What's new

General/Other - Cybernetic Kano's Cybernetic Variation Discussion Thread

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
@Youphemism I can see from a lot of the examples you've given that you're not experienced or knowledgeable enough about the intricacies of MU, and I know from experience that you're too stubborn for me to justify bothering with rebuttal so I'll just leave it.

Gab, Glue and I think it's an even MU because we've properly played it and tested it, not because we've sat and compared tools without working out how they interact in a live match.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Damn! Thread is getting hot! Kano too strong for real. Nerf that ass. It's only fair since the Top Tiers are getting nerfed he get nerfed too because he's borderline top as it is. He'll reign at the top too easily. Don't want him to be the new Quan Chi once they get nerfed so Kano should get a few nerfs next patch to keep him in line with the games balance.

Think about it. Deep down you know. You know I'm right. :eek:

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
@Youphemism I can see from a lot of the examples you've given that you're not experienced or knowledgeable enough about the intricacies of MU, and I know from experience that you're too stubborn for me to justify bothering with rebuttal so I'll just leave it.

Gab, Glue and I think it's an even MU because we've properly played it and tested it, not because we've sat and compared tools without working out how they interact in a live match.
I agree

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
@Phosferrax who would you say are disadvantage MUs for Cyber and Cutt individually?

Or anyone player for that matter.

I think Cutt has only very few but Cyber has some to me. Genuinely curious to know who some of yall think he is 4-6 or worse against.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
I don't believe she has absolutely no options against Kano's D4, I gave three possible ones to Phos.
Unfortunately out of the three possible options you listed, none of them work. F3 is too slow and doesn't low crush until about frame 20. F4 at 17f start up is not quick enough to stop Kano from doing d4 on block to say for example another d4. Exactly the same case with B2 at 19f.

The only options Mileena has to challenge d4 after it is blocked or in the neutral is B12 or F2 but has to be done as early as possible or on a read. If a couple of frames late then any follow up d4 by Kano will win or low profile. There is also nothing stopping him from walking back to whiff punish the counter poke. So you are right in that there are options but due to frames and range it won't always be in her favour.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
@Phosferrax who would you say are disadvantage MUs for Cyber and Cutt individually?

I think Cutt has only very few but Cyber has some to me. Genuinely curious to know who some of yall think he is 4-6 or worse against.
I don't have the amount of experience against the whole cast as I do with Milenna, Cage, or Scorpion, but of what I do have I would think that for Cyber: Liu Kang, Predator, Shinnok, Kung Lao, Ronin, Quan, probably Tanya.

Not sure for Cut as I have less experience. The 50/50's level a lot of stuff out.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I don't have the amount of experience against the whole cast as I do with Milenna, Cage, or Scorpion, but of what I do have I would think that for Cyber: Liu Kang, Predator, Shinnok, Kung Lao, Ronin, Quan, probably Tanya.

Not sure for Cut as I have less experience. The 50/50's level a lot of stuff out.
I actually agree with this. You named almost all the Cyber vs chars I was gonna name other than SR Takeda and SQ D'Vorah. Cutt I think has minimal bad MUs though. The corner carry, +frames, 50/50, and damage makes it pretty competitive in most MUs.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I actually agree with this. You named almost all the Cyber vs chars I was gonna name other than SR Takeda and SQ D'Vorah. Cutt I think has minimal bad MUs though. The corner carry, +frames, 50/50, and damage makes it pretty competitive in most MUs.
Forgot about SR Takeda, I agree. No idea about Lasher.

I only play against Venomous so don't really know. D'Vorah kind of plays in to Cybers strengths but I think SQ's offence would be the thing that gives her the edge.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Forgot about SR Takeda, I agree. No idea about Lasher.

I only play against Venomous so don't really know. D'Vorah kind of plays in to Cybers strengths but I think SQ's offence would be the thing that gives her the edge.
Yea we're on the same page. So we never really disagreed on Kano. More like about what we consider characters should be haha.

Jupe

Noob
Bad MUs for cutthroat imo are Cassie (flip kick punishes f21 and every special), Kung Lao (punishes every special), Liu Kang (lose at every range), Jax (Punishes every special) and maybe Johnny Cage. Cutthroat is so meter intensive character that not being able to ever finish your strings into special hurts a lot. From Cyber's bad MUs, Cutthroat is better choice in my opinion against Quan, Predator, Shinnok, Tanya, SR takeda.

kantboy-2

Ripper
Not gameplay related, but; if Cyber Kano gets a variation on his intro with his knives, why can't he use them for his X-Ray and Fatalities? It's my only pet peeve with this awesome character. :mad:

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!

For cyber( although personal) i think he has a hard time agaisnt tele or some characters with good air game. Like ermac, scorp (kinda), tanya, mournful, and like dubsep tremor. If i cant keep you from the air doing shit. I usually get bodied. With ermac the trade and damage difference is just too much for me

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
For cyber( although personal) i think he has a hard time agaisnt tele or some characters with good air game. Like ermac, scorp (kinda), tanya, mournful, and like dubsep tremor. If i cant keep you from the air doing shit. I usually get bodied. With ermac the trade and damage difference is just too much for me
Oh shit I forgot about Tremor.

Ermac I so onliney that I don't want to say anything about the MU until I play a good one offline. Scorpion I currently tentatively think it's even just because his footsies aren't great.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Oh shit I forgot about Tremor.

Ermac I so onliney that I don't want to say anything about the MU until I play a good one offline. Scorpion I currently tentatively think it's even just because his footsies aren't great.
I agree with scorp. Like if i played more offline agaisnt him, id feel more comfy but i dont so poo. Niredina and i are in the same clan so we get to play every once in a while, he usuallu mops me. But i do feel like he hella trolls me with online tactics. So frustrating losing to 50-50s though. Urg

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I agree with scorp. Like if i played more offline agaisnt him, id feel more comfy but i dont so poo. Niredina and i are in the same clan so we get to play every once in a while, he usuallu mops me. But i do feel like he hella trolls me with online tactics. So frustrating losing to 50-50s though. Urg
I'm not sure what I think of Aftershock Tremor. I don't really like the Crystalline MU, but CT does fine against them.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Look like Kano is a hot topic! Cyber is great space control but I can get beat by Tanya or naybe a good Tremor. I use commando alot for Tremor.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Tanya, Ermac, Kung Loa, Meleena, maybe Scorpion. This game has to many teleporters to play pure zoning. So I tend to bait alot before I throw knives. And use his safe strings. I found a quick D4 eye laser work great. Hard for others to punish this if blocked.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
So the b23, 1+3 string leaves them standing and you at advantage...buuuuuut Kano has no overhead starter, meaning he has no 50/50 mixup (other than throw), so what is the point of giving him a standing reset?
I use it so they can't do a wake up attack. Then usually I run to do some pressure or throw more knives. #KnifeBoy

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Tanya, Ermac, Kung Loa, Meleena, maybe Scorpion. This game has to many teleporters to play pure zoning. So I tend to bait alot before I throw knives. And use his safe strings. I found a quick D4 eye laser work great. Hard for others to punish this if blocked.
I agree. My biggest issue is ermac. Lol. He can trade or tele so even if i bait sometimes nothing really happens or ermac throws soul ball and im in a vortex :( sigh

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I'm not as active atm due to moving houses and being without Internet (also no offline scene).

I have little experience of playing mileena. I remember being frustrated that she low profiles all that Kano does though. I can see it being even however or a soft 4-6 either way.

While I find LK frustrating I don't think the MU is as bad as I initially thought. OSing his RC with upball is pretty good, LK:s range is mediocre so d4 knives is pretty strong. On oki you can d4 both his armored options (DF) and either he goes full screen or you dodge his fist. His full screen game is annoying though.

Goro I used to struggle with. I think it's still hard because he has such good buttons but once I learned to air laser telestomp on reaction and throw knives more cautiously it got better.

Fresh900

"Cooler than a polar bear's toenails." #Outkast
So what new changes to Cyber? Anyone who has the EO Beta please share.
I'm wanting to know that as well. That will kind of suck if they nerf Cyber. Even with the mid knives he still suffers from no overhead. Hopefully there's no gap in the b13.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
I'm wanting to know that as well. That will kind of suck if they nerf Cyber. Even with the mid knives he still suffers from no overhead. Hopefully there's no gap in the b13.
B13 is confirmed to have a gap, hopefully it's just a accidental oversight when changing B1 for commando. If not then god help Cybernetic players.