What's new

KDZ Claims the reason GF weren't hype was "Major skill gap"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mt Mutombo

Banned
TYM...where the Champion of the community can't even feel himself. If he wins he has every right to bash whoever he wants. So what if he's arrogant, he earned it.

I respect djt for the player he is but KDZ is right, he picked Tom's Sub zero and dressed him up as GL, that's the way he fought throughout the whole tourney. Nothing wrong with that seeing as how overly aggressive GLs like Chef didn't make it that far, but it caught up to him in GF.

Now the skill gap argument i don't fully endorse, DJT is one of the best players in the community, he just didn't adapt and played GL incorrectly in grand finals.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
also tournament players play to win. If everyone knew superman was that good they should have picked him up. All this arguing after the fact about how people played is nonsense. It sounds scrubby and people need to stop. I understand some might be offended by his comments but I'm sure the guy has been defending himself also.

Beat him and shut him up.

also tournament players play to win. If everyone knew superman was that good they should have picked him up. All this arguing after the fact about how people played is nonsense. It sounds scrubby and people need to stop. I understand some might be offended by his comments but I'm sure the guy has been defending himself also.

Beat him and shut him up.
he can feel himself, but that is a direct insult, and me and others aren't going to take that.

TYM...where the Champion of the community can't even feel himself. If he wins he has every right to bash whoever he wants. So what if he's arrogant, he earned it.

I respect djt for the player he is but KDZ is right, he picked Tom's Sub zero and dressed him up as GL, that's the way he fought throughout the whole tourney. Nothing wrong with that seeing as how overly aggressive GLs like Chef didn't make it that far, but it caught up to him in GF.

Now the skill gap argument i don't fully endorse, DJT is one of the best players in the community, he just didn't adapt and played GL incorrectly in grand finals.
i'm really starting to think that ppl were not even paying attention to my bro's matches. When GL plays characters like frost, him going in would be a death sentence, just saying.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Everybody is jumping to conclusions now.. I'd like to talk to everybody involved. All I know is:

Denzell is a great player
KDZ is a great player

I don't want to say more until the people who are really involved have something to say.

Jon Berg

Noob
DJT is cleary a great player. But he fought and defeated several other supermen. The fact of the matter is, KDZ is the best superman, and was better than DJT that day. Nuf said. Grats to both.

Jon Berg

Noob
How? What tournament between now and when Supes gets nerfed will both KDZ & MIT be attending? Supes is gonna get nerfed before they ever play offline...how is it avoidable?

Who says he will, or should be nerfed? I thought we learned our lesson with Scorpion.

DJT is cleary a great player. But he fought and defeated several other supermen. The fact of the matter is, KDZ is the best superman, and was better than DJT that day. Nuf said. Grats to both.
that's fine, but to say there was a "major skill gap" sounds very ignorant.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Let me put it this way seeing as I am a gun nut and easy for people to understand.

Both DJT (and everyone else he faced) and KDZ where in a competition to see who can hit the target 500 yards away. KDZ used an R700 .308 rifle while DJT and the others used a Glock 26 9mm compact. Guess who won?

I hope that made sense and if it didn't...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373933690.139582.jpg

Everybody is jumping to conclusions now.. I'd like to talk to everybody involved. All I know is:

Denzell is a great player
KDZ is a great player

I don't want to say more until the people who are really involved have something to say.
I'm hoping this was all a big mistake.

Mt Mutombo

Banned
i'm really starting to think that ppl were not even paying attention to my bro's matches. When GL plays characters like frost, him going in would be a death sentence, just saying.
Of course, he played that match against Rog very intelligently. But he did the same thing against KDZ and a lot of other matchups that didn't require turtling. Like i said it may have worked against those other supermen but it didn't work with KDZ, he should have adapted.

And it's not a knock on him, he was the star of the MK community, he was hands down the best overall player this evo

Of course, he played that match against Rog very intelligently. But he did the same thing against KDZ and a lot of other matchups that didn't require turtling. Like i said it may have worked against those other supermen but it didn't work with KDZ, he should have adapted.

And it's not a knock on him, he was the star of the MK community, he was hands down the best overall player this evo
he played footsies vs kdz and attempted to close the distance (with GL's slow ass mobility that isn't easy at all). Also GL shouldn't rush down characters if he has a good lead, that doesn't make sense bcuz he is putting himself at danger. Also off every combo he landed, he went for setups, so it wasn't like he just turtled his way through every match, I watched all of his matches (pool matches included).

Jon Berg

Noob

Overall? Infiltration, Rog, Xian all I think had better overall performance across multiple games. Amongst stiffer competition to boot.

Overall? Infiltration, Rog, Xian all I think had better overall performance across multiple games. Amongst stiffer competition to boot.
they play different games, big deal. If they all played mk and injustice while my bro played the games they did (and they played those games seriously) they'd do well. Doesn't matter what game you are playing, getting top 8 at evo is something that is hard no matter what game you play. Simple as that.

Jon Berg

Noob
they play different games, big deal. If they all played mk and injustice while my bro played the games they did (and they played those games seriously) they'd do well. Doesn't matter what game you are playing, getting top 8 at evo is something that is hard no matter what game you play. Simple as that.

Absolutely 100%.

Shawi

Noob
Wow the salt here is unreal!! DJT was great! He played Green Lantern better than anyone else - GL is not a rushdown character, and neither is he a zoner. DJT played him very well throughout the entire tournament. Regarding KDZ, he is EASILY the best Injustice player out there, he setups, reactions, blocking, spacing, zoning and rushdown were all ON POINT - he deserves it completely. Well played to both players.

Oh by the way, the title of "2nd best in the world at injustice" is not a bad thing MITDJT

If g.l doesn't have life lead, then he should be looking at superman's animations and reacting with properly timed jumps or crouches into walk. If he ex the laser, you were stand blocking and you ate some chip. Once in with meter g.l has one of if not the best oki games with
Mb f3, b13, gatlin for backdashes or j3 on wakeup. And the crouch bait wakeup into grab. Both have a block string, only difference in match is g.l has to work for meter. Aside that supes lasers on g.l mobility is a joke compared to death stroke guns. So yes this is a time where g.l should rush down

Status
Not open for further replies.