• HELL YEAH!!!

Votes: 56 62.9%
  • idk...

Votes: 33 37.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JustNOW

It's my turn!
I start first! He needs: lasers, his canonball need to be more safe, his choke need to be + on block, ex-choke need armor, and such move as mk9's b1 need to be ~10 frames and also PLEASE give him standing resets!

Last edited:

ShaolinChuan

LEARN FROM THIS
Hell yeah.. MK is not MK without it's psychotic serial killer. His importance proves he is necessary since he was included in MKvsDC. His signature fatality is also among one of the most famous fatalities that helped bring about the ESRB.

JustNOW

It's my turn!
Safe ball = broken

This is a really good move that shouldn't be thrown out randomly. It's basically like Lex's Corp Charge. For it's speed and distance, of course it should be extremely unsafe.
yep i agree, safe ball - is a too much, edited my post

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Kano should be back but they shouldn't nerf him to hell this time. His ending/Jax's endings promised some amazing new story aspects to him so I think he's a very necessary tool for a new angle to take the plot. Plus...he's been upgraded according to his ending. Yeaaaaaaaaaaah new buffs and moves would be fitting in that scenario.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I dunno, I'm all for lasers, but I kind of liked his rough and dirty "I'm just going to stab your ass and maybe bludgeon you with my metal body" approach from the last game. It felt pretty damn brutal. That said, I'd be ok with a single good eye laser attack. It seems a waste not to utilize that cybernetic eye in some way. Even just a fatality would be nice.

Overall, though, I think he needs greater combo potential and his EX moves need to be worth a damn. Kanoball needs to have some sort of utility other than damage. The risk/reward of his 8% damage vs a full-kombo punish was just way off, especially considering he could get normaled out of it. It should have a hit of armor or lead into a kombo or at least lead into a solid oki setup (adjacent hard knockdown with decent advantage). That goes for Air Kanoball as well. I think Upball already has enough utility as an anti-air.

I also think he could benefit heavily from aerial knife attacks. Either an Air Straight Knife (like Liu Kang's fireballs) or Air Diagonal Knife (like Sindel's fireballs) would up his viability immensely.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I have never been a big Kano fan, and I really hated him in 9. His moveset just didn't click with me, he felt half done.
At first he felt like a generic MK fireball character, but then they nerfed his knives, and all that was left was a bunch of awkward specials, and crappy normals.

Everyone always seems to want them to buff his knvies back and make him a zoner, but MK already has enough fireball characters. I would rather them remove his knives and make him more of a pseudo grappler, more focus on the mobility then raw damage. Like Abel or Shazam.
Let him move around the screen with his canon balls, give them more control on where they go, either by letting him cancel it, or have even more variations where he goes up and then lands in specific ares of the screen. Then base a lot of his up close game around a combo starting command throw.

I don't know something different, as a fireball character, he was kinda boring with just knife toss.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Kano better be in it, Jarek was a huge fail.

Also id finally like to see kano get a FULL array of specials instead of this random wishy washy assortment through each game