What's new

Kano Patch changes.

cyke_out

Noob
I'm a lowly PS3 player. Has any Kano 360'er done any testing?

Does normal knives recover faster, like before they got nerfed?

Is it easier to hit 2,1,2 after b+1,1,2 and f+3,B+2. does the opponent still drop if 2,1,2 is done too high?

Any thing else anyone has noticed?

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
I really wanna know if you can combo of ex knives to get over his stupid damage cap

Definetly seems like the hitboxes improved with Kano's 2, 1, 2 (both the 2s on the string particularly). I might be wrong, but some of his combos do feel easier all of a sudden. Before today, I was pretty much determined to avoid putting the opponent in the corner at all costs because his combos seem to get harder there. Now I land them every time without really trying to time it.

I really wanna know if you can combo of ex knives to get over his stupid damage cap
Feels like there is too much start up for it to be used in combos...unless maybe you're in a corner.

Ruuku1012

Real Talker
I didn't spend much time yet trying to do more but so far I can't find anything mid screen with enhanced knives. However, the new recovery might give him more pressure options as something like b11 eh knives->dash mix-up. In the corner, I did a little combo like jip b112 b11eh knives b11eh knives d1 choke/up ball for 49% or 52% with ex choke/up ball. Might be able to do more, I dunno. I also randomly found out it's possible to do 212 up ball d1 choke/up ball in the corner.

What is the armour on his ex Kano ball like now? It would be so epic if it had armour like Cage's Ex Kick and Nightwolf's Ex Charge. But even if it doesn't it really helps in the Sub Zero matchup.

MagicMan357

The corner sounds nuts, but hopefully someone can find something atleast mid

Though i will take it, also i thought the EX choke was supposed to have armor?

The corner sounds nuts, but hopefully someone can find something atleast mid

Though i will take it, also i thought the EX choke was supposed to have armor?
I'm really doubting it to be honest. Theres too much start up on the knives for it to connect in a combo, unless you want to end your combo early and sacrifice some damage. It isn't like you can dash cancel the enhanced knive like Kitana can.

One thing you can do is that if you react quick enough when you catch someone in the air with Enhanced Knife throw, you can hit them from across the screen with a Kano Straight Ball for an easy 25%.

The only combo I can see midscreen that I've found is B2, F1, ExKnives, straight ball...This does 34% I think? (I'm not actually sure if those are even the button inputs >_>)

And this will work with a normal knife if you're close enough to the corner, but it's really specific where you have to be. I'm sure most people knew about this though, sooo...

MagicMan357

I'm really doubting it to be honest. Theres too much start up on the knives for it to connect in a combo, unless you want to end your combo early and sacrifice some damage. It isn't like you can dash cancel the enhanced knive like Kitana can.

One thing you can do is that if you react quick enough when you catch someone in the air with Enhanced Knife throw, you can hit them from across the screen with a Kano Straight Ball for an easy 25%.
How about doing the Bnb then EX to ball?

Jip-b1,1,2-2,1,2-(either b1,1/f1,1/f1,2)-EXknife-ball?

I know im nagging but i have ps3 so im just really anticipating on trying this stuff out

As for Malakian, if you can do that try 2,1,2-b2,f1-EX knife-ball

oh yea try b2-EX knife and see what you can do

How about doing the Bnb then EX to ball?

Jip-b1,1,2-2,1,2-(either b1,1/f1,1/f1,2)-EXknife-ball?

I know im nagging but i have ps3 so im just really anticipating on trying this stuff out

As for Malakian, if you can do that try 2,1,2-b2,f1-EX knife-ball

oh yea try b2-EX knife and see what you can do
Yea those were some of the first few combos I tried. The problem is that the Ex-Knife will push the opponent too far away and the straight ball can't start up fast enough to connect.

B1, 1, 2 dash 2, 1, 2 dash 2, 1, 2 Enhanced Knife will miss altogether. Too much start up on Enhanced Knife.
B1, 1, 2 dash 2, 1, 2 dash 2, 1 Enhanced Knife pushes them too far away for Straight Ball to connect.
B1, 1, 2 dash 2, 1 Enhanced Knife allows you to connect with Straight Ball but only merits 34%. Not worth it.
B1, 1, 2 dash 2, 1, 2 dash F1, 2 Enhanced Knive pushes them too far away.

Corner Combo
B1, 1, 2 wait 2, 1, 2 wait 2, 1 ,2 wait 2, 1 Enhanced Knife immediate Up Ball deals 38% but has strict timing and Kano already has a 37% corner combo.

By the way, just so you know, the dashing is a little different now after the patch. You can't cancel a dash with a special move like before. Enhanced Knives look like their only purpose is to add more to Kano's zoning game and don't belong in combos. Tried everything I can, I don't see anything worth using the meter on.

MagicMan357

Well alright then but i have heard he can do massive damage in the corner which im happy about

Can you catch someone with EX knives-kinives-ball in the air? OR maybe some krazy ass loop :p

Thx for the feedback, when i get the patch next week ill show what ive found

is it also true that his hit detection is way better?

Yes, the hitboxes for the 2s in Kano's 2, 1, 2 string have significantly improved. It is much easier to land the 2, 1, 2 after dashing from a B1, 1, 2. Corner combos are more consistent. Before this patch, I could not complete a combo in the corner with Kano to save my life...now I land the combo every single time without having to make any form of effort into timing it.

The reduced recovery from Enhanced Knife is nice, but it isn't a lightning fast recovery. Enhanced Knife loops probably won't exist because it is nothing like Kitana's Fan loop even in the slightest. You kind of have to be some what far away to land the Straight Ball after landing an Enhanced Knife to combo successfully. B2, F1 Enhanced Knife into Straight Ball is very inconsistent and has extremely strict timing (will probably only be reliably landed if the opponent's pushback is stopped abruptly by the corner). Comboing after Enhanced Knife after a long combo in the corner with an Upball requires strict timing and is not worth the effort or meter honestly. You are welcome to try, but it seems like this is just a zoning tool and not so much of a combo tool.

cyke_out

Noob
Yes, the hitboxes for the 2s in Kano's 2, 1, 2 string have significantly improved. It is much easier to land the 2, 1, 2 after dashing from a B1, 1, 2. Corner combos are more consistent. Before this patch, I could not complete a combo in the corner with Kano to save my life...now I land the combo every single time without having to make any form of effort into timing it.
This right here is the only buff I really needed. Sure pre-patch knifes would be nice and maybe some more damaging combo's, but if I can get reliable 30+ combo every time, I'll take it.

Ruuku1012

Real Talker
I think if your opponent gets hit or blocks enhances knives, they will have to block the next knife. And for now, what I said about the extra pressure using the knives isn't for sure since I don't have someone to test this on at the moment. Anyway, I don't think Kano really needs extra mid screen damage. He does 30% and over off of any of his launchers and his x-ray does 41% on its own.

MagicMan357

Thats really great, so now he's he's pretty much consistent, but whats weird that they gave armor to the ball. Id think he'd get armor on choke then like the EX ball wouldnt have ridiculous scaling but im not complaining at all. Even though it seems mid screen combos cant be done with the EX im gonna try and ill also gonna look for consistent corner rape!!

+Better hit detection
+EX knives are actually useful (hopefully multiple ways)
+Armor on ball
+Hes kano :)

im ready

I$AAC

Noob
As long as he gets consistent 30+ off his juggles, a faster recovery off ex knives, and a possible half life corner combo I'm happy

cyke_out

Noob
As long as he gets consistent 30+ off his juggles, a faster recovery off ex knives, and a possible half life corner combo I'm happy
Exactly. I'm not the greatest player or have the best execution, but I've seen tourny level players on stream dropping kano's combo, so this is a really nice buff for Kano, just being able to hit b+1,1,2 dash 2,1,2 dash b+1,2 up ball for 33%, or f+3, b+2 dash 2,1,2 dash b+1,2 up ball fpr 31% every time is huge for me.

Kano is the man. Being able to throw a regular knife while having an ex knife in the screen is so dirty! Perfect for kanos character.

How strange, I was playing around with Kano the other day and I liked his playstyle but the strict timing on his bnbs turned me off. A couple days later and now you're telling me the patch made his bnbs easier to land? That's great news, and now I'm back in the lab with him (pre-patch since I'm on PS3).

A question for the more experienced Kano players: do you think B2 3 beats out B2 F1? I've noticed that B2 does not jail and the F1 can be whiffed and punished on low block. Also, is it possible to do more than 25% with B2 F1/B2 3 in the corner?