What's new

General/Other - Kano Kano General Discussion Thread

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
@SaltShaker You mentioned in another thread that patch 1.02 changed Kano's knives? Details?
Yea. I was checking and saw changes.

Cyber-

Slower startup at 11 frames now, -11 on block now, lower hit adv.

EX version still has 8 frame start up, but it's listed as +5 now.

Cutthroat/Commando knives have 15f start up now.
He has other slight changes like frames being -1 more on some strings or pokes. Kano Ball is a lot less negative at -20 and -14 EX.

B13 1+3 is no longer safe or +1. Tested against Sub-Zero's slide. It's impossible to block after you B13 1+3 or B23 1+3. :mad:

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!

He has other slight changes like frames being -1 more on some strings or pokes. Kano Ball is a lot less negative at -20 and -14 EX.

B13 1+3 is no longer safe or +1. Tested against Sub-Zero's slide. It's impossible to block after you B13 1+3 or B23 1+3. :mad:
:( I thought it was always unsafe haha. Some of the frame data seemed off as it was.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
So. Since the frame data's off. What moves - if any - leave us positive?
I think just ex knives, otherwise we are safe on ever string, except maybe b312. Though that could be wrong too. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't tested every situation.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I think just ex knives, otherwise we are safe on ever string, except maybe b312. Though that could be wrong too. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't tested every situation.
You're right, I think any string that ends in 1+3 laser is unsafe, and B312 can be punished by fast moves, but the rest I think are good.

B312 can be punished by Reptiles Dash, but not by his slide which is a one frame difference.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
You're right, I think any string that ends in 1+3 laser is unsafe, and B312 can be punished by fast moves, but the rest I think are good.

B312 can be punished by Reptiles Dash, but not by his slide which is a one frame difference.
Hmm. Except maybe for f3? I'm pretty sure that's safe haha. Its a universal string. I thought the enders in cyber were unsafe and string were. Even though 2+4 has some push back and might be able to get away with some stuff.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Hmm. Except maybe for f3? I'm pretty sure that's safe haha. Its a universal string. I thought the enders in cyber were unsafe and string were. Even though 2+4 has some push back and might be able to get away with some stuff.
Yea 2+4 is pretty safe for the most part. Because of the pushback I'm assuming. I've learned to use 2+4 on block now so I don't get blown up, and only use 1+3 when I know for a fact I landed a hit and I want them standing. His strings though are pretty safe which is great, especially considering how most of the cast has so many negative strings.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios

Pretty much all characters had their move list frame data altered in this patch. Because it was all incorrect day1.

For example JC d3 was listed as 8f startup and +1 on block. This was just totally wrong. Now it says 9f startup, -4 on block. This is pretty close to correct I believe. Same with his f24.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Pretty much all characters had their move list frame data altered in this patch. Because it was all incorrect day1.

For example JC d3 was listed as 8f startup and +1 on block. This was just totally wrong. Now it says 9f startup, -4 on block. This is pretty close to correct I believe. Same with his f24.
Yea that makes sense. Explains a lot. Some of the stuff is still off but after testing through it it's a lot more accurate than it was prior. I guess since the game is still so recent after release it'll take a little bit to nail down all the data 100%.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!

Awesome. This explains alot. Plus I kno ppl are freaking out cause it looks like they got nerfed when in reality it was like that the whole time.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Yea 2+4 is pretty safe for the most part. Because of the pushback I'm assuming. I've learned to use 2+4 on block now so I don't get blown up, and only use 1+3 when I know for a fact I landed a hit and I want them standing. His strings though are pretty safe which is great, especially considering how most of the cast has so many negative strings.
Although to be fair we don't have crazy mix-UPS like half the cast. Especially in cyber haha punishable strings and no overheads to get ppl? Oof that would be rough. So we get mega footsiez and safe strings. I'll take it :p

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So being that I've been mostly grinding, I have no idea about any of the other stuff lol.

How/where do you unlock his brutalities and faction kill stuff?

Killusion

Stream addict
So does Kano have the best backdash in the game or what?

EDIT: Not sure about brutalities but you get fourth faction kill when your faction level hits 50.

Last edited:
For Tournament skin, complete Klassic tower as Kano. As for the other stuff, I've been running around the Krypt, but everything I unlock is for every other character!

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
the krypt....
can someone knows the exact situation of kano costumes,fatality and brutalities?
It would help a lot ;)
Please this. I had 90,000 koins that I spent exploring the krypt and literally not one single thing was Kano. Not even an unwanted concept art. The salt was real.

Also, how do you unlock Faction Fatalities?

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
Please this. I had 90,000 koins that I spent exploring the krypt and literally not one single thing was Kano. Not even an unwanted concept art. The salt was real.

Level up your faction level.
At level 40 you'll unlock your last faction kill, then there's one more to get. That one gets unlocked if your faction wins the war.

As a Black Dragon. I'll never see it :(

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters

I did some googling as well as exploring.

Gallery of Shadows (neatherelm if I recall) 1, 4 cost 2980
Shadow Spider cave 4.2 ish. was wrong but it's a timed chest very close to here, very cheap, you'll see it.
Lost Mosoleum 5,3 6320
Spiked pits 11,13 1650. believe this was the one you have to use Ermacs pendant to hover to the spot. This is his second Fatality from memory.
It's full screen D,D,F, 1

Still don't know where pop off brutality is. Also I didn't include one because I got lucky getting it and didn't look it up. but all of these worked for me.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Level up your faction level.
How do you do this? By just playing with Kano? Sorry I just don't know too much about online lol.

At level 40 you'll unlock your last faction kill, then there's one more to get. That one gets unlocked if your faction wins the war.

As a Black Dragon. I'll never see it :(
This is the truth. They'll never have enough points!

Error Macro

It April yet?
I did some googling as well as exploring.

Gallery of Shadows (neatherelm if I recall) 1, 4 cost 2980
Shadow Spider cave 4.2 ish. was wrong but it's a timed chest very close to here, very cheap, you'll see it.
Lost Mosoleum 5,3 6320
Spiked pits 11,13 1650. believe this was the one you have to use Ermacs pendant to hover to the spot. This is his second Fatality from memory.
It's full screen D,D,F, 1

Still don't know where pop off brutality is. Also I didn't include one because I got lucky getting it and didn't look it up. but all of these worked for me.
http://www.ign.com/wikis/mortal-kombat-x/Brutalities Not sure if they are all correct, but so far so good