What's new

Kabal Questions and strategies

AC1984

Kaballin!
Good job man....I tried some of that against a real person and unfortunately it doesn't work all the time against armor or EX wake ups....

was it online? I can't ever get it to work online lol. its been working 70% or so offline when I play with my friends. I'll make a follow up video for armor collision and see where that goes

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
I like the effort. idk that it's worth the chance of collision, though. You risk the armor collision and the wakeup invincibility collision, so could just end up eating a combo. This is especially true because once someone drops a combo, they usually try to make up for it by going right back in there, and I think most people will try to counter that. For some characters with shitty wakeups, though, this is probably not a bad idea. Maybe for your next vid you can show who it works best against and who it might not be such a good idea for.

I like the effort. idk that it's worth the chance of collision, though. You risk the armor collision and the wakeup invincibility collision, so could just end up eating a combo. This is especially true because once someone drops a combo, they usually try to make up for it by going right back in there, and I think most people will try to counter that. For some characters with shitty wakeups, though, this is probably not a bad idea. Maybe for your next vid you can show who it works best against and who it might not be such a good idea for.
Yeah, this vid was just to show that dropped combos doesn't always mean that you have no chance at keeping the other guy waiting. I'm gonna do some more lab tonight with not only wake up, but techroll, roll wakeup, roll block, etc. I think Kabal could easily be no. 1 character once he gets explored fully

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Yeah, this vid was just to show that dropped combos doesn't always mean that you have no chance at keeping the other guy waiting. I'm gonna do some more lab tonight with not only wake up, but techroll, roll wakeup, roll block, etc. I think Kabal could easily be no. 1 character once he gets explored fully
He's definitely good, and has lots of options. Number 1? IDK about that, quite a few characters can contend for that spot, but even if he is, it's not for the reasons people think.

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
good stuff. Might come handy once in a while but not practical to abuse.

good stuff. Might come handy once in a while but not practical to abuse.
Well, no not to abuse. But when they respect the fact that you can stuff the wake-up when you drop combos then a lot less wake-up is gonna be thrown around and then you have successfully mind-fucked your opponent lol

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Having never ever used Kabal once, how hard would it be for me to pick him up & do the NDC. How long do you think it would take?

Cheers

totheark

Shazzy's Senpai
Having never ever used Kabal once, how hard would it be for me to pick him up & do the NDC. How long do you think it would take?

Cheers
It took me 2 days to do it off normals. It's actually easier than it looks.

Anyways, is there a trick to pulling off a B1 after a NDC? The damn fireball keeps coming out.

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
It took me 2 days to do it off normals. It's actually easier than it looks.

Anyways, is there a trick to pulling off a B1 after a NDC? The damn fireball keeps coming out.
Don't let go of back after the NDC. This was a problem for me for about two hours of practicing.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
i have a question for Kabal players...

Lets say you do F32 NDC. I d1 right after 2. Does the Nomad dash hit my d1 and spin me, or do i poke you out of it and escape pressure?

Skitzo

Noob
It depends. If the Kabal player does the NDC properly, he will be at +3 (I believe) & if he knows you will poke, his poke will beat yours.

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
I'm probably still in that early Kabal is invincible phase, but other than getting cornered what are Kabal's real problems?

Skitzo

Noob
low hitbox characters (Mileena, Sektor, Jax) because b1 & 2 whiff on them. You can only use f3(2) variations to pressure which means you become predictable at times.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
low hitbox characters (Mileena, Sektor, Jax) because b1 & 2 whiff on them. You can only use f3(2) variations to pressure which means you become predictable at times.
Plus, people overuse NDCs. Gosh, it's good enough to have a 50/50. USE IT.