What's new

Question - Heavy Weapons Jax RC Frame Data on hit and block?

Odyessus

New PSN: XShdwX_Odysseus
Does anyone have the combos with RC that Jax is plus on? Sort of like Liu Kang's F213 FBC is plus 12 on block. I've found the list for Johnny and Liu Kang but I've scoured the Jax's forum and am unable to find it. Jax is my main and typically use wrestler but I also like HW. If anyone has this it would be much appreciated.

Odyessus

That is what I thought. I was just hoping someone went ahead and made a list of the frame data anyways.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Okay, since nobody knows for sure I did some testing myself to see what was safe on block and I did some of his strings and normals but not all. I don't have godlike execution but I did my best. Here's what I have so far:

Between -5 and 0, I was able to block Cassies reversal flip which is 6 frames
JIP 1/2
B1
F2
F2,1
B3
B3,4
D4

At least -6 or more (eventually this column will turn into a gererally punishable column with how negative it is)
D1
D3
B1,2
D1,D2

Plus on block
4 - around +10, possible more but F3 jailing was the best I could do.

I've still to test everything but this is what I have so far. I will update this post in the future.

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

Drooling. Been wanting this for awhile. Just another's more accurate opinion. Muchos gracias!
You're very welcome, I wanted to know too lol. I'm sure Dizzy can give us exact frames if he wanted to test it but mine is accurate but not as precise. If you want to get some of the stuff to be safe you need to be really perfect with your execution, some of them is insanely hard and if you're out a frame or two you're getting punished by a reversal lol.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Might be able to look into this. How quickly depends if the cancels are hard to get frame perfect (e.g. A-List) or have a nice buffer to make frame perfect easy (e.g. Dragon's Fire). If the latter, I can do it pretty quick and easily. If the former I'll probably only do a few of the really common ones at least, but be annoyed by it :p

Scott The Scot

Might be able to look into this. How quickly depends if the cancels are hard to get frame perfect (e.g. A-List) or have a nice buffer to make frame perfect easy (e.g. Dragon's Fire). If the latter, I can do it pretty quick and easily. If the former I'll probably only do a few of the really common ones at least, but be annoyed by it :p
It's very A-list esque to get frame perfect unfortunately lol. It legitimately sometimes took me 5 minutes (not exagerating) to find out one move was safe when I thought it was punishable.

Can I ask what method you use to count the frames so perfectly? Do you just record the footage at 60fps then count each frame in Vegas Pro or After Effects or something?

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
It's very A-list esque to get frame perfect unfortunately lol. It legitimately sometimes took me 5 minutes (not exagerating) to find out one move was safe when I thought it was punishable.

Can I ask what method you use to count the frames so perfectly? Do you just record the footage at 60fps then count each frame in Vegas Pro or After Effects or something?
Yes. Record at 60 fps, load the uncompressed video file into VirtualDub, encode the video using Xvid, play back using VLC and frame step to count the frames.

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
123 is negative, but I really think can be made safe if frame perfect and cancel on the first or so frames of the rocket

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
It got changed from the last set of patches/hotfix's and I've gone over it a little and can give you some rough numbers. 123,23,F21,11 can be made at least -6 F3 I need to check but thats now much more - It's tight to block a reversal EX kicks from Liu.

Scott The Scot

It got changed from the last set of patches/hotfix's and I've gone over it a little and can give you some rough numbers. 123,23,F21,11 can be made at least -6 F3 I need to check but thats now much more - It's tight to block a reversal EX kicks from Liu.
I couldn't wait so tested a bunch of stuff against Cassies flip, you can see my list above. 11, 23, and F21 can be made at least -5 or better. Some are suuuuuper tight to do.

Scott The Scot

Started checking into Jax RC a bit now. Testing it now was able to block flip kick.

Wow, I concede! Thank you to Death and Dizzy for showing how free my execution is :p

Thanks, Dizzy!

EDIT:
I can't believe how stupid I was. I just watched your inputs and I was doing a run cancel from the rocket then trying to cancel the run by letting go of block then pressing block again. Woooow I made everything so difficult for myself when I could have just used down and keep holding block. I'm an idiot. That's all from me folk! Lol

Last edited:

Odyessus

I find the 2,3 is one of the easiest combos to cancel back into block. One of my favorite things to do is a blocked 2,3 RC block opponents poke into pressure mix-up.