What's new

General/Other - Kano Kano Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyke_out

Noob
You know, everytime I see a character reveal, like Ermac or Kung, I mainly view it through the lens of how will Kano handle them. Will he have armor or enough ways to close the gap and pressure or break out of pressure, which variation is best suited to handle the other characters variation and so on.

I just really need this game out now so I can lab it up.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Commando looks hella proper. I would rather rush in and annihilate my opponents quick time instead of parrying half of the time. The throw damage around the arena looks fantastic and if i could use the elements of the level while going all Commando Mode [C] i don't think dudes stand a chance.

Now its time to buy a fight stick and kick some ass.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Commando looks hella proper. I would rather rush in and annihilate my opponents quick time instead of parrying half of the time. The throw damage around the arena looks fantastic and if i could use the elements of the level while going all Commando Mode [C] i don't think dudes stand a chance.

Now its time to buy a fight stick and kick some ass.
Yeah, you bring up a solid point! I had been worried about mobility and having to get in on people (...Ermac...), so I was planning on going Cybernetic, but with the insane mobility added by interactables, that might be a non-issue.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Yeah, you bring up a solid point! I had been worried about mobility and having to get in on people (...Ermac...), so I was planning on going Cybernetic, but with the insane mobility added by interactables, that might be a non-issue.
I think with Ermac it looks like you could use reversal straight ball to punish tk push, granting the knockdown to wreck shit. Looks at least like a free dash on block to get in his face.

Speculation, of course.

cyke_out

Noob
Has there been any evidence that shows any of Kano 's moved having armor? The ex choke? Ex straight ball? Anything to be used as a get in tool or a reversal during pressure?

Plop

Noob
Just spent some time looking through YouTube for whatever Kano material is around so far and saw a video of a match between Kano (cutthroat) vs Quan Chi (sorcerer I think). I noticed 2 things which I don't think have been mentioned in this thread).
Ex straight ball has armour, even when held (unlike his mk9 ex ball). Thank god for that!
Also, I noticed a blocked air ball resulted in a nasty ball roll/float state and not the sweep/tackle 50/50 I was hoping for :(

cyke_out

Noob
Just spent some time looking through YouTube for whatever Kano material is around so far and saw a video of a match between Kano (cutthroat) vs Quan Chi (sorcerer I think). I noticed 2 things which I don't think have been mentioned in this thread).
Ex straight ball has armour, even when held (unlike his mk9 ex ball). Thank god for that!
Also, I noticed a blocked air ball resulted in a nasty ball roll/float state and not the sweep/tackle 50/50 I was hoping for :(
So what's the point of even doing the meter burned air ball? If air ball hits, you get the auto low kick that knocks down. Why do the tackle? For extra damage? Does it ground the opponent longer for better set ups? If you can't force a 50/50 off of a blocked ball then why ever tackle at all?

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
So what's the point of even doing the meter burned air ball? If air ball hits, you get the auto low kick that knocks down. Why do the tackle? For extra damage? Does it ground the opponent longer for better set ups? If you can't force a 50/50 off of a blocked ball then why ever tackle at all?
Its very interesting Question. I think its a great move to use and most likely it should have different degrees of damage or spacing and maybe even a "meaning" or more of a reason to do it depending on the variants you choose.

Like you I've been all over the net trying to answer these questions and I see not that much love being shown to Kano right now unlike Kung Lao, Easy Mac, Raiden and hell... Just about everyone else. At this point we need more Kano data. more play throuhs and vids.

It just isn't enough compared to the Scorpions and Sub-Zeros and D'Vorah's too.

Killusion

Stream addict
I was surprised to see some people get excited about Kitana's parry. Commando Kano will have parries, what do you think about them?

You see I come from Street Fighter 4 where parry like moves are considered really bad in high level. Super risky moves with minimal reward. Only time I saw parries do something in Injustice was against Doomsday's shoulder or when used as a hard read. Maybe parries are better in NRS games than in SF4 (they don't work against armor breaking moves in SF4), but right now I don't like them. Maybe if you can burn some meter get a full combo from landing one, or it could be used against something like Doomsday's shoulder again?

cyke_out

Noob
The counters in commando is the last thing I care about in that stance. I'm mainly hype for the command throws. Kano seems to have good mobility on his ball, especially if he has armor in straight ball. So he won't struggle closing the gap like most grapplers. Then he can pressure with hopefully good normals and throws.

Commando and cutthroat basically want the same thing- to get in dat ass. I just need to see which is more rewarding. Maybe the mix ups in cut throat along with a chip damage frame trap game and his power up makes cut throat better up close. Or maybe he lacks a good mix up so going to commando will give him more opportunities for damage.

The counter might be useful on punishing safe advancing moves like doomsdays EX shoulder or Killer frost's slide. But I don't see it helpful in breaking up strings or a footsie tool to counter normals. If there is a hole in the opponent's string big enough to counter, I'd rather use a fast poke to combo into donething or set up a pressure/throw game. That should be safer and more rewarding than a counter.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
If there is a hole in the opponent's string big enough to counter, I'd rather use a fast poke to combo into donething or set up a pressure/throw game. That should be safer and more rewarding than a counter.
We obviously don't have frame data yet, but typically NRS have 1f parries and about 7f pokes. Also there's a possibility that you'll be able to buffer parries (as specials), but not pokes. Assuming that 7+ f gaps will be common is quite a stretch IMO.
But as always, trying to parry means you'll be vulnerable to reverse mixups with risk/reward not being in your favour, so yeah.

Killusion

Stream addict
Wait.. not been up to date on this but.. Is Kano's knife throw now cybernetic only?
I think it just means that Cybernetic variation changes Knife Toss somehow, similar how Royal Storm variation changes Kitana's fan lift.

In video above, I think you can see that Cybernetics knife toss is a little different than Cutthroats knife toss (faster?).

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Wait.. not been up to date on this but.. Is Kano's knife throw now cybernetic only?

Yea knife toss is Cybernetics only. Knife "throw" or whatever is the other two variations.

In the other two variations he throws a bulky looking knife high, and if you MB it he'll throw two of them one after the other.

In Cybernetics he throws small tiny knives at a faster speed which looks to have faster recovery too. If you MB it he throws 3 sets of knives that look like they go high/mid/low (not OH), so you would have to block low to block them.

In one of his gameplay vids and his reveal trailer you can catch it.

Dark

Noob
Yea knife toss is Cybernetics only. Knife "throw" or whatever is the other two variations.

In the other two variations he throws a bulky looking knife high, and if you MB it he'll throw two of them one after the other.

In Cybernetics he throws small tiny knives at a faster speed which looks to have faster recovery too. If you MB it he throws 3 sets of knives that look like they go high/mid/low (not OH), so you would have to block low to block them.

In one of his gameplay vids and his reveal trailer you can catch it.
Ohh alright thanks, didn't catch the knife throw MB, and thought knife toss was just knife throw meterburned.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Ohh alright thanks, didn't catch the knife throw MB, and thought knife toss was just knife throw meterburned.
Nah, they specifically showcased both MB projectiles in reveal trailer on naked crouching character to make a point that Cyber one can't be ducked.

Killusion

Stream addict
Did you guys catch the brutality stream? Cutthroat Kano was blue, lol seems like they really can't decide what his colors should be. Blue, red and green are great, get rid of yellow and I'm happy.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I noticed I'm sure you guys did too, two streams ago they changed his variation colors, then last stream it was back to normal of Commando-Yellow, Cybernetic-Red and Cutthroat-Green.

However, it appears they changed the Cutthroat color to Blue now. Looked cool. I'll use Cybernetic and Cutthroat, have no interest in Commando. Not a rushdown, parry guy I'm more of a zoner so...lol

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I noticed I'm sure you guys did too, two streams ago they changed his variation colors, then last stream it was back to normal of Commando-Yellow, Cybernetic-Red and Cutthroat-Green.

However, it appears they changed the Cutthroat color to Blue now. Looked cool. I'll use Cybernetic and Cutthroat, have no interest in Commando. Not a rushdown, parry guy I'm more of a zoner so...lol
Cybernetic is the only 'zoning' variation, and even then it's not really zoney. He just has a better knife toss really.

MKF30

Cybernetic is the only 'zoning' variation, and even then it's not really zoney. He just has a better knife toss really.
It'll be great for zoning, they even said it months ago but i can tell as a zoning player. His AA lasers, the faster knife tosses combined with his air balls and upward balls will be a good zoning style. His cutthroat I think can but to a lesser degree, his commando is totally rushdown and counter.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
It'll be great for zoning, they even said it months ago but i can tell as a zoning player. His AA lasers, the faster knife tosses combined with his air balls and upward balls will be a good zoning style. His cutthroat I think can but to a lesser degree, his commando is totally rushdown and counter.
It's decent for zoning, but Ermac's will be better. It's not really zoning, it's literally just spamming knife over and over lol. Honestly the knife is secondary to his footsie ability in Cybernetic.

kantboy-2

Ripper
I get the feeling 'Cutthroat' was called 'Predator' and 'Cybernetic' was called 'Terminator' right until the last minute.

Maybe green will go to the rumored 4th variation?

MKF30

It's decent for zoning, but Ermac's will be better. It's not really zoning, it's literally just spamming knife over and over lol. Honestly the knife is secondary to his footsie ability in Cybernetic.
Oh for sure, no doubt. I'm just saying for Kano you know? But I was referring more to his Cybernetic style mostly. The AA laser with the knives and his AA balls it'll be tough to get in on a good Kano player IMO. Faster recovery knives helps no doubt even though they're smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.