What's new

General/Other - Boneshaper Kenshi+Reptile need a new Friend. Shinnok it is.

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
Pig if I had to call it, your attitude, whining and downplay is one of the reasons why Kenshi has gone overlooked for so long. Most characters have been tweaked over the duration of the game largely based on feedback from TYM, most characters have an honest forum detailing their issues for them to work with, but as someone who knows first hand as Kenshi player back then, you kinda destroyed Kenshis shot at this, even before the buffs when you had characters much weaker than the height of what Kenshi is capable, in a game with pre-patch's Jacqui, Reptile, Takeda, Goro, F/T, Kano, Jason etc, you were there with the narrative "literally unplayable, worst character in the game, makes Goro look top tier, etc" overly downplaying when truth be told Kenjutsu was higher tier than practically all these characters. Now all these characters have been buffed because reasonable discussion could be had around them, and yet Kenshi has been ignored because we couldn't. And now we are at a stage where Kenshi's only playable variation is still his rush down one, his two zoning variations probably are some of the worst in the game, and Paulo trolls you for still trying to change it because it's a hole you dug for yourself with him. It's a shame that one person being super loud and obnoxious about Kenshi all the time means that the rest of us have to suffer for it.

Who does Reptile lose to in your opinion? And why, if you, don't mind a short explanation as to why? Just wondering.

His backdash is so bad that it's easily confusable with walking :p this is definitely not intended to be a strength of the character.
Is this seriously necessary? We all know you hate pig. Let it go and let the thread discuss what it was meant for.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Is this seriously necessary? We all know you hate pig. Let it go and let the thread discuss what it was meant for.
Nothing's necessary, it's a forum. A topic was raised and I weighed on it like many others, it's no less necessary than all the other Kenshi talk going on. And what I'm saying at the moment is not someone I've said before. If anything is unnecessary it's this thread as a whole.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I don't believe that, you had to spend too much meter for mediocre at best damage and pretty much all your meter for one cycle of a vortex that you couldn't get much damage off of
I think he was better than the launch versions of kitana, F/T, goro, jason, jacqui and takeda. Probably not better than launch reptile but about the same.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I think he was better than the launch versions of kitana, F/T, goro, jason, jacqui and takeda. Probably not better than launch reptile but about the same.
Even then he was just as dogshit as those characters at the time...even better than Shinnok who was flat out worse than any character.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I don't believe that, you had to spend too much meter for mediocre at best damage and pretty much all your meter for one cycle of a vortex that you couldn't get much damage off of
Because the vortex was a gimmick that cost you more than it was worth.

Kenjutsu gets over 40% for 1 bar, off an unreactable 50/50, and they aren't even his max damage openers. That really isn't mediocre damage at all, spending a bar just to get the vortex everytime and losing all that damage is just playing the character wrong.

Even then he was just as dogshit as those characters at the time...even better than Shinnok who was flat out worse than any character.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiite :rolleyes:

Espio

Kokomo
Everyone is overrated if you listen to the "experts". Tanya, Shinnok, Quan Chi, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, D'vorah, Kotal, Jax, Johnny, Predator, Erron and so forth. Someone is just straight up lying because they can about that big group of characters (I wager most are). Sorry that someone has to be at the top lol.

Last edited:

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Everyone is overrated if you listen to the "experts". Tanya, Shinnok, Quan Chi, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, D'vorah, Kotal, Jax, Johnny, Predator, Erron and so forth. Someone is just straight up lying because they can out of that big group of characters (I wager most are). Sorry that someone has to be at the top lol.
Agree fully

It's like people only see the weakness when playing them and judge them solely on that weakness while their strengths become s blind spot

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Semi-scrubs do not know how to approach Quan Chi's zoning or defend against the vortex. The character is overrated because at the highest level of play most of the top tier characters have semi-block infinite combos on him.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I have resisted learning Shinnok for a while now, but this thread makes me want to learn him.

Is he good vs rush-down? I still love my Kotal and recently have been learning Takeda, but I have room in my heart for three characters.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I have resisted learning Shinnok for a while now, but this thread makes me want to learn him.

Is he good vs rush-down? I still love my Kotal and recently have been learning Takeda, but I have room in my heart for three characters.
Imo and yomi and I believe sonic agrees he has no losing MUs