What's new

Breakthrough - Sorcerer Ketchup's Quan Chi (Sorcerer) impressions - MCM Expo

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Knocking down is a nerf, the stagger was better because you were at advantage & they couldn't reverse.
I know and I don't mind that. The fact that he staggered gave him an advantage to constantly attack you with a follow up attack. I know some players support things you can easily exploit to have the advantage, however I'm not one of them if it's a broken element.

The TP they just nerfed to make it instant character lockdown(you can't aim it to land in front or behind like before) which also is a nerf but I don't mind this.

I just like a character that's solid with good zoning options/tools, I don't need a character to be broken to compete with him/her. My philosophy.

I know different players are different, some will just play the most broken or top guy to win easier. I just play my favo characters and those with great zoning options.

Last edited:

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I know and I don't mind that. The fact that he staggered gave him an advantage to constantly attack you with a follow up attack. I know some players support things you can easily exploit to have the advantage, however I'm not one of them if it's a broken element.
I don't think stagger is a broken element by itself. The fact that it used to allow for unblockable followup providing another stagger was lame, though we don't have unblockable on Quan it seems.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I don't think stagger is a broken element by itself. The fact that it used to allow for unblockable followup providing another stagger was lame, though we don't have unblockable on Quan it seems.
Yes, that is what I'm saying in QC's case! Yes lol. It was bs because he could do that over and over combined with the lame rune trap made him very broken in that regard. Yeah I noticed that with the newer vids, most of his moves knock you down(including the rune) so bye bye rune trap and his teleport even knocks you down and you can't place him anywhere now. So I'm happy :) lol

As far as the regular stagger as long as it's not broken and doesn't lead to crazy shit I'm fine with it.

trufenix

bye felicia
I'm pretty confident that whatever mistakes they make in MKX (and they will) they won't be the exact same mistakes as MK9 or Injustice. The day the game comes out, everybody here is going to try every little dirty trick they remember from MK9 and find out none of them works because that's exactly what paolo and all the testers did for months.

Whatever turns out to be actually broken a month or six or a year in is going to be some completely new hotness that nobody even thought to try because they were too busy trying to find NDCs and Rune Traps and Bomb Resets.