What's new

[Jun 9, 2012] ECT4 - EVO 2012 Tournament Season - June 9-10 $1000 ON MK!!! (Morristown, NJ)

As announced on the GVN Live Podcast, Skullgirls publisher Autumn Games will be an official sponsor of East Coast Throwdown 4! Last year, Mike Z brought over a beta version of Skullgirls for every to test out and give feedback on. The reception was very positive and we're more than happy to welcome Skullgirls into our lineup.

As part of their sponsorship, Autumn Games will be providing a $500 pot bonus to the Skullgirls tournament along with an arcade stick with custom Skullgirls and East Coast Throwdown 4 artwork.

We'd like to say thank you to Autumn Games for honoring ECT as well as you, the players with this sponsorship. Now that that's settled, pre-registration is back online and now includes Skullgirls as a registration option. Get hype everyone! Only 8 weeks left for registration and a $15 savings!

Since before East Coast Throwdown was even conceived in Joe’s apartment all those years ago, I had been running tournaments at Castle Golf here on Long Island. There was one man in particular at those tournaments who helped me out by bringing Mortal Kombat II and Ultimate MK3 to the tournaments. His name was Phil, AKA 9.95. Phil has been an absolute asset to the East Coast Throwdown staff and his efforts these past few years have paid off like no one ever imagined. If there’s anyone out there who wants to talk about how to create a local tournament scene, Phil is a man whose brain you should be picking. He created the weekly sessions known as “Valley Stream Monsters”. Since the inception of VSM, that community has grown by leaps and bounds. They now have one of the most popular Mortal Kombat streams in the country that has gained national attention through regular players such as CDjr, Maxter, Crazy Dominican, KT Smith, Shock, summ0ning, Tom Brady, and countless others. Phil is able to create an environment dedicated to the Mortal Kombat Kommunity and shows no signs of slowing down.

Phil has decided to create a 2 day event called “On The Edge II” and Joe and I have made it an East Coast Throwdown 4 qualifier. On The Edge II will be held at the Gamer’s Edge in Valley Stream, Long Island, New York on May 12 and 13, 2012. As an added bonus, winners of the EVO games will receive free entry to East Coast Throwdown 4, covering venue fee as well as tournament entry fee. That means the winners of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Street Fighter X Tekken, Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition v2012, Soulcalibur V, King of Fighters XIII, along with Mortal Kombat 9, will be able to come to East Coast Throwdown 4 in June and not have to worry about a thing (unless they’d like to register for other games, which can be taken care of at the door). These players will also receive seeding in their respective pools to give nod to their achievements at On The Edge II.

We’re really excited to be having a qualifier for East Coast Throwdown 4 and we can’t think of a better person to have run it. The MK guys are a huge part of East Coast Throwdown’s history. They are always there helping us plan the event from the earliest stages until the night before it starts. Show these guys some love and check out On The Edge II!

On The Edge II - Shoryuken
On The Edge II - TestYourMight
On The Edge II - Dreamcancel
On The Edge II - 8WayRun

As announced last night on The Late Nite Show with LI Joe, One Frame Link will be putting an extra $3000 into the Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3! One Frame Link is an amazing website created and operated by the man behind sf4answers, Nicholas Paldino. One Frame Link is still in its infancy, but there are a lot of powerful tools geared toward the fighting game community in the works that will be revealed soon. If you thought using a zip code to find a tournament in your area was impressive, you ain’t seen nothing yet! Here’s the official release from One Frame Link:

While One Frame Link is a supporter of the Fighting Game Community at-large, we’ve never lost touch with what makes this community great – the individual connections that we form because of our shared love for fighting games.​
Even though we live in an era where where online battles have become the norm, it’s those connections that we make in-person that help define us as a community. And what better way to make those connections than at a tournament?​
To that end sf4answers has sponsored East Coast Throwdown for the past two years. With our transformation from sf4answers into One Frame Link we are privileged to continue supporting John and Joe by sponsoring East Coast Throwdown 4.​
The foundation of our support comes from the great relationship I have with SweetJohnnyCage and L.I. Joe. How this relationship formed is a long story (OK, not that long, it involves a bunch of tweets and Evo 2009), but needless to say, we all share the same vision of elevating the community to new heights. Over the years I’ve had the pleasure of interacting with them on a professional and personal level, supporting their initiatives and vice versa. We’re all trying to make the fighting game community a better place.​
It’s in the spirit of realizing that vision that we here at One Frame Link are proud to announce that we are contributing a $3,000 pot bonus to the Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 tournament at East Coast Throwdown 4!​
This was a difficult decision for One Frame Link because there are so many tournaments to choose from at ECT4; from the latest titles like Street Fighter X Tekken, Skullgirls and Soul Calibur 5 to old-school classics such as Super Street Fighter II Turbo (oh, it’s aTournament of Legends qualifier) and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, the fighting game community is represented very well here.​
However, the Marvel series is without-a-doubt one of the fundamental pillars of the fighting game community. Starting with MvC2, it’s provided us with the most hype-inducing, memorable moments in the community. Here’s just a sampling of what went down in the 10+ year tournament history of MvC2:​
MvC3 is just getting its legs as a tournament game, but it’s already shown hints of potential to bring out great moments:
And of course, who could deny Marvel’s impact on the vernacular of the community?
So come out, player and spectator alike, and be there to forge the next generation of moments in our community.​

Be sure to follow Nick and OneFrameLink on all of your favorite social network sites below!
Twitter: @casperOne @OneFrameLink
Facebook: http://facebook.com/oneframelink

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
All I know is:

A. Boxy's gon' hurt some people :D.
B. I want a shot at commentary. I promise you, MK world, I will deliver verbiage of deliciousness.

WHERE YOU AT, EAST COAST

As announced on The Late Nite Show With LI Joe this evening, there will be a high stakes money match between California’s Fanatiq and New York’s RayRay. The stakes are already at $2000 and will continue to grow until the match happens. We will be setting up a PayPal account so everyone can get in on the backing of either Fanatiq or RayRay. We’re still trying to work out a way to handle side bets between spectators, but it will more than likely have to be handled in person. This match will be played on the stage and streamed by Team sp00ky on Sunday. We’re still finalizing a time, but we will post up a schedule very soon. There’s 6 weeks until East Coast Throwdown 4 so both of these players have over a month to get in the lab and bring their best game!
Be sure to register for East Coast Throwdown and save yourself $15. Click the link on the top of every page!

PS
We’ll be creating a running tally to put on the site so everyone can keep up with the money being put into the match!

Sorry for the double post, but here's the power plan;

On one side of the room will be MK, SFxT, KOF and Marvel. That side will have its own circuit breaker dedicated. On the other side will be anime, SCV, and SF4 on their own circuit breaker.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Sorry for the double post, but here's the power plan;

On one side of the room will be MK, SFxT, KOF and Marvel. That side will have its own circuit breaker dedicated. On the other side will be anime, SCV, and SF4 on their own circuit breaker.
Awesome. We'll be in company with 2 of the other underrated games/communities (which usually pans out to friendly fare, so that's cool :) ), and the one of the 2 big name games whose players hate us the least. Liveable, definitely.

This is gonna be fucking spectacular. GET READY, GENTLEMEN!

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Awesome. We'll be in company with 2 of the other underrated games/communities (which usually pans out to friendly fare, so that's cool :) ), and the one of the 2 big name games whose players hate us the least. Liveable, definitely.

This is gonna be fucking spectacular. GET READY, GENTLEMEN!
I hope you're scared.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I hope you're scared.
Nervous, yes. Tense, yes. Scared...not in the slightest :).

Ask J360, Hitoshura, Mikemetroid and everybody else I talk to on a regular basis: I haven't been able to shut up about this show or the lengths I've been going to to get ready for it. (I made an epic war speech thread, but it disappeared before anyone saw it -_- )
Whereas the last couple of shows I've attended, I've had little more than a hope and a prayer and little serious belief that I could contend, I feel 169% Triple Net EX Reset Shoryuken Plume Of Prometheus certain that by the time the bell rings in Morristown, I'll be ready to stand my ground and make my name.

The only thing standing between me and victory...is Kabal.

My god, I hate Kabal.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Nervous, yes. Tense, yes. Scared...not in the slightest :).

Ask J360, Hitoshura, Mikemetroid and everybody else I talk to on a regular basis: I haven't been able to shut up about this show or the lengths I've been going to to get ready for it. (I made an epic war speech thread, but it disappeared before anyone saw it -_- )
Whereas the last couple of shows I've attended, I've had little more than a hope and a prayer and little serious belief that I could contend, I feel 169% Triple Net EX Reset Shoryuken Plume Of Prometheus certain that by the time the bell rings in Morristown, I'll be ready to stand my ground and make my name.

The only thing standing between me and victory...is Kabal.

My god, I hate Kabal.
I meant I will destroy you!!!!!!

I just hope I'm cool enough to get invited to someones hotel room :( Otherwise I will just drink with my girl and go to bed.

Anyone know if the hotel has free wifi?

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Also, what are the best food places in the area? Pizza place that was advertised at WinterBrawl hotel had the worst mozzy sticks, batter was like human skin!

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Also, what are the best food places in the area? Pizza place that was advertised at WinterBrawl hotel had the worst mozzy sticks, batter was like human skin!
Oh man, I had those. Blech.
Their pizza was top-notch, though. I also will be hunting for some prime pizza action.
Pepperoni Vs Hunger is a 10-0 matchup.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Oh man, I had those. Blech.
Their pizza was top-notch, though. I also will be hunting for some prime pizza action.
Pepperoni Vs Hunger is a 10-0 matchup.
There's actually a pizza place right across the street from the hotel that's very good as well as a convenience store right in the hotel.