What's new

Match-up Discussion KILLER FROST - Official Community Match-Up Discussion

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
You can instant ji1 behind him and do when you land 111 xx slide or 111 xx iceberg mb, b3 for 35% or 44% respectively that end in the vortex. As usual ji1 raises KFs hitbox, so you can do it really late and they can't react to not WU.
looks like you can actually just empty jump over it and punish, right?

RiBBz22

Yeah if you jump right before the WU comes out. ji1 works even later, it's ALMOST like reacting to the push, almost :)
Yeah I mostly like to make my read on it after the meterless vortex. If you don't dash under him after the last U3, you can do an empty jump and get a full F113 starter off. J1 whiff into 111 works great too. You can even do a dash under cross up j1 and the j1 will hit cross up and still avoid the push... then you can full combo off the jump in.

So about the trait WU push punish, it's not really worth it to waste it on that, better save the trait for parry or punishing oh teleport. The idea was from reverse WU with b2 after the meterless vortex ( without dashing under ), you can TA and 111 xx slide u3s, 111 xx iceberg u3s or 111 xx mb f3 u3s, but it's better to just b3 for 44% in the vortex ( 49% mb b3). Also it's hard to get it right, so better just empty jump or use the setups Ribbz22 mentioned. Although it works for every WU and I think it's a nice tech to master.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
You can get more damage out of the j1 set-up if you j3 instead:

j3, u3, u3, 11b2~slide, f112~mb.freeze, b3, iceberg does 49%, for example.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
I suppose a trait combo punish for push could be as simple as ending a combo in u3, TA, mb.f3 (to blow up the push).... profit.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Some MU numbers are not correct still, so the MU chart is not final. There is a chance for probably 1-2 more bad MUs, and some are more even than 6-4 KF. Also we are exploring the MMH MU right now and it might turn out not to be that bad.
thats still pretty impressive and theres the possibility that mu isnt bad. interesting stuff

I suppose a trait combo punish for push could be as simple as ending a combo in u3, TA, mb.f3 (to blow up the push).... profit.
Yep, but it's a bit risky to lose the trait if they block. Still not a bad idea if we have meter, maybe mix the mbf3 with b1 xx mbf3, both blow up push, 1 is oh the other low to oh, pretty hard for them to guess correctly.

RiBBz22

You can get more damage out of the j1 set-up if you j3 instead:

j3, u3, u3, 11b2~slide, f112~mb.freeze, b3, iceberg does 49%, for example.
You will get hit by the push if you do the dash under jump setup I think. Pretty sure on that particular one you need to J1. On the empty jump you could probably change it to a late J3.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
You will get hit by the push if you do the dash under jump setup I think. Pretty sure on that particular one you need to J1. On the empty jump you could probably change it to a late J3.
Nah, j3 works fine. The set-up combo I use:

b1u3/f3, u3, u3, 11b2~slide, u3, dash, then j3 and enjoy yourself.

Any combo ending in command throw you can dash forward, pause slightly, j1/3 as well.

thats still pretty impressive and theres the possibility that mu isnt bad. interesting stuff
Most say Cyborg is tough and MMH is hard to deal with, but I believe KF has the right tools for every MU. No one can dominate her and play dumb, or they eat reversals or parry into vortexes or huge trait damage.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
tips against Black Adam ?
Jump over lighting, if you do so early enough you get an iceberg. Threaten regular divekicks with 50/50 between b1u3 and f3. In neutral you can a2a his divekicks with j1 (it's risky, but if you don't he won't respect you), you can parry the majority of his ground tools, notably b2 and d1. Daggers aren't worth the risk usually. My derp strategy is to spend a lot of the match-up jumping at him: his aa's suck, and he has to take to the sky first to threaten your jumping attacks with a2a or divekicks. If he eats a jump-in then yay, if he blocks it then you can create mix-ups and frame traps out of that... Be very very patient.

gabesena

PSN: uB-Sena
Jump over lighting, if you do so early enough you get an iceberg. Threaten regular divekicks with 50/50 between b1u3 and f3. In neutral you can a2a his divekicks with j1 (it's risky, but if you don't he won't respect you), you can parry the majority of his ground tools, notably b2 and d1. Daggers aren't worth the risk usually. My derp strategy is to spend a lot of the match-up jumping at him: his aa's suck, and he has to take to the sky first to threaten your jumping attacks with a2a or divekicks. If he eats a jump-in then yay, if he blocks it then you can create mix-ups and frame traps out of that... Be very very patient.
i use the a2a alot to stuff divekick with superman, but i never uses frost vs him, i will try some of those tips, thanks

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
@Madog32 Here is a video of some of the punishes

Dude, thank you so much for this. The first cycle of punishes is what I practice in the labs for quite some time. I was convinced I was gonna be able to finally beat this guy, knowing that he would react to the fact that I was MOVING after the votrex, essentially guaranteeing that he would tele. I always hoped he would do the push like you were demonstrating, but it was ALWAYS a non-OH tele. Then you went over the 2nd option, and its EXACTLY what I need! Thank you very much. I know as soon as he see me jump backwards he will do that non-OH tele, and now I should be able to punish it!

Thanks again for taking the time to help me out! I hope to run a few sets against him again this weekend. Hopefully I'm able to win more than just a few games out of a 10-15 game set...

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
tips against Black Adam ?
I feel like this is one of the few matchups where KF doesn't need to worry to much about jumping. She's almost better off jumping. I still have difficulties with it, but I feel like some of them stem from the fact that I've been trained from many of my more common matchups to NOT leave the ground, as most characters seem to be able to punish or at least easily see KF coming once she's off the ground. But now that I've started jumping more in this MU, I've had more success.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
I leave you guys alone for one week to play Dark Souls II and here you are discussing match ups behind my back. What is the meaning of this? I wanna know who's responsible. I suspect @Revolver

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
A little something in the MMH match-up. If you see him jump or airdash from far away then you can yolo iceberg as he's descending. If he teleports in this scenario the iceberg will catch him. Whenever I see MMH jump away or jump from afar I've taken to throwing out iceberg at the off chance he teleports.