What's new

[Jan 14th, 2012] RAGE IN THE KAGE - Hosted by WHB (Fairfax, VA)

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
We're right back at it again, folks!

We at WHB are bringing you our third tournament,

RAGE IN THE KAGE

Before the standard fare, an announcement. PLEASE READ:

• With the start of the new year, there will be a few changes--One of them being: we (WHB) will hold tournaments a lot more frequently than last year. Our tournaments will be divided and grouped into quarters. Each quarter will have a tournament that has both MK and Tekken, a tournament that is Tekken only, and a tournament that is MK only. At the beginning of each quarter, we will have the Tekken + MK tournament. The middle month of the quarter will be Tekken only, and the last month of the quarter will be MK only.

For the first event of the quarter (Tekken + MK), pot split will be the standard 70/20/10 ($5 entry). For the last events of the quarter (MK only), entry fee is $10, and we (MAK) will have a guaranteed $500 pot with a $200 pot bonus if the $500 pot amount is reached by player entries alone (50 players). Pot split is 70/20/10.

• The venue fee has changed to $10, effective immediately. As you know, we at WHB are always committed to bringing you bigger and better quality events. As we get bigger and bigger, so do our expenses, which is why we made the decision to increase the venue fee. The extra funds will go toward acquiring better streaming equipment, paying for the venue, food/drinks, more raffle/give-away opportunities, and of course, bringing more and more of our signature flash and pizzazz to our events. Thank you for your understanding.

• We are strongly considering running other games at our events. 2012 is a big year for fighters, and as such, we at WHB want to cater to as much of the fighting game community as we can. Announcements on game adoption will come as we make the decisions.

• The schedule for the first quarter of 2012 is as follows:
-January 14th, 2012: RAGE IN THE KAGE; Tekken 6 + Mortal Kombat 9 Tournaments
-February (Date TBA): Tekken 6 Tournament
-March (Date TBA): Mortal Kombat 9 Tournament

Thank you
-The We Hit Buttons Team
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PRE-REGISTRATION
Post in this thread with your gamer tag, where you are coming from (city and state), and which games you are entering (Tekken 6 and/or MK9). We will have a list below of pre-registered entrants.

Example: Gamer2009 (Las Vegas, NV): T6 and MK9
Example 2: ThisIsMyGamerTag (Washington, DC): MK9

WHEN:
January 14th, 2012
CHECK LATER FOR TOURNAMENT TIMES

WHERE:
George Mason University
Johnson Center (JC)- 3rd Floor, Room A
4400 University Drive, Fairfax, Virginia 22030 - Google Directions to Parking Lot

PARKING AND METRO:
Parking
Please park at Lot A if possible. If Lot A is full, the other free parking lots are K, L, J, and C. Below are map images to help you find the lots.

Braddock/Rt.123
Braddock/Roberts

Metro
Get to VIENNA METRO STATION and go to the NORTH exit and a mason shuttle should arrive near the parking deck every 30 minutes. "METRO TO MASON"

For more detailed instructions, check out this website provided by GMU.

TOURNAMENTS
1v1 Double Elimination 70/20/10 (or 80/20/00 depending on turnout) ; FT2 (Best 2 of 3 Matches)
applies to Tekken 6 and Mortal Kombat 9.

Entry Fee = $5 per person per tournament
Venue Fee = $10 per person
Mason Student = $5 discount (Must have valid Student ID)
Bring Setup (PS3+TEKKEN 6 or MK9 or TV/MONITOR)* = $5 discount
Parking = Free

*Must notify us prior to tournament date; First come, first serve basis (Number of people we need to bring setups is limited, so let us know asap if you're bringing a setup)

EXHIBITION MATCHES
-

EXTRA INFO:
- As always, we will order pizza and drinks
- Stream (http://www.ustream.tv/channel/rage-in-the-kage)

Questions? Please PM SWBeta or N0rdicNinja or email us at [email protected] or [email protected].
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know the drill!

REGISTERED PLAYERS

--SOVA--
Blackula
Vegeta
Curse
Immortal Skillit
Low Sweep

--NOVA--
N0rdicNinja
Flipin Flava
Creepy00
Korpse

--RVA--
Chronos (possible)

--MD--
SWBeta
Eazail (possible)
Citizen Snips (possible)

--PA--
Shrek's Big Dick

--NC--
Death
LionHeart (possible)

--NY--
Revolver (possible)

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
WOO WOO WOO, YOU KNOW IT!!!

I'm in. Same deal as always. I'm bringing a setup.

Also creating a DOC on the MAK Facebook page to keep track of attendees, as always. :)

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
Total: 8

--SOVA--
Blackula
Vegeta
Curse
Immortal Skillit

--NOVA--
N0rdicNinja
Flipin Flava

--MD--
SWBeta

--PA--
Shrek's Big Dick

Eazail

Noob
List me add possible. I put in a slip for the 14th the first chance I got. But my boss is on vacation and still hasn't gotten to it yet. I'm hoping she will not schedule me for they saturday. I only work 1 saturday a month and if I get put there I will be pissed!

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
Total: 10

--SOVA--
Blackula
Vegeta
Curse
Immortal Skillit

--NOVA--
N0rdicNinja
Flipin Flava

--RVA--
Chronos (possible)

--MD--
SWBeta
Eazail (possible)

--PA--
Shrek's Big Dick

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
Total: 11

--SOVA--
Blackula
Vegeta
Curse
Immortal Skillit

--NOVA--
N0rdicNinja
Flipin Flava
Creepy00

--RVA--
Chronos (possible)

--MD--
SWBeta
Eazail (possible)

--PA--
Shrek's Big Dick

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
Just as a note, since this event is so soon after the first it was intended to be a smaller event then the one in March, hence why we're saving up for the big pot bonus at the end of the quarter. But damn, 11 names in less then 12 hours? If you all show us that we don't know what the fuck we're talking about and this event reaches 30 I will pull from whatever resources I can to supply a bonus! Exact amount is TBD but you all know me, I don't go small.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
Total: 12

--SOVA--
Blackula
Vegeta
Curse
Immortal Skillit

--NOVA--
N0rdicNinja
Flipin Flava
Creepy00

--RVA--
Chronos (possible)

--MD--
SWBeta
Eazail (possible)

--PA--
Shrek's Big Dick

--NC--
Death

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
Korpse from Herndon VA, this will hopefully be my last tournament with my PoS PDP Stick (hopefully)

and why not use Twitch.tv instead of ustream?

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Just as a note, since this event is so soon after the first it was intended to be a smaller event then the one in March, hence why we're saving up for the big pot bonus at the end of the quarter. But damn, 11 names in less then 12 hours? If you all show us that we don't know what the fuck we're talking about and this event reaches 30 I will pull from whatever resources I can to supply a bonus! Exact amount is TBD but you all know me, I don't go small.
If I gain any winnings again I'm donating them back to you guys.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
Total: 14

--SOVA--
Blackula
Vegeta
Curse
Immortal Skillit

--NOVA--
N0rdicNinja
Flipin Flava
Creepy00
Korpse

--RVA--
Chronos (possible)

--MD--
SWBeta
Eazail (possible)
Citizen Snips (possible)

--PA--
Shrek's Big Dick

--NC--
Death

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
Total: 15

--SOVA--
Blackula
Vegeta
Curse
Immortal Skillit

--NOVA--
N0rdicNinja
Flipin Flava
Creepy00
Korpse

--RVA--
Chronos (possible)

--MD--
SWBeta
Eazail (possible)
Citizen Snips (possible)

--PA--
Shrek's Big Dick

--NC--
Death
LionHeart (possible)

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
put me as possible. i'm getting used to a new controller for ps3 so i might need more time, instead of going to Apex and going 0-2. i'll know in a few days. coming from PA.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
Total: 16

--SOVA--
Blackula
Vegeta
Curse
Immortal Skillit

--NOVA--
N0rdicNinja
Flipin Flava
Creepy00