What's new

Match-up Discussion KILLER FROST - Official Community Match-Up Discussion

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
is flying bat parryable? I always thought it was (leaving BG with very little wakeup option, other than DD3), but this one I played last night did flying bat a few times on wakeup (and MB'ed it for the combo/vortex), and I couldn't tell if the parry didn't come out properly or if it was not parryable...

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
is flying bat parryable? I always thought it was (leaving BG with very little wakeup option, other than DD3), but this one I played last night did flying bat a few times on wakeup (and MB'ed it for the combo/vortex), and I couldn't tell if the parry didn't come out properly or if it was not parryable...
Don't think you can parry the wakeup version. But it CAN be parried. Just like Flash's sonic uppercut. Unparryable during wakeup but if you and the player accidentally time your moves together the NRS effect kicks in and you can parry it.

Madog32

Don't think you can parry the wakeup version. But it CAN be parried. Just like Flash's sonic uppercut. Unparryable during wakeup but if you and the player accidentally time your moves together the NRS effect kicks in and you can parry it.
Ah. Well that would explain it. Thanks!

astronout

see you at the top.
If anyone wins the BG, KF MU it's Killer Frost. I co-main both characters and theory fight constantly which of the duo would fair better versus one another. For me, it really boiled down to who has the better post slide guessing game. BG's B12 is too slow to combat Frost's D1~slide or MB F3; the same is true for BG's B2U3 and throw. BG's D1~redemption or D1~cartwheel is BG 's only was to start pressure, and even these option are unsafe thanks to parry, or null and void thanks to backdash. In addition, Batgirls's favorite wakeup is parried, leaving batgirl to either commit to her unsafe options or guess correctly like most of the cast. Also, jumping back in footsie range to try and catch a slide is something a lot of characters have implemented, but is something that I have adapted to simply by delaying slide until they are already headed back to the ground, causing them to get hit by slide as they are in recovery. Now, I am not saying that KF beats BG by a huge margin as BG does have her damage in the corner and meterless fortex, rather, just insisting that it is definitely not in BG's favor.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
If anyone wins the BG, KF MU it's Killer Frost. I co-main both characters and theory fight constantly which of the duo would fair better versus one another. For me, it really boiled down to who has the better post slide guessing game. BG's B12 is too slow to combat Frost's D1~slide or MB F3; the same is true for BG's B2U3 and throw. BG's D1~redemption or D1~cartwheel is BG 's only was to start pressure, and even these option are unsafe thanks to parry, or null and void thanks to backdash. In addition, Batgirls's favorite wakeup is parried, leaving batgirl to either commit to her unsafe options or guess correctly like most of the cast. Also, jumping back in footsie range to try and catch a slide is something a lot of characters have implemented, but is something that I have adapted to simply by delaying slide until they are already headed back to the ground, causing them to get hit by slide as they are in recovery. Now, I am not saying that KF beats BG by a huge margin as BG does have her damage in the corner and meterless fortex, rather, just insisting that it is definitely not in BG's favor.
I agree that at worst this is a 5-5 for KF. We both co-main the characters so I do the same type of stuff in terms of theory fighting the MU. I definitely agree that post slide is in KF's favor, but it isn't terrible for Batgirl. Parry can be baited out and most KF's will use it when they play BG up close on wakeup. To check this, sometimes I will use the bat evade to see how they are going to approach OKI. If the parry comes out you can punish with dive kick into a setup or jump away to punish a wakeup slide which you can cancel into teleport if the KF player does something punishable.

Personally I try to keep my spacing just inside of slide distance with BG so I can react to random slides and punish them with jump back. This tends to limit the post-slide guessing game. I am sure you would agree that Batgirl has the edge in the corner game, where mashing out a slide or whiffing a parry could lead to taking 60% into another corner guess.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
I don't think frost has any 7-3s
Ditto, on either side of the spectrum.

So against WoWo wake-up lasso spin, timing a b1~slide where the slide cancel blows it up is hella easy. Works against Black Adam's wake-up too, just stricter on the timing.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free

So against WoWo wake-up lasso spin, timing a b1~slide where the slide cancel blows it up is hella easy. Works against Black Adam's wake-up too, just stricter on the timing.

This is pretty old lol, but I'm glad you mentioned it because maybe someone else didn't know this. I wouldn't advise it on black Adam tho. Just backdash.

B1-slide blows up tons of wake-ups. This is part of her meterless vortex.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
KF doesn't have you stand block to punish Harley's cartwheel. It can still be punished with 111 blocking low

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler

I just bait the wakeup and backdash, if they do the wakeup then I slide after the backdash recovers.

I don't think frost has any 7-3s
Yeah some of the 7-3 numbers are old in general, but I do think that she probably has some 7-3's...or definitely some SOLID 6-4's. I just started playing again since I got my PS4 in November basically, so I haven't really been grinding MU's lately. I feel like Shazam is a pretty lopsided MU, Doomsday is probably a solid 6-4, but still could be worse, and Sinestro I haven't played much since I stopped going to offline casuals right before NEC. I would play P2W all the time and he would salt at how bad the MU is. I just bought a converter so I should be able to grind it more soon and see if anything has changed. Dunno how everyone else feels who has been grinding out these MU's.

gabesena

PSN: uB-Sena
I always change to Sups or Bats vs MMH, it's really hard with frost :/

can I get some tips on the Doomsday matchup ?

Madog32

I always change to Sups or Bats vs MMH, it's really hard with frost :/

can I get some tips on the Doomsday matchup ?
I dont play too many Doomys, but when I end up fighting one I find parry to be very helpful. Most are always trying to dash in on you and apply constant pressure. But even with trait active, you can parry or MB parry his charges in and keep him in frame traps until his trait wears off. I find Standing 3 into F113, D1, 111~Trait-Dash/Slide to be pretty effective at keeping him in place and unable to do much while in his trait.

As for the teleports, MB B3 works, but so can dashing and punishing, if you think you know where he's gonna land.

I'm sure against a GOOD Doomsday, it may be a bit trickier, but against the majority of the ones that are floating around on PSN, this strategy has done me well

gabesena

PSN: uB-Sena
Fight randoms on xbl is easy too
but i have one really good that gives me problems, but i'm getting better in this MU now, parry helps a lot.