What's new

General/Other - Boneshaper Kenshi+Reptile need a new Friend. Shinnok it is.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Hey Guys

I really would like all Shinnok mains to list for me the most important 3-5 things to do with Broke........Bone Shaper. Im done counting on Just kenshi, I really like Reptile and he has covered 4-5 of Kenshi many bad MUs pretty well w success but see theres these other characters called the top tier that cannot be covered by these two characters and I need some S+ reinforcement because im tired of F ing around w low tier kenshi and Upper Mid Reptile (he's very good but i want MKX top 5 good)

I dont think Shinnok has any Bad MUs, I feel he is still broke and top 5.

If Kenshi EX RK was +12 on block id probably still use him too or maybe if Shinnok Fireball was -44 on crouch whiff people wouldnt have as much success w Shinnok, idk who knows. I do know one thing, I've had success w low tier kenshi but thirst dominance now leading up till evo 2016 and i think Shinnok is just the Broken Ronald McDonald I'm looking for.

So I'm accepting all advice - BNBs, Strats, etc.

Ill start using him at tourney around KIT, he'll be ready by then

Thx

oaoo94

Owner of HAZARDOUS Gaming
F41 and F41D2 is your best friend.

D4xxDB2 is a good spacing tool.

While in the neutral you always want to be in DB2 and DF2 range.

F41xxDB2 makes the third Hellsparks hit so you won't get as screwed as you would if the third hell spark whiff.

When you poke only poke once because of you poke them on block you're screwed.

BF1 is super plus on hit so take advantage of it.

Never do F22 in the neutral.... NEVER.

Depending on the match up after you do F221+3 you have the option to: be neutral and destroy them with your 7 frame F4, DB2 to set up zoning, BF1 to add pressure, and DF2 for characters with shitty Wake ups.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
Hey Guys

I really would like all Shinnok mains to list for me the most important 3-5 things to do with Broke........Bone Shaper. Im done counting on Just kenshi, I really like Reptile and he has covered 4-5 of Kenshi many bad MUs pretty well w success but see theres these other characters called the top tier that cannot be covered by these two characters and I need some S+ reinforcement because im tired of F ing around w low tier kenshi and Upper Mid Reptile (he's very good but i want MKX top 5 good)

I dont think Shinnok has any Bad MUs, I feel he is still broke and top 5.

If Kenshi EX RK was +12 on block id probably still use him too or maybe if Shinnok Fireball was -44 on crouch whiff people wouldnt have as much success w Shinnok, idk who knows. I do know one thing, I've had success w low tier kenshi but thirst dominance now leading up till evo 2016 and i think Shinnok is just the Broken Ronald McDonald I'm looking for.

So I'm accepting all advice - BNBs, Strats, etc.

Thx
Man, I always liked your hype, but this game has made you sound really salty

Pig Of The Hut

Man, I always liked your hype, but this game has made you really salty

My character sucks and Paulo refuses to acknowledge it so it's whatever. Moving on to top tier. Shinnok fits me better, I dont like quan's defensive options and shinnok is more my style out of the two

@Hidan
Even yomi and sonic fox back up now about how shit kenshi is yet Paulo trolls and feels he's fine and my problem is I dont AA Shoulder

Yep.....thats it. AA Shoulder, answer to all
smh

I do appreciate sonic fox backing me up hardcore vs paulo in a nrs chat other day, major props to him, unprovoked. He feels strong about kenshi issues too

Maybe sonic should aa shoulder too

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
I don't see the purpose of Reptile now if you're picking Shinnok. Maybe you should pick a more aggressive and high damaging character
(Cutthoat Kano, SD Johnny Cage, or Dragon's Fire) to balance out since Reptile and Shinnok to me are kinda similar.

Pig Of The Hut

I don't see the purpose of Reptile now if you're picking Shinnok. Maybe you should pick a more aggressive and high damaging character to balance out since Reptile and Shinnok to me are kinda similar.
while I agree but i think Shinnok is sort of like a much better reptile. I feel if i put in the amount of effort i put into reptile the payoff will be even greater. I do really well w reptile and like i said he's great but going forward I need better than Great like the rest of the competitors are doing

Just look at Yomi, CR etc and its easy to see what they use

occasional Jason and mileena 7th + 9th place do not amuse me either

Even reo has jumped ship as well as Saltface w their respective shitters. Maybe Reo should AA shoulder more w jason

Diego de Souza Costa

***The Soul Consuming Darkness***
legit question, what would Kenshi benefit, if his Rising Karma was changed to +12 ???.... cuz, the mix up after that would be, a low, or a throw.... or am i missing something here ??... i don't really think that, EX RK being +12 would help him a lot, but, you are the expert, not me.... lel

P.S. NVM.... i got the joke now....... LEL

Last edited:

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
My character sucks and Paulo refuses to acknowledge it so it's whatever. Moving on to top tier. Shinnok fits me better, I dont like quan's defensive options and shinnok is more my style out of the two

@Hidan
Even yomi and sonic fox back up now about how shit kenshi is yet Paulo trolls and feels he's fine and my problem is I dont AA Shoulder

Yep.....thats it. AA Shoulder, answer to all
smh

I do appreciate sonic fox backing me up hardcore vs paulo in a nrs chat other day, major props to him, unprovoked. He feels strong about kenshi issues too

Maybe sonic should aa shoulder too
Well... sry, this story has more depth then. I posted that because I thought you were mocking shinnok in that +12 reference

Death

Noob
Yeah boneshaper is pretty straightforward and easy style to pick up. Zone with Beam. Throw out hell sparks randomly and sometimes MB them to check them. F41d2 is pretty good in neutral. Whiffing the f4 and having the 1d2 hit them. I'm usually against the idea of whiffing a first move in a 3 hit string and praying the second 2 hit but this string has long range. Especially the 1 so its pretty viable.

After each combo when you restand you can obviously use the beam and be at +12. Running in low is still good. You don't even have to use the beam. You can keep them close. Even though your neutral it will always feel like your plus because no one can react to your next move after that. Hellsparks as a combo ender is pretty good to. I noticed if they try and jump on wake up or backdash the beam will hit them and if they delay wake up you can use that unblockable move. Or if they delay wake up you can just run in and do f41d2 like I said earlier.

Just some little stuff that I do with Boneshaper. Shinnok is not broke and will not guarantee success but if your a player with good spacing I think you can do well. Shinnok has some of the best spacing tools in the game. Just have decent spacing and shinnok will fill in the gaps.

Pig Of The Hut

legit question, what would Kenshi benefit, if his Rising Karma was changed to +12 ???.... cuz, the mix up after that would be, a low, or a throw.... or am i missing something here ??... i don't really think that, EX RK being +12 would help him a lot, but, you are the expert, not me.... lel
That was a mock at kenshi ex launcher vs shinnok and others

Most ex launchers are safe

Few are plus

Kenshi balanced
Teleflurry all hits come out on block (3 hits)

Kenshi possessed
Demons don't disappear when hit
F4 -3 on block
Teleport faster by 5 frames
All glitches fixed w db1 and bf3 whiffing

Kenjutsu kenshi
322 becomes mid mid OH
Df1 becomes -3 on block (8% overhead)
Ex df1 recaptures like every other f ing ex move in the game when hitting someone in the air (goro ex punch walk)
Bf3 whiff -36
B2 -3 on block HKD

Kenshi overall
44 becomes mid Oh
22 becomes +8 (think Takeda 21 restand)

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Shrug. Roll with who you can win with of you're a competitive player.

The issue isn't Kenshi not being top tier, but being in a non-competitive tier. I think this game is reasonably balanced in the middle of the skill spectrum, which unfortunately is probably what NRS wants, but its balance in the lowest and highest echelons of play starts to skew considerably IMO.

Personally, I don't mind Pig's 'reinforcement' that Kenshi is crap-tier. I operate in a similar way when there is something that bothers me enough. It's just a matter of refusing to let it just go away. Persistence can do more than people think. Pig is a high profile player and its a lot harder to ignore a problem when a guy who might win a tournament then give an interview in front of the whole FGC will talk about the problem, at length.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Well damn, can't wait to see you back in tourneys pig! ^^ As for Bnbs and strats with "Broke Shaper."

Bnb: Your main BnB is going to be a F41D2xx Hell Sparks, MB the first or 2nd, (depending on if you want the corner carry) j1, FF221+3xx Amulet shot. If you MB the 2nd hellspark though, you may not be able to land the j1 so it will be best to remember your "10 times" rule and go for consistency here by skipping the j1 entirely.

Strats:
- D4 low profiles a lot and when canceled into hellsparks, it jails. Abuse it.
- After the FF221+3 ender, you can end in hell sparks to send the opponent full screen and it gives you a great opportunity to use scepter slam.
- Since F221+3 puts you at 0 you can mixup it up and get a restand point blank. If your opponent expects this however, they can easily backdash, armor, etc. Luckily, Shinnok has plenty of options to cover those so its all about the respect you force your opponent to give you.
-Throw. Simple I know but since Shinnok's throw puts you in perfect range for D4, it can easily turn into free pressure for you.
- Know the range of Scoop, it has a deceiving hitbox and is armored so this will be your tool to say "stop zoning me."

Pretty sure these are the basics so you might want to chat up 'ol @Wound Cowboy for the advanced goodies. Hope this helped!

Pig Of The Hut

Well damn, can't wait to see you back in tourneys pig! ^^ As for Bnbs and strats with "Broke Shaper."

Bnb: Your main BnB is going to be a F41D2xx Hell Sparks, MB the first or 2nd, (depending on if you want the corner carry) j1, FF221+3xx Amulet shot. If you MB the 2nd hellspark though, you may not be able to land the j1 so it will be best to remember your "10 times" rule and go for consistency here by skipping the j1 entirely.

Strats:
- D4 low profiles a lot and when canceled into hellsparks, it jails. Abuse it.
- After the FF221+3 ender, you can end in hell sparks to send the opponent full screen and it gives you a great opportunity to use scepter slam.
- Since F221+3 puts you at 0 you can mixup it up and get a restand point blank. If your opponent expects this however, they can easily backdash, armor, etc. Luckily, Shinnok has plenty of options to cover those so its all about the respect you force your opponent to give you.
-Throw. Simple I know but since Shinnok's throw puts you in perfect range for D4, it can easily turn into free pressure for you.
- Know the range of Scoop, it has a deceiving hitbox and is armored so this will be your tool to say "stop zoning me."

Pretty sure these are the basics so you might want to chat up 'ol @Wound Cowboy for the advanced goodies. Hope this helped!
Yea ill talk w cowboy w him being godlike

Thx for your post and tips

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Bout damn time.

Follow the age old advice: "Pick a top tier!"

Most ex launchers are safe
I thought there was a whole thread on this and only goro and midscreen cassie had safe armor launchers.

I will say based on experience fighting shinnok, d4 combined with hellsparks timing is the dumbest neutral game I ever fought. Especially in the corner. Besides predator of course.