What's new

[Jun 9, 2012] ECT4 - EVO 2012 Tournament Season - June 9-10 $1000 ON MK!!! (Morristown, NJ)

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Oh yeah IN and down the hall from the tournament room...he offers you spit tobacco every time though no matter how many times you're in there...or maybe that was just to me lol
If they've got smokes, then I'm fucking SET.

If they have coconut crunch donuts and mixers for my vodka, then I'm in fucking HEAVEN.

Yea there's a convenience store right outside the ballroom. Make a left out the ballroom, a right down the hall and make your first left after that. He stayed open until 11pm last year both days.

Just a quick update on the hotel room situation for you guys. The only rooms available for Friday night are Studio Suites at $124 a night. We were able to add the rest of the King and Double rooms available in the hotel for Saturday and Sunday night at $104 per night. If you arrive early on Saturday, your room might not be available until later in the afternoon. Go to www.ecthrowdown.com to book today and pre-register!! Pre-reg ends June 2 and emergency on-site registration is $40!

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Yea there's a convenience store right outside the ballroom. Make a left out the ballroom, a right down the hall and make your first left after that. He stayed open until 11pm last year both days.
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

So, since I'm not sure whether or not I'll be able to spend any evenings out due to work, was there ever a final verdict on whether or not MK's gonna be all day saturday or split between saturday and sunday?

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

So, since I'm not sure whether or not I'll be able to spend any evenings out due to work, was there ever a final verdict on whether or not MK's gonna be all day saturday or split between saturday and sunday?
It's going to be both for sure. It will last all day Saturday and then finals will be on Sunday. I'm actually working the schedule right now.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
It's going to be both for sure. It will last all day Saturday and then finals will be on Sunday. I'm actually working the schedule right now.
Mmmkay. That can be done as long as I can hitch a ride and find someone who <3s me enough to let me borrow their floor.
Originally was gonna get a room, but between finances being tight and my woman getting a job, that'd be insane.

Note to self: do not get completely, utterly, Hangover-level smashed and lose all my stuff this time.

Mmmkay. That can be done as long as I can hitch a ride and find someone who <3s me enough to let me borrow their floor.
Originally was gonna get a room, but between finances being tight and my woman getting a job, that'd be insane.

Note to self: do not get completely, utterly, Hangover-level smashed and lose all my stuff this time.
That would be ill-advised lololol.

This should really go without saying, but don't leave your gear unattended, even for a second. I've had my shit jacked at a tournament before, it sucks.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Does anyone know if the hotel wifi is free? It didn't say in the room description, but I still want to ask to make sure.

REYTHEGREAT

i dont understand why MLG got to run a tourney on the same day. this is the second time they do this. anyway, get hype!

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
i dont understand why MLG got to run a tourney on the same day. this is the second time they do this. anyway, get hype!
I think it happened by mistake. ECT's been announced forever, but MLG probably has had Anaheim planned since before they brought MK on. Chances are now that they're in cahoots, the efforts will be made to make sure the two don't cross dates again.

I think it happened by mistake. ECT's been announced forever, but MLG probably has had Anaheim planned since before they brought MK on. Chances are now that they're in cahoots, the efforts will be made to make sure the two don't cross dates again.
Confirmed: Not exactly in cahoots, but they really can't play dumb with it anymore. They have people like Arturo employed and he can relay information.

The hotel wifi is not free. Sorry :(

Hey guys, just wanted to get this out there for those who were asking. Please keep in mind that this is a TENTATIVE schedule and is subject to change before the event. We will have a definitive schedule posted before the event in June. Here we go!

Saturday, June 9

8:00am-10:30am
EMERGENCY Registration ($40 venue fee at the door)

12:00pm-2:00pm
Big 3 (SF4, UMVC3, SFxT) Pools 1-4
Mortal Kombat 9 Pools 1-2
Soulcalibur V Pools 1-2
King of Fighters XIII Pools 1-2
Super Street Fighter II Turbo Tournament of Legends Tournament 1 Start
BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend Pool 1 Start
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Start

2:00pm-4:00pm
Big 3 Pools 5-8
MK9 Pools 3-4
SCV Pools 3-4
KoF Pools 3-4
Skullgirls Pools 1-2
3rd Strike Pool 1

4:00pm-6:00pm
Big 3 Pools 9-12
MK9 Pools 5-6
SCV Pools 5-6
KoF Pools 5-6
SG Pools 3-4
3S Pool 2

6:00pm-8:00pm
Big 3 Pools 13-16
MK9 Pools 7-8
SCV Pools 7-8
KoF Pools 7-8
SG Pools 5-6
3S Pool 3

8:00pm-10:00pm
Big 3 Pools 17-22
SG Pools 7-8
3S Pool 4

10:00pm-12:00am
Big 3 Pools 23-28

Sunday, June 10

10:00am-12:00pm
Skullgirls Top 16 > Top 8 (Everyone will play 1 or 2 games basically so it’s ready for the stream)
Big 3 Pools 29-32

12:00pm-2:00pm
Big 3 Top 64 > Top 8 (Top 64 will be split into four 16 man brackets and played down until there’s a winner and a loser from each, essentially four more pools)

For most games, finals will be streamed on Sunday afternoon. We will also be featuring the Fanatiq vs. RayRay match on stage Sunday evening, probably at 4 or 6pm, whichever works better for the players and fits the schedule best. We will be posting a stream schedule when it gets closer to the event, probably after pre-reg closes. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us on Facebook, Twitter, or email!

East Coast Throwdown has been the home to some of the best Mortal Kombat kompetitions since the events began. We were the first tournament to stream Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 back in 2010 (hard to believe that was already 2 years ago) and have worked closely with the MK Kommunity on nearly every aspect of East Coast Throwdown. These guys are the definition of die-hard fans. It is because of this dedication and respect that they have for their games as well as this tournament that we always try our hardest to give back to them. It is for this reason that we are ecstatic to announce that WB Games and NetherRealm Studios will be providing prizes for East Coast Throwdown 4!

WB Games and NetherRealm Studios have been more than dedicated to the community supporting their games and have shown nothing but respect for them over this past tournament season. Tournaments are a huge reason why so many games are kept alive and to acknowledge this, WB Games and NetherRealm Studios will be throwing in an extra $1,000 to the tournament pot for Mortal Kombat!

We are very happy to have these guys on board this year with East Coast Throwdown 4 and we hope that this is the beginning of a great relationship. Let’s hear it for WB Games and NetherRealm Studios!

WB Games and NetherRealm Studios are prize providers only and are in no way involved in the creation, execution, administration or fulfillment of the tournament.

================================================

Someone on SRK asked if filming was allowed at the event. We HIGHLY encourage this, so be sure your camera batteries are charged!

=================================================

Alright guys, 27 days left to pre-register. Save $15 now because on-site emergency registration ends at 10:30am Saturday. Also, there are rooms at the venue hotel for Saturday and Sunday night. We're working on getting room blocks with neighboring hotels so we'll update you with that once we know more. Go to www.ecthrowdown.com to take care of everything you need!

I want to ask you guys one question. Would you rather us use MKKE or MK9+DLC/Patches? I really have no qualms with using either, but I just want to have a set standard of what we're using. I've been hearing a lot of complaints about KE and its various bugs, so I'm leaning more towards classic MK9+DLC/Patches. Let me know!

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I want to ask you guys one question. Would you rather us use MKKE or MK9+DLC/Patches? I really have no qualms with using either, but I just want to have a set standard of what we're using. I've been hearing a lot of complaints about KE and its various bugs, so I'm leaning more towards classic MK9+DLC/Patches. Let me know!
IMO: MK9 + DLC. Just to err on the side of caution. I mean, Idk for certain of any guaranteed glitches MKKE has over MK9, but from what I understand, it's been known to cause a problem or two more than your usual MK fare.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
IMO: MK9 + DLC. Just to err on the side of caution. I mean, Idk for certain of any guaranteed glitches MKKE has over MK9, but from what I understand, it's been known to cause a problem or two more than your usual MK fare.
Actually I disagree, I'd actually prefer MK:KE because it's what EVO is using that version.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Hey guys, just a heads up since I don't want these other tournaments to get all the attention.

I promise everyone who attends ECT4 the best Mortal Kombat tournament experience from an EVO major to date. Myself, Shock, Phil, Blackula, and Storms are working on creating a very unique and entertaining experience that hasn't been offered before.

Either next Thursday or the one right before ECT4 we will be doing a test run of the new features at VSM.

Also, just to note the MK staff has 5 complete set up on EVO standard ASUS monitors/ps3's using the regular MK edition to avoid any possible KE bugs. This is the highest standard for Mortal Kombat and we won't let you have anything less!

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Hey guys, just a heads up since I don't want these other tournaments to get all the attention.

I promise everyone who attends ECT4 the best Mortal Kombat tournament experience from an EVO major to date. Myself, Shock, Phil, Blackula, and Storms are working on creating a very unique and entertaining experience that hasn't been offered before.

Either next Thursday or the one right before ECT4 we will be doing a test run of the new features at VSM.

Also, just to note the MK staff has 5 complete set up on EVO standard ASUS monitors/ps3's using the regular MK edition to avoid any possible KE bugs. This is the highest standard for Mortal Kombat and we won't let you have anything less!
This is exciting for all 6 sides of my face.

I just want a shot at commentary, and my life will be complete.

This, my good sir, is why the MK kommunity is always a part of ECT's staff!

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
This, my good sir, is why the MK kommunity is always a part of ECT's staff!
Just because a lot of people don't express their thanks to tournament organizers, I want to say how grateful I (and everyone I know) are for people like you and Joe. The North East is so lucky to have the two of you and Eric running these majors. Every other major I've been to it's so obvious that MK is a pure afterthought.

The fact that I made a really dick post about last year's ECT and you responded with questions on how to make it better as well as things you've already taken precaution on for next time isn't just hard to find, but impossible in other TO's. I also have a good reputation of being rude to other TO's... calling one a "little bitch" while I was playing in losers finals of a tournament wasn't the wisest thing I've done in my life. Thank you for putting up with people like me.

It takes a good mix of specific MK organizers as well as the best TO's like yourself and Joe to make these tournaments as good as they can get.