What's new

KDZ Claims the reason GF weren't hype was "Major skill gap"

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is starting to remind me of PL winning EVO with "broken 24 low hat Kung Lao," where everyone discredited the win and attributed it to the character, and said stuff like "we'll see what happens after Lao gets nerfed" only for him to win it again the subsequent year with Lao.

Obviously, Superman is the best character in the game and he's quite fucked up, but could it be that people can still level up and improve at the match-up? Hell, DJT himself put the entire MK community on blast by murdering one Kabal after the other after 2 years of bitching about that character. My point is? Respect a player who just won EVO, and don't turn it into the usual naive "player vs. character" nonsense.

To be honest, Kung Lao was basically an unnerfable character. He just had too many tools.

BigC

I'm great in my world.
From what I gathered from KDZ's reddit post is that he isn't a very good sport.

You don't go on the internet after winning the #1 fighting game tournament because of a major skill gap. How much more disrespectful can you get? Kicking your opponent while he's down, and probably is still incredibly upset at not winning. You don't do that. Congratulate your opponent for all the effort it took for him to get to the final 2.

SolomonGrundman

Grundy don't stop
Grundy's trait
Why would he need grundy's trait when his trait does what grundy's does but only pressing 1 button. Grundy's trait can reduce damage or increase damage if you do the grabs. Supes trait does both at once without having to do anything.

Did I also mention his trait goes through doomsday's trait and all superarmor?

Why would he need grundy's trait when his trait does what grundy's does but only pressing 1 button. Grundy's trait can reduce damage or increase damage if you do the grabs. Supes trait does both at once without having to do anything.

Did I also mention his trait goes through doomsday's trait and all superarmor?

How dare you question mr best fighting game player ever. I don't have time to explain things to you.
stay free

BigC

I'm great in my world.
Well mr best fighting game player ever, what would Supes need to be classified broken.

We could classify pre patch Scorpion as broken, simply because of the blocking issue that no one really knew how to counter at the time.
Supers doesn't break mechanics of the game. He's OP as usedcar has said.

Lets look at Kabal, is he broken? No. Could most classify him as OP? Yes, to an extent. The tools are there for you to beat and out play Kabal, evo showed us that when a Cyrax won.

Same is the case with superman, yes he has the options of 70, 80% combos, but each character has the tools to take down superman. Some characters might have to work hard for it yes but in no stretch of the imagination is superman "broke".

Superman is the #1 character in this game, he is a solid S tier character but he is in no way broken. I do think he needs to be normalized a little but not nerfed.

F23 xx Breath is a braindead footsie tool but it needs to remain good and has to serve the same purpose. I think Konqrr suggested the best solution so far to normalize this string: "Just make ice breath on block push back so an immediate f23 done afterwards will whiff, but that makes it still strong in the corner." Making Breath have more pushback would remove the actual mixup Superman gets on block. That way he can still use F23 for what it's meant for: whiff punishing but he can't get easy auto-pilot pressure except in the corner.

Another obvious problem I think most top players will agree on is that he builds WAY too much meter for free. I've seen matches where Supes uses his Super to whiff punish something then after chucking lasers for 10 seconds he has full meter again. I don't think that's smart design considering how powerful Superman becomes when he just sits on his Super.

Those are the only 2 things that need small tweaks/normalizing. NO serious nerfs needed to his damage/startup/recovery. But if they do nerf his damage then they have to nerf Black Adam's and The Flash's damage output as well.

Observe

Noob
My conclusion of the finals was that this game supports lame play...and it was booooooring...there wasnt really any hype in it. Chris G tried to make smthing happen otherwise it was zoning and f23 breath for safe lame things...i think nrs should get their s*it together cos this game wont compete with street fighter or marvel in the future as a video game...maybe it will be popular due to the fact that its based on a comic universe, but as a fighting game it probably will end up where mk is right now. So i understand why PL wants to play street fighter and marvel again...and i understand why i want to do the same thing...

SolomonGrundman

Grundy don't stop
We could classify pre patch Scorpion as broken, simply because of the blocking issue that no one really knew how to counter at the time.
Supers doens't break mechanics of the game. He's OP as usedcar has said.

Lets look at Kabal, is he broken? No? Could most classify him as OP? Yes, to an extent. The tools are there for you to beat and out play Kabal, evo showed us that when a Cyrax won.

Same is the case with superman, yes he has the options of 70, 80% combos, but each character has the tools to take down superman. Some characters might have to work hard for it yes but in no stretch of the imagination is superman "broke".
Yes scorpion pre patch was broken, and yes Supes doesn't break the mechanics of the game but he breaks the whole fundamental point of it. Fighting games, you fight eachother, you read eachother, each character does different things.
Then you look at Supes:
-Great at everything
-No weakness
-Easy to use
-Amazing trait with no downside to it
Name another character that is super good, easy, with no downsides.

BigC

I'm great in my world.
Yes scorpion pre patch was broken, and yes Supes doesn't break the mechanics of the game but he breaks the whole fundamental point of it. Fighting games, you fight eachother, you read eachother, each character does different things.
Then you look at Supes:
-Great at everything
-No weakness
-Easy to use
-Amazing trait with no downside to it
Name another character that is super good, easy, with no downsides.
Ok then tell me what Kabal does? IAGB, IAGB, IAGB, combo, /match. Is that a fighting game?

Supes has plenty of downsides to him. He isn't the end all be all character. What most superman players fail at is patience. They seem to expect the f23 to hit every single time, and then they get blown up. Maybe to you he doesn't have any weaknesses, but in that case you should just learn the matchup of your respective character vs superman.

SolomonGrundman

Grundy don't stop
Ok then tell me what Kabal does? IAGB, IAGB, IAGB, combo, /match. Is that a fighting game?

Supes has plenty of downsides to him. He isn't the end all be all character. What most superman players fail at is patience. They seem to expect the f23 to hit every single time, and then they get blown up. Maybe to you he doesn't have any weaknesses, but in that case you should just learn the matchup of your respective character vs superman.
Mk9 was a different game, how about we don't let what happened to that game happen to this one. Fix whats wrong with it now or this will be a dead game.

Superman: I beat him a large majority of the time online with Grundy, does that mean the character is bad..no. It simply means they picked him up for the sake of being able to compete with others. Being able to beat a character doesn't mean they're fine.

BigC

I'm great in my world.
Mk9 was a different game, how about we don't let what happened to that game happen to this one. Fix whats wrong with it now or this will be a dead game.

Superman: I beat him a large majority of the time online with Grundy, does that mean the character is bad..no. It simply means they picked him up for the sake of being able to compete with others. Being able to beat a character doesn't mean they're fine.

Offline and Online supermans are 2 totally different stories dude.

SolomonGrundman

Grundy don't stop
Offline and Online supermans are 2 totally different stories dude.
That's my point, I know the matchup online but many online Supes are bad which is why me knowing the matchup doesn't matter. The character is too good regardless of whether I know the matchup or not.

To clarify, I can do everything right and then one mistake and well i just took 80% damage and I'm at the end of the screen ready to take some lasers. It's not fair at all.

So before evo everyone says superman is definitely top 5 but not the best. That position belonged to Wonder Woman black Adam batman whatever. Now he is by far the most op in the game am I right.

Status
Not open for further replies.