What's new

Is the J.L.A.to appear in future Arrow Episode? Tom Welling to return as Superman for TV?

SkaGoogle

Tailgates & Tan-lines !
won't happen, dc will not put superman and batman on tv as it interferes with their cinematic universe, they just won't do it. you can't have 1 justice league on tv and another in the movies with completely different actors. This has been discussed already by dc. I'm suprised they even put flash on tv seeing as that he gets his own movie in 2017 with a completely different actor (rumored to be the main actor from pacific rim charlie hunnam).

Klesk_1

RIP Grundy
that's prob because you fairy's dont like an established opinion from someone who knows what their talking about as posed to out their ass hole!!!!
Why do you know more than anyone else? just because i bought and have read comics for the past 20 years doesn't mean my opinion is more valid than everyone else's you idiot.

Its all a matter of perspective and my perspective is that Tom Welling is a terrible actor and could never have pulled of the Man Of Steel Movie like Henry did. The Smallville show itself was terrible and went on far too long, it was only popular because there weren't better things out there. Arrow is 100 times what Smallville could have ever been.

Your problem with Henry Cavil is the same as when people used to moan than Keanu Reeves is a terrible actor and despite that, the Matrix is one of the best films of all time-he is great in it, same thing with Arnie and Terminator 2. You've said your peace, it never mattered because it's just a post on the internet. Justice League movie will move forward with all your protestations and arguing about it won't achieve shit.

Klesk_1

RIP Grundy
won't happen, dc will not put superman and batman on tv as it interferes with their cinematic universe, they just won't do it. you can't have 1 justice league on tv and another in the movies with completely different actors. This has been discussed already by dc. I'm suprised they even put flash on tv seeing as that he gets his own movie in 2017 with a completely different actor (rumored to be the main actor from pacific rim charlie hunnam).
They're doing exactly that with the Flash though aren't they? Just saying..

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I agree Batman will never be shown on tv (hell even in that Gotham series coming up there will only be a child Bruce Wayne), plus the Arrow universe doesn't have superpowers, hell Canary's cry is just some sonic disruptor. I don't want to see the JLA on the small screen especially on Arrow, maybe when the Flash series comes out, more meta humans can be introduced.
Maybe you missed it, but Barry Allen is definitely in the Arrow universe. He definitely has what I would describe as a superpower. I would also argue that the Mirakuru serum introduces superpowers as well.

Last edited:

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
i personally think Tom Welling could save the otherwise declining Superman franchise, after the less all round immpressive Man of Steel, dont get me wrong; Man of Steel was good action flick that for action and action alone you would have to give it 10/10, however as a Superman movie though, under any of the set levels of what to possibly expect, 100% NO!! the acting was piss poor, it lacked character, emotion, and more so atmosphere!!! even Russell Crowe embarrasing!!! weather he actually even wanted to play the part ''truly'' remains a mystery but he could've at least put some credable effort into it ..LOL, which even alot of the animations are hot on!! ''ANIMATIONS'' and Henry Cavil is by all means a good if not okay domestic actor, buy Hollywood worthy? to play such iconic character!!!? im sorry but he hasn't the skills to convice an audience!! he didn't in immortals, and was embarrasing in Man of Steel!!!! as theres alot more to having just a ripped physique to play the Man of Steel, i really think they need to reinstate Tom Welling with the role ''WHY'' well simply because to date; he always expressed passion and emotion, and depth playing the young Clark Kent and at the end, eventual Superman....before Superman/Batman is released and sends the franchise crashing to its joke worthy end!!!!! theres very little if any hope for the sequel!!! and to be honest ive never been Smallville fan!! but again seeing Tom Welling in just a couple of episodes is more than easy enough to establish his aura with the character, and in my estimation ''made for the part'' as Chris Reeves was before him.....unless of course they want to flush the Superman franchise down the toilet...let them continue doing what their doing!!! thats why the guys at DC need to grow balls and stick with what brings them success!! not change something that dosen't need changing....so yeah 100% Welling can smash Arrow as cameo!!
I love your "willy-nilly" approach to punctuation and structure. It pleases me.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
I agree Batman will never be shown on tv (hell even in that Gotham series coming up there will only be a child Bruce Wayne), plus the Arrow universe doesn't have superpowers, hell Canary's cry is just some sonic disruptor. I don't want to see the JLA on the small screen especially on Arrow, maybe when the Flash series comes out, more meta humans can be introduced.
Arrow and the new flash show do take place in the same universe, though as for Gotham it has yet to be stated if Gotham is happening at the same time as Arrow and flash or it Arrow and flash are in the future. But all the same I don't think batman will make it to the small screen but then again you never can be too sure, but I;m kind of glad that batman wasnt on the small screen when you think of how smallville turned out.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
While that is true that DC won't do it(that could change in the future) DC already has different universes between Smallville, Flash and Arrow, Gotham, Constantine, Supergirl coming later on etc and their movies are already different universes so they very well could have various actors playing the same characters they just have this rule with "if someone is on the big screen or near that time won't put them on TV" sadly it doesn't work the other way around, but reason only pumped up Welling fans to don the suit, get bigger perhaps on the big screen.

I mean as a fan of Smallville it was great, it's so popular it could have gone an 11th season but they said enough we're good here, and has a good comic continuing the series.

All of that being said, I think all that "Marvel has same continuity but DC don't" nonsense means nothing, besides I can easily name Marvel movies not in the same continuity with their "Cinamatic Universe Avengers etc" and we all know the JL film will have the same actors in their movies.

Since I noticed some people always bring this up, not really a big deal...just give me a good series, story etc

SkaGoogle

Tailgates & Tan-lines !
While that is true that DC won't do it(that could change in the future) DC already has different universes between Smallville, Flash and Arrow, Gotham, Constantine, Supergirl coming later on etc and their movies are already different universes so they very well could have various actors playing the same characters they just have this rule with "if someone is on the big screen or near that time won't put them on TV" sadly it doesn't work the other way around, but reason only pumped up Welling fans to don the suit, get bigger perhaps on the big screen.

I mean as a fan of Smallville it was great, it's so popular it could have gone an 11th season but they said enough we're good here, and has a good comic continuing the series.

All of that being said, I think all that "Marvel has same continuity but DC don't" nonsense means nothing, besides I can easily name Marvel movies not in the same continuity with their "Cinamatic Universe Avengers etc" and we all know the JL film will have the same actors in their movies.

Since I noticed some people always bring this up, not really a big deal...just give me a good series, story etc
smallville in my personal opinon started off strong, got bad, then ended strong. Smallville was good at the time but comparing to today's marvel movies and arrow I just look back at the series and really remember how bad some of the acting was and some of the bad acting really threw me off of liking certain characters. I truly only thought welling and the actor for lex luthor did a good job. I also recently saw the first flash episode for the new tv show and it had pacing problems, like 1 second flash would be talking to someone and the next he would be at starlabs or doing something else. but yeah, DC will never put batman on tv ever. and superman will never be on tv again after the man of steel movie. and to your point about marvel movies, every movie since iron man 1 that marvel has made has been apart of the universe. And there were no shows running alongside any of their movies except agents of shield. But wow man think about all the movies we are getting in the next 2 years, xmen apocalypse, avengers 2, batman v superman, doctor strange, captain america 3, sinister six, fantastic 4, antman, and deadpool all in the next 2 years boy is it an awesome time to be alive.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
smallville in my personal opinon started off strong, got bad, then ended strong. Smallville was good at the time but comparing to today's marvel movies and arrow I just look back at the series and really remember how bad some of the acting was and some of the bad acting really threw me off of liking certain characters. I truly only thought welling and the actor for lex luthor did a good job. I also recently saw the first flash episode for the new tv show and it had pacing problems, like 1 second flash would be talking to someone and the next he would be at starlabs or doing something else. but yeah, DC will never put batman on tv ever. and superman will never be on tv again after the man of steel movie. and to your point about marvel movies, every movie since iron man 1 that marvel has made has been apart of the universe. And there were no shows running alongside any of their movies except agents of shield. But wow man think about all the movies we are getting in the next 2 years, xmen apocalypse, avengers 2, batman v superman, doctor strange, captain america 3, sinister six, fantastic 4, antman, and deadpool all in the next 2 years boy is it an awesome time to be alive.
Yeah dude i hear ya early on welling was maturing but got better with time, aos imo got renewed sue to marvel plate know what i mean? Otherwise i think its an average show especially when you compare it to arrow, smallville etc know what i mean?

Oh on the mu continuity gig well almost all, spiderman films, dd, electra, gr, ff and xmen have different universe continuity but yes tons of awesome films from both coming indeed.