lab to see what you CAN and CAN'T do, you'll realize that you (as Killer Frost) can actually make more mistakes in the MU than Hawkgirl, who may get vortexed to oblivion after one wrong turn in Frostville.

Can someone take me under their wing and teach me how to play this character?
Sure.