What's new

[Jan 25, 2014] Kumite in Tennessee 14 $5000+ (Murfreesboro, TN)

Golden Gun Fun

Zoned on a Tuesday
I'm a tourney noob, sorry, but if I pre registered for the event and for injustice, can I come in the morning on Saturday for badge pickup, go home, and come back when the injustice pools start?

Vandy

Kumite!
I'm a tourney noob, sorry, but if I pre registered for the event and for injustice, can I come in the morning on Saturday for badge pickup, go home, and come back when the injustice pools start?

Yes, after you get your badge you are free to leave and re-enter the venue whenever you want.

Vandy

Kumite!
Today we are announcing yet another prize you can win by simply pre-registering for KiT 14 online. This is a new PlayStation 3 Street Fighter 4 tournament stick by MadCatz. These popular sticks are becoming harder to find, so here is your chance to own one! We will start the raffles in mid December live on our twitch channel. Preregister now at www.kitrevival.com/register

Vandy

Kumite!
Introducing our Injustice Game Director:

Continuing along with our introductions – we welcome a newcomer to Tennessee who will be running Injustice: Gods Among Us, Nick “Gweedo” Guajardo.

“I recently moved to Tennessee from Florida, where I was an active member of the scene there. I am one of the old guys of the group, married with three kids. I have been into competitive gaming since the Dreamcast and Marvel Vs Capcom. I got into Halo Competing in local events and the early day MLG’s in Halo and Gears of War. I returned to the FGC once I moved from Michigan to Florida. During my time working at EA Sports we played Street Fighter 4 during lunches. Since then I have competed in games such as SSFAE, UMVC3, and Kof XIII with my Main Focus being MK9,Injustice, and TTT2. I have competed at CEO, FR for the last couple years and I help Jebailey, the organizer of the Community Effort Orlando (CEO) tournament, run pools at every monthly and major for the past two years. I also ran a few MK/Injustice tournaments before I left Florida. I hope to start hosting again once I move into a place that has size and allows it.”

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Introducing our Injustice Game Director:

Continuing along with our introductions – we welcome a newcomer to Tennessee who will be running Injustice: Gods Among Us, Nick “Gweedo” Guajardo.

“I recently moved to Tennessee from Florida, where I was an active member of the scene there. I am one of the old guys of the group, married with three kids. I have been into competitive gaming since the Dreamcast and Marvel Vs Capcom. I got into Halo Competing in local events and the early day MLG’s in Halo and Gears of War. I returned to the FGC once I moved from Michigan to Florida. During my time working at EA Sports we played Street Fighter 4 during lunches. Since then I have competed in games such as SSFAE, UMVC3, and Kof XIII with my Main Focus being MK9,Injustice, and TTT2. I have competed at CEO, FR for the last couple years and I help Jebailey, the organizer of the Community Effort Orlando (CEO) tournament, run pools at every monthly and major for the past two years. I also ran a few MK/Injustice tournaments before I left Florida. I hope to start hosting again once I move into a place that has size and allows it.”
STORMS

Vandy

Kumite!
Game Directors posted here: kitrevival.com/staff

DreamTR
“I am a seasonsed tournament veteran with numerous top 8 finishes in national tournaments for Street Fighter Alpha 2, Alpha 3, Super Street Fighter II Turbo, Street Fighter III: Third Strike, Capcom vs SNK I, 2, Mortal Kombat II, UMK3, and MK4 as well as a top 16 national GameStop Finalist in Street Fighter IV. I have been running Midwest Championships, the longest running yearly touranament in the USA, since 1997. I also ran the national Alpha 3 tournament (Daigo Umehara’s first appearance in the USA) and the national Mortal Kombat (MK9) tournament for PDP. I am currently the owner of Game Galaxy Arcade with three locations across Alabama and Tennessee. The Nashville location is the hub for Middle Tennessee fighting games with a weekly fight night and monthly tournaments.”

KOkingpin
“I have been into the Smash scene since the V-Games days (2005ish). I have been considered the Godfather of Middle Tennessee Smash where I have been in 2 Different crews: TWIPL (Those Who Inhabit Proximal Locations) and Middle TN Smash. I absolutely love this community and continue to play the game through Project M where I am a backroom member. I am excited and scared at the same time for Smash 4. I have messed around with a lot of other fighting games but nothing has ever caught my interest like Smash Brothers. I host weekly get togethers at my place where we also host other fighting games with my best friend and roommate Milln. Our house is pretty much the go to spot for Middle Tennessee to hang out and practice whatever game you want.”

Icege
“My notable tournament placings are 9th at East Coast Championships 10 (T5.0), 9th at VTYME3 (T5.0), 5th at MLG Philly (T5.0), multiple top 16 finishes at Final Round (T4, T5.0, T5DR), and top 16 at ATL Regionals (T5.0). I am a jack of all trades and a master of none when it comes to games, but Tekken is where my heart is. I’m one of the few original Marduk players from his introduction during T4 remaining, as well as the inventor/discoverer of the VTSc technique during the days of T4 (eff you Japan and your ability to make combo videos before me! D:<). I’ve been organizing local tournaments for well over 10 years and have been a part of the Final Round staff for just under 10 years.”

potatosalad
“I have played Marvel vs. Capcom 3 since day 1 though I didn’t started playing competitively until the last few months prior to the launch of Ultimate. I hit the ground running as a competitor once UMvC3 came out and haven’t looked back since. To date, I have won about a dozen tournaments amongst states in the SouthEast (AL, TN, GA, NC, FL). I started up the Alabama Turnbuckle Kings tournament series in Huntsville, AL about a year ago to help spark the local community’s interest in improving their play. The Team MARQ crew came about along the same time as a joke among a small group of friends but is slowly starting to be a recognized group in the FGC. Our primary goal now is to develop and showcase the hidden Marvel talent that lies in the SouthEast to the rest of the world through the various sessions, tournies, salty suites, etc. we host or attend.”

Gweedo

Vandy
“Along with Beely Bounedara, I am the main tournament organizer for KiT 14. When it comes to running tournaments I value time and efficiency to ensure players have the best tournament experience possible. While Tekken is my favorite game, Dead or Alive and Soul Calibur are close seconds and I am very excited about the new Killer Instinct. Though in recent years the birth of my 2 children has kept me from traveling as much as I used to, I have been to places from Texas to Virginia to compete in DOA and Soul Calibur – mainly for SC2, SC3, DOA2U, and DOA4 where I competed under my old name, WoTmanX. With new entries into each series since I last compteted I am committed to seeing them grow. I consider myself a caretaker for these sometimes overlooked games at KiT and I am happy to give them the exposure they need.”

Milln
“I’ve been running tournaments and managing MTNG (Middle Tennessee Needs Gaming) for around 5 years now. I’ve always been a competitive gamer and had a knack for it. Over the years I’ve met several people that have been integral to my growth both as a fighting game player and as a tournament host. Guilty Gear has been in my life for as long if not longer and I’ve always had an interest in it. I don’t think I’ve met anyone that ever had anything truly negative to say about Guilty Gear. Everyone loves it. BlazBlue and Persona are the new airdasher games and people have taken to them as well, so where there’s competition, there’ll be events! That’s where I come in. My main focus is to give people a place to play and some structure for growth.”

Vandy

Kumite!

If you have been following Kumite in Tennessee you may have noticed the raffle prizes we are giving back to the players. We will officially do the drawing live on our Twitch channel December 15th at 10 PM following a short tournament show where we will discuss KiT 14 and bring on one or two guests. KiT Cast #1 will be the first of at least three raffle broadcasts we will do leading up to the tournament date. Make sure you are eligible by pre-registering at www.kitrevival.com/register – the deadline for the first drawing is December 13th at midnight.

Last edited:

Golden Gun Fun

Zoned on a Tuesday
Pig of the hut has liked quite a few of the posts made here. If he shows up at the tourney, I'm screwed. But also hyped to see him! I don't know how to feel :eek:

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I am planning on going to this. Need to talk to the locals to see if we can get a crew.

GGA 16 Bit
GGA Dizzy
GGA Wafflez
GGA pimpimjim
GGA Fill Pops
Maxintensity25
GGA HAN
GGA Slips
Hruza Da Bruza
NB Semi Evil Ryu
If someone from the Chicago area is willing to pick me up at my place, I'd be happy to tag along. Obviously, I'd pitch in for gas as well as a hotel room. I can even bring my air mattress with me, so I wouldn't even need one of the beds in the hotel room.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
If someone from the Chicago area is willing to pick me up at my place, I'd be happy to tag along. Obviously, I'd pitch in for gas as well as a hotel room. I can even bring my air mattress with me, so I wouldn't even need one of the beds in the hotel room.

Im sure we can arrange that.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I might be able to go. Ill keep you updated, sir. Also, someone has to stop wafflez in every game so I don't have much choice

Lol very strange. I was just talking to soonk about this 3 hours ago. He even looked up how far it was to drive for me.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Lol very strange. I was just talking to soonk about this 3 hours ago. He even looked up how far it was to drive for me.
Holy crap. You thinking about traveling? I didnt tag you because I figured you wouldn't be interested. My bad homey.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
I'd most likely be down fr this event, as well. I just wouldn't be able to drive myself; my back issues as of late prevent me from driving long distances without experiencing lots of pain.

Vandy

Kumite!
Pig of the hut has liked quite a few of the posts made here. If he shows up at the tourney, I'm screwed. But also hyped to see him! I don't know how to feel :eek:
Pig of the Hut will be one of many great players at KiT =)

Can't wait to see everyone there!