What's new

General/Other - Johnny Cage Johnny Cage General Discussion Thread

Killer Xinok

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015
Anyone else think SD shouldn't have the gap in his EX Forcball? So here's what I'm trying to do, When I activate the clones and use them for pressure, I decide to not go for EX MRS and use the shadow kicks instead and then do F3 EX Forceballs for max chip, 2% per ball, since F3 EX Forceballs jails and 114 into EX Forceballs jail among other strings it seems perfect to go for, however the gap in the forceballs makes me question going for this half the time. Would removing the gap in the EX Forceballs make it too OP?
It kinda would make him op.. cause imagine this: You have 3 bars and 2 shadows.. then do the f3 shadow kick pressure, then, when you run out of shadows you do f3 EX forceballs 3 times (I think forceballs on SD is +5, and the opponent need 1 more frame to get out of the block, he would have 5 frames to stop your knee) to spend your 3 bars, then, after you do 3 times f3 ex forceballs, the shadow's cooldown has already passed, so you do f3 activate the shadow and begin all over again, to gain more meter.. do you really want this? lol

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
How are people incorporating 11 mixups? After a landed nut punch, and assuming you have mimics and bar, are you going straight into 11 mix ups and hoping to open up you opponent so you can use your resources in a combo, or are you burning bar and mimics in block strings first then going into 113 or 11 F2 in the hope to land another nut punch and reactivate mimics on block?

Oh and @FireBreather I haven't forgotten about you, but my JC isn't where I want him yet. Soon though, mate.
That's the whole point of our practice session man stop worrying that I'll think your shit lol

I'll ret with to do with 11 in a few

That's the whole point of our practice session man stop worrying that I'll think your shit lol

I'll ret with to do with 11 in a few
Lol, that wasn't my concern. I just didn't want to get pissed at myself for dropping the basic mid screen bnbs. I'll send you an invite next time I see you online.

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
It kinda would make him op.. cause imagine this: You have 3 bars and 2 shadows.. then do the f3 shadow kick pressure, then, when you run out of shadows you do f3 EX forceballs 3 times (I think forceballs on SD is +5, and the opponent need 1 more frame to get out of the block, he would have 5 frames to stop your knee) to spend your 3 bars, then, after you do 3 times f3 ex forceballs, the shadow's cooldown has already passed, so you do f3 activate the shadow and begin all over again, to gain more meter.. do you really want this? lol
Yeah I guess that would be ridiculous. But as for now something decent to whip out when your opponent doesn't know the matchup well. That would be rather insane and the chip would be enormous. Would practically be a block infinite to Quan, and this matchup I feel already isn't terribly in his favor. Could be as OP as pre patch Tempest Lao now that I think aboutbit but that shit was +24. Nothing compares to that.

Do you guys usually practice on an ASUS monitor?

I was having trouble doing SKRCs at a local when I can do them 99% of the time on my TV at home. Not sure if the monitor threw off my timing.

Killer Xinok

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015
Well that cleared that up
I think only against Erron black and Quan chi you will fell good with fistcuffs.. b121212 stops all erron and quan's armors, and you won't suffer too much by their zooning. But it's not better than the other variations.. That's only my opinion btw

I think only against Erron black and Quan chi you will fell good with fistcuffs.. b121212 stops all erron and quan's armors, and you won't suffer too much by their zooning. But it's not better than the other variations.. That's only my opinion btw
Ok. If I end up struggling against these two I'll consider FC.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Is there any reason to learn Fisticuffs? Is there a single match up that it does better in than the other two?
As everybody knows FC is total trash since June. However the speedbag can help you vs some characters which have slow or no wakeup game, as Killer said. It will help you with Quan of course, Erron, Tremor (yes, FC breaks all of his armors), Predator and some more. This is the only reason (besides you being a loyalist of the variation as me) to pick him, cause the other two have much more options in almost every situation.

But the variation has potential, and with a few buffs (as many of us suggested in other posts) he can be quite good.

yeah that does that too, but to some people that can differentiate 12 from 11, i think 11 skrc should work well as an alternative :)

also unrelated, if you do f4 f24 d1 f3 np as a filler combo after your rc combos, you would see that your stamina would have regenerated fully after the np animation is over :) works also with combos with 2 rcs ie: f3 skrc 12 rc f4 f24 d1 f3 np and it does good damage too. :) just something to contribute.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged

Sooo I guess the 2nd Shadow has a better hitbox?
Yeah, I remember this also happens with mimic shadowkicks, a guy posted a vid about it some time ago.

It's absurd. But I doubt this is fixed in the patch. Instead, we will get A-List nerfed and Fisticuffs ignored...

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
In SD what can I do after a nut punch to get out mimics more safely against people who armor through 4 mimic summon? Do I replace the Nut Punch with a knockdown but lose out on the pressure to get it later?

rafaw

#YouSuck
In SD what can I do after a nut punch to get out mimics more safely against people who armor through 4 mimic summon? Do I replace the Nut Punch with a knockdown but lose out on the pressure to get it later?
Theres no way to get it safe, but you can do D4xx Mimic Summon.