• HELL YEAH!!!

Votes: 56 62.9%
  • idk...

Votes: 33 37.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
So we're really going to get a year of these threads, eh? Actually, longer than that because people will be begging for their characters as DLC once the game comes out.

Not looking forward to it.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Where did all this kano love come from!? He is such a boring, lame character. The only thing cool about him is his half cybornetic face and that imo is not enough to warrant him taking up a spot for another new or more important returning character. Seriously, hes just another lackey for whoever runs the show.

Pretty much 3/4 of the mk9 roster would be a better character to return than kano...

cyke_out

Noob
Where did all this kano love come from!? He is such a boring, lame character. The only thing cool about him is his half cybornetic face and that imo is not enough to warrant him taking up a spot for another new or more important returning character. Seriously, hes just another lackey for whoever runs the show.

Pretty much 3/4 of the mk9 roster would be a better character to return than kano...
As opposed to the rainbow coalition of ninjas? Kano mixes it up and mk needs more ninjas like sf needs more shoto's .

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
As opposed to the rainbow coalition of ninjas? Kano mixes it up and mk needs more ninjas like sf needs more shoto's .
Kano mixes it up? By being one of like 8 black dragon characters? Being one of 5ish cyborg characters? Or maybe it's by being one of like 2453451 Shao Kahn/Shang Tsung lackeys? Or maybe b/c he likes to tote around rpgs while he frolics in the woods?

I never said we need more ninjas...

I said he's a waste of a spot that could be used for a NEW or MORE IMPORTANT returning character.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
With the revelation that the game will have tons of new comers, and the amount of returning characters will be limited.

Kano can stay out, not interesting enough to warrant his inclusion over more worthy characters.

Have Tremor kill him off screen and take control of the Black Dragon... or Red Dragon which ever he was.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
kotal khan's heart rip fatality seems like an update to Kano's in that rips heart and holds it above his head. Unless mkx kano has a new fatality I'm not sure he will be in

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Where's the "Fuck No" option?

Look, he's a cool character concept and all, and would probably fit well in this new dark and brooding atmosphere X seems to have, but he's just not significant enough in the plot to validate a return, just like Sheeva, Baraka, Reptile, and to an extent Mileena and Ermac. I fucking love Ermac, but yeah, all he is is an enforcer. Kano's just another minion for hire. That and he's (I'm assuming) already in his 30's in MK9. So having a 50 something year old Kano would just be weird.

I'd say the most you can hope for is a cameo, because I doubt they'd have him not be mentioned again by Papa or Mama Cage.
First off, MKX will start RIGHT AFTER MK9 and build up to 25 years, it's in one of the E3 interviews. Second, most likely part of the story will include Shinnok invading Outworld(Like in MK4) so why wouldn't the characters mentioned above be involved? SOMEONE from Outworld has to be there to oppose Shinnok and Quan Chi.

kotal khan's heart rip fatality seems like an update to Kano's in that rips heart and holds it above his head. Unless mkx kano has a new fatality I'm not sure he will be in

Good point
the heart rip fatality is iconic to Kano, so seeing another guy using it, seems like bad news.

It's like watching the spine rip or toasty from other characters.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Kano mixes it up? By being one of like 8 black dragon characters? Being one of 5ish cyborg characters? Or maybe it's by being one of like 2453451 Shao Kahn/Shang Tsung lackeys? Or maybe b/c he likes to tote around rpgs while he frolics in the woods?
Don't forget that Kano is original character. The rest of "8 BD character" and "5 cyborgs" (how do you even compare them to Kano, lol) can go back to not existing for all I care. I also should remind you that we had a glimpse on Reptile's (who is like clinical lackey) character only when all masters are gone. So now that Shao / Shang are gone, it would be interesting what all these minions and sellswords will do (Baraka, Sheeva, Kano, Reptile...). That's their chance to show themselves.

That comment about Kano being interesting because of his implant is funny. Toys over boys, eh?

Oogalord

Noob
Kano definitely should be in MKX. The best thing about all the deaths in MK9 was that most all the villains are still alive. Noob is questionable, but I lean towards him surviving the soulnado. Plus, he's a ninja in MK. That's gotta count for something.

I dug Kano's character design in MK9 and meant to learn him but never got around to it. If he's in MKX I'll be sure to give him his due. Command grabs and air grabs, sounds good to me.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
How in the hell is kano not interesting? LMAO this has to be coming from people who came into the seen in the 3d era seriously, he's one of the originals and is a complete badass

i would love Kano.. his bad ass personality , the way he talks..his knifes, eye laster + he just dont give a fuck spitting on his victims!!!!

he also got frozen solid in mk 9 soo there is a possiblity he did not age lol.. if he doesn't makes it into mk 10 i will be seriously dissapointed

Last edited:

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta

I never said we need more ninjas...

I said he's a waste of a spot that could be used for a NEW or MORE IMPORTANT returning character.
he was the original black dragon. The original cyborg, the original Shang lackey.

G
T
F
O

All really Kano needed in MK9 was a good EX Forward Ball and choke being slightly plus. His EX Air Forward Ball was fine, the one that goes into choke. His EX Forward Ball was dumb and useless, unsafe, and needed to be charged up to be unblockable. It should have stayed totally unsafe on block, but had one hit of armor to go through a projectile. And no charging up - I mean, come on, who couldn't see that?

But ya definitely bring back Kano. Add to the darkness vibe of the game.