What's new

Match Footage Jade Videos

No doubt, you made a great job. I've read some comments about this tournament and there were many good words about you as a player and especially as a Jade representative, so i want to congratulate you on such a good result! I'm glad that 10 hour bus ride didn't stop you from being there :)

Few words about the game. I think you know your own mistakes well, but i want to point out that any Jade player should be as safe as possible, in this case i'd suggest to avoid the uppercuts and b+1 after EN Glow because it can easily wiff and huge recovery will punish you hard. I like your wakeups, they helped you many times and i try to do the same.

Thx for these games and for visiting this tournament, i'll go for a tournament here in Moscow on February 23 and if i can get to the top8 (i'm not sure if i can, but i'll try) you'll see my games too, and be sure that my Jade will be in 1st costume :p

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Thanks man. I do realize my mistakes, a lot of whiffing, bad punishing, spacing not too good, b1 still gets me killed sometimes, though I like it :) I do play an aggressive/baiting Jade more often. Jade's uppercut is a beast, maybe not here but it's one of her best tools. When I glow I usually go for a b1 combo automatically, so yeah, I'll have to work on that. Thanks for the input. Good luck on your tournament.

Aris_adapted

Aristotle
it must be said good stuff! Your first post is very informative particularly. 23 Февраля надеюсь что ты войдешь в топы). с сеточкой главное повезло бы.

AestheticLove

Staff Tier
I like what i've seen so far. Just a few tips. As you've told me before cancel the b1s into a special. I noticed the use of b3,2. Very nice. It's great for spacing. I also play kitana, i wanted to say if they try to f2,1, you. if you space it right you can b3,2, them out of it. Along with spacing, i would suggest more b2, and more u3s.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I like what i've seen so far. Just a few tips. As you've told me before cancel the b1s into a special. I noticed the use of b3,2. Very nice. It's great for spacing. I also play kitana, i wanted to say if they try to f2,1, you. if you space it right you can b3,2, them out of it. Along with spacing, i would suggest more b2, and more u3s.
Thanks.

Espio

Kokomo
Great job!! Your reactions are really good, may I suggest 3 into staff overhead it is a lot less risky from my experience, the damage is slightly lower, but it seems less reliant on jump ins, you did extremely well against those Kitana and Mileena players.Your matches were very entertaining as well and a ten hour bus ride is serious dedication:).

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Great job!! Your reactions are really good, may I suggest 3 into staff overhead it is a lot less risky from my experience, the damage is slightly lower, but it seems less reliant on jump ins, you did extremely well against those Kitana and Mileena players.Your matches were very entertaining as well and a ten hour bus ride is serious dedication:).
Thanks man. I use b1 mostly because I cancel it into df2/df4 if blocked (well, at least I'm trying to :)), but 3 starter is definitely what I should begin to incorporate in my game, I use it very rarely. The bus ride was not so bad given the fact that I rode at night and slept most of the time, but if the bus had a bed would've been the best.

CompletelyJaded

Whiffmaker
He was baiting you to jump. Use f21 mixups to go in instead and when he crouches it, BAM combo
Also in a situation where you see him jump at you like at around 2:00, use 2 to catch him out of the air and en overhead to pop him up into a combo.

Thead

Noob
Good job Prinz. I think the people here have covered most things, so I'll just say stick at it and congratulations. Mileenas ball can be punished with 3~Overhead into combo, and Telekick with D1, dash 12, 12, 4~special iirc. Always Low Block the Telekick if possible.

Regardless you probably know this and it was just nerves. Good job.

I'd like to know about Thead on WGC and get some video with his gameplay.
Tbh I'm very disappointed with how I played in the tourney, made lots of stupid mistakes, dropped most combos and punished things with Standing 1/D1 instead of full combo'ing (lol). I'll put it down to tourney nerves and learn from that tho.

On the flip side I feel I played well in tonnes of casual matches I had in the hotel and at the event, unfortunately I think the only thing recorded was my shit representation in the tourney lol. I'll try to record some of my upcoming casual matches however.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Tbh I'm very disappointed with how I played in the tourney, made lots of stupid mistakes, dropped most combos and punished things with Standing 1/D1 instead of full combo'ing (lol). I'll put it down to tourney nerves and learn from that tho.
Tbh, I'm not so proud of myself either. You can see I was just standing there and watching Mileena roll in the air and being blank on how to punish her the best, following with the best I could realize then - uppercut lol. But the experience was the most important. Also the guys were very impressed with my Jade, that's the most important to me.

Hey guys, here's one more video recorded during online mini-tourney.
Participants: luirrrr (aka Mr.Riddler, the winner of previous Moscow tournament), Azerro (aka Shai Hulud, local champion in his city), Red Vector (streamer and manager of the event) and me.
Rules: KotH, first to 20 wins.
There were some troubles with the stream so it have some sound delay.
The event begins at 17:00, my games timing: 20:20, 30:20, 41:20, 48:20, 57:40, 1:11:15, 1:19:05, 1:30:10. 1:44:50, 1:50:15, and 2 or 3 before the tournament.
Online connection was almost perfect, all dropped combos and random stuff were done only coz of input errors. Notable thing - i rely too much on b+2 and it gets punished very well (especialy by cyrax) or leads to initiative loss, now i think that b+3 2 is much better in case you don't know how to get to the opponent.

Damn guys, sorry, but there's no good news for Jade players from my tourney. There were about 40 players, and the rules were - you have to play with 4 random opponents, then top8 players go to single elimination. I've lost 2 matches, 1 against insane reptile, it was just destruction, i can't even wakeup properly because he was flying like a rocket across the screen, and another one against kitana, only coz of my mistakes. Of course i didn't get to the top8 so i can't show you any recorded matches because only play-off was recorded :oops:
I'm afraid than my online gameplay totally beats my offline :confused:

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Damn guys, sorry, but there's no good news for Jade players from my tourney. There were about 40 players, and the rules were - you have to play with 4 random opponents, then top8 players go to single elimination. I've lost 2 matches, 1 against insane reptile, it was just destruction, i can't even wakeup properly because he was flying like a rocket across the screen, and another one against kitana, only coz of my mistakes. Of course i didn't get to the top8 so i can't show you any recorded matches because only play-off was recorded :oops:
I'm afraid than my online gameplay totally beats my offline :confused:
At least you had to experience the real deal :)

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
What´s up guys? I´m a Stryker player but always like to play with Jade. See some awesome tricks that help improve my game here...
Please, coment... and enjoy of course.
Wow, you're aggressive lol Good play. Good use of Glow and 23f2 as blockstring. What I would do: try to end blockstrings in staffgrab, it's more safe; I see you do d1 a lot and don't follow with anything, is it on purpose that you don't follow? If not than following with staffgrab will give you some meter+safety on block or damage+space on hit, maybe use it too. Very solid execution.
Btw, the Rain player is good too.

CompletelyJaded

Whiffmaker
Gotta love the 6 hit swag that only does 14% damage.
Also gotta love how every better character has options against being jumped in on, but Jade, whose combo starters all need a jump in to hitconfirm, lacks one.
NRS can't balance to save their lives.

To be constructive: try to use your meter a bit better, you tend to waste it and be out of meter when you'd need a glow badly. Also I'm seeing your air control a bit out of slack there, try to practice njp and deep jump ins / air hit fjp into f21 into ENhighBoomerang , n4df2/df4