What's new

Kabal Questions and strategies

AC1984

Kaballin!
AC, believe it or not, I know what I'm talking about.

Kabal players get away with far too much, and I don't need to main him to know how to fight against him.
"not"

Foxy, its all good bro....whatever you say....apparently you guys have the best Kabal players in the UK and you guys know everything....I get it

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
AC, believe it or not, I know what I'm talking about.

Kabal players get away with far too much, and I don't need to main him to know how to fight against him.
I do agree with this statement. I tell everyone I play that Kabal is only guaranteed a D1/D3 after any dash cancel(save for 2~ndc) and that they generally have 10-11 frames to interrupt the next string. Smart players like Ikizzle know this, so I end a pressure string with the 50/50 or with a D1~saw and get the hell out of there. 6 frame combo starter leading to mid 40's damage versus my 4% chip block string? I'll pass.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
The only thing more impressive than REO being able to use a Hitbox as well as he is does is the fact that he can switch back and forth between stick/pad and Hitbox and still play amazingly high level Kabal. I don't see the problem at all.
This.

REO made some poor dogs just shut their mouths, proving he can play at high level using whatever he want to ....

If he decides to use a stick controller, he can do the same way,

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
I lose meter all the damn time. I noticed that when this happens, i'm usually blocking, so I've tried to get in the habit of just fully committing to the dash when i'm going for it and letting go of block completely, cause I noticed it seemed to happen more when I was trying to hold on to block. it also seems to happen less when i'm not trying to mash it out, so I try to do one clean input of b f 4+blk. Works a lot better for me. But still does from time to time.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I get this with Jade's glow all the time. It happens if you input the move and then press block really quickly and hold it. It kinda cancels the move altogether and you are standing and blocking as you were before.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
I get this with Jade's glow all the time. It happens if you input the move and then press block really quickly and hold it. It kinda cancels the move altogether and you are standing and blocking as you were before.
In my example above, I get hit out before I even have a chance to cancel the dash if I wanted to. You don't even see me move, I just lose meter twice. Supposedly it occurs when getting hit on the first frame of your ex attack.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
In my example above, I get hit out before I even have a chance to cancel the dash if I wanted to. You don't even see me move, I just lose meter twice. Supposedly it occurs when getting hit on the first frame of your ex attack.
Well, Somberness said that all moves have the 1st frame vulnerable, be it armored or not. I trust him :)

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Yeah I got used to this. Happens a lot too when I try to be godlike and ex dash a fast projectile on reaction and he just blocks and meter is gone. It usually happens when you try to ex dash at The last possible second.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
I dont know if its supposed to be like that iv seen EX kabal run some times activate the armor agains a fire ball or any kind of spamm and some times the fire ball just makes kabal lose the EX run and gets hit so i dont know if its "random"
ex dash only has armor on start up. If you do it from too far you will lose to projectiles.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Wish they'd fucking fix this. The input bug, the random advantage and the other horseshit I can put up with...but losing a round due to my meter being glitched out in pivotal moments drives me insane.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Wish they'd fucking fix this. The input bug, the random advantage and the other horseshit I can put up with...but losing a round due to my meter being glitched out in pivotal moments drives me insane.
Input bug happens at pivotal moments, too, and can just as easily result in eating full combos.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Input bug happens at pivotal moments, too, and can just as easily result in eating full combos.
Yeah, you're right, though I honestly have it happen far less commonly than the meter glitch. When I play Cage, for instance, I get the meter glitch on his EX nut punch all the damn time. Sucks.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
The first bar was my own doing, I canceled the dash instead of letting it loose, and got nothing for it. The next 2 I tried to full dash and just lost meter.
Yeah, that hurt me to watch all your meter go to waste :X You played super well though! Nice work at FR. When is your next Tournament?

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Yeah, that hurt me to watch all your meter go to waste :X You played super well though! Nice work at FR. When is your next Tournament?
idk couple local things going on, then I guess PowerUp? Can't make MLG D: After that, Seasons Beatings and UFGT.
Thanks for the support.

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
Sometimes when i'm going for a knee, i get back kick instead. Maybe i'm pressing 4 too late, not sure though.

Another thing, when you go for F4, NDC. Do you input F4, BF4? Or F4, BF? I guess it's just preference, which one works best for you?

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Try going into training mode and watching your inputs to see if it's you. If you're still having problems let us know.

As for the F4~NDC, I think I use F4 BF, but it's really just preference. Less button presses = more efficiency, though.

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
I think my problem is when i go for BF, i end up hitting down. I guess i just need to clean up my execution.