What's new

Is the J.L.A.to appear in future Arrow Episode? Tom Welling to return as Superman for TV?

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Seems like internet website Screen Rant has picked up some news that Arrow TV show fans may be in for a big surprise in the coming episodes for the show.

It seems that the Justilce leauge may just make an apperence on the TV show Arrow...this is pretty big news not just for arrow fans but DC fans a like outsde of the Dirrect to DVD animated Feature films (which are pretty amazing in there own right).

Producer Marc Guggenheim hintted at a group of heroes that might just have to come together to stop a threat..DC has many groups of heros as we know..but the quote as followed does seem to hint at team memnbers we might have seen on TV in other DC shows (cough, cough, Smallville) before:

The purpose is something we’re still working out, but as for who? Well (smiles) you’ll find out, but let’s just say that some of them you’ve never seen on TV before – and others you have, but maybe just not for a while.

Screen Rant also reports that website Deadline and stated that actor Tom Welling (of Smallville fame playing the role of superman) is also in talks with Warner Brothers to work on a new project...in front and behind the camera.....

So what do you guy think about the news that we might see the JLA on the small screen before their big screen debut? And how do you guys feel about Willing possibly coming back to play Superman?

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Batman will never be on TV
as for the rest i doubt it but i guess its possible, link to article?
i was gonna ask if this was an april fools joke but it is the 2nd lol

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I want to play Aquaman. I doubt theyd bring Superman in as hes already in his own movie... and they might want to tie in their shows to the movies?

Which makes me interested in what the Flash is going to be about, if they'd have him in the movies... I hope so.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I agree Batman will never be shown on tv (hell even in that Gotham series coming up there will only be a child Bruce Wayne), plus the Arrow universe doesn't have superpowers, hell Canary's cry is just some sonic disruptor. I don't want to see the JLA on the small screen especially on Arrow, maybe when the Flash series comes out, more meta humans can be introduced.

i personally think Tom Welling could save the otherwise declining Superman franchise, after the less all round immpressive Man of Steel, dont get me wrong; Man of Steel was good action flick that for action and action alone you would have to give it 10/10, however as a Superman movie though, under any of the set levels of what to possibly expect, 100% NO!! the acting was piss poor, it lacked character, emotion, and more so atmosphere!!! even Russell Crowe embarrasing!!! weather he actually even wanted to play the part ''truly'' remains a mystery but he could've at least put some credable effort into it ..LOL, which even alot of the animations are hot on!! ''ANIMATIONS'' and Henry Cavil is by all means a good if not okay domestic actor, buy Hollywood worthy? to play such iconic character!!!? im sorry but he hasn't the skills to convice an audience!! he didn't in immortals, and was embarrasing in Man of Steel!!!! as theres alot more to having just a ripped physique to play the Man of Steel, i really think they need to reinstate Tom Welling with the role ''WHY'' well simply because to date; he always expressed passion and emotion, and depth playing the young Clark Kent and at the end, eventual Superman....before Superman/Batman is released and sends the franchise crashing to its joke worthy end!!!!! theres very little if any hope for the sequel!!! and to be honest ive never been Smallville fan!! but again seeing Tom Welling in just a couple of episodes is more than easy enough to establish his aura with the character, and in my estimation ''made for the part'' as Chris Reeves was before him.....unless of course they want to flush the Superman franchise down the toilet...let them continue doing what their doing!!! thats why the guys at DC need to grow balls and stick with what brings them success!! not change something that dosen't need changing....so yeah 100% Welling can smash Arrow as cameo!!

Last edited:

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Damn I remember Tom got Jealous at Henry Cavill b/c he starred in The Man of Steel...smh its a new generation, he should ge over it.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I surprised at how much I enjoy Arrow.

it has a few cheesy moments but overall the story surpasses that weakness. I'd enjoy seeing how they bring JL into this as long as the directing stays the same.

Tom Welling's 37 i think!!! and he seemed to look good in Parkland recently, and without working out!! fundemetally he's big guy!! so i dont think he'd have to accomplish the work Cavil did building up!!! and jealous? of Cavil??? dunno about that as Welling from what ive read played the Superman character longer than anybody else!!! so i think on those line he's possibly set the new level,...and based on him wanting to play Superman in major movie i saw this!!!!

Error

DF2+R2
Tom Welling's 37 i think!!! and he seemed to look good in Parkland recently, and without working out!! fundemetally he's big guy!! so i dont think he'd have to accomplish the work Cavil did building up!!! and jealous? of Cavil??? dunno about that as Welling from what ive read played the Superman character longer than anybody else!!! so i think on those line he's possibly set the new level,...and based on him wanting to play Superman in major movie i saw this!!!!
He's actually playing Captain Atom and not Superman now.

Klesk_1

RIP Grundy
i personally think Tom Welling could save the otherwise declining Superman franchise, after the less all round immpressive Man of Steel, dont get me wrong; Man of Steel was good action flick that for action and action alone you would have to give it 10/10, however as a Superman movie though, under any of the set levels of what to possibly expect, 100% NO!! the acting was piss poor, it lacked character, emotion, and more so atmosphere!!! even Russell Crowe embarrasing!!! weather he actually even wanted to play the part ''truly'' remains a mystery but he could've at least put some credable effort into it ..LOL, which even alot of the animations are hot on!! ''ANIMATIONS'' and Henry Cavil is by all means a good if not okay domestic actor, buy Hollywood worthy? to play such iconic character!!!? im sorry but he hasn't the skills to convice an audience!! he didn't in immortals, and was embarrasing in Man of Steel!!!! as theres alot more to having just a ripped physique to play the Man of Steel, i really think they need to reinstate Tom Welling with the role ''WHY'' well simply because to date; he always expressed passion and emotion, and depth playing the young Clark Kent and at the end, eventual Superman....before Superman/Batman is released and sends the franchise crashing to its joke worthy end!!!!! theres very little if any hope for the sequel!!! and to be honest ive never been Smallville fan!! but again seeing Tom Welling in just a couple of episodes is more than easy enough to establish his aura with the character, and in my estimation ''made for the part'' as Chris Reeves was before him.....unless of course they want to flush the Superman franchise down the toilet...let them continue doing what their doing!!! thats why the guys at DC need to grow balls and stick with what brings them success!! not change something that dosen't need changing....so yeah 100% Welling can smash Arrow as cameo!!
Literally every point in your post, i disagree with.

Man of Steel was an absolutely brilliant retake on the idea of Superman. Ruseel Crowe in battle armour was totally badass. If you think Superman and Batman will kill the franchise, you're wrong and come one years time, the numbers will speak for themselves. If i reemeber your post, i'll be sure to comment on it then.

Tom Welling and Smallville in general was absolutely atrocious on every level. Arrow might get tom welling but really doesn't need it. they've been doing fine on their own.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Eh I doubt they'll bring back anyone from Smallville as who they were playing into Arrow, because Smallville had it's own Green Arrow and the whole thing would be a continuity cock-up and bitchfest among fans. I think the hint must be referring to someone/something else.

They'll never let Batman appear because they're super protective over the rights, so it'll be Arrow & Flash, I get the feeling someone like Nightwing is a possibility because it's been rumoured before, he's younger and fits a bit better and there is less of an issue overall. It's weird but I just can't see them using any character who is coming up in BvS

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989

Man of Steel was an absolutely brilliant retake on the idea of Superman. Ruseel Crowe in battle armour was totally badass. If you think Superman and Batman will kill the franchise, you're wrong and come one years time, the numbers will speak for themselves. If i reemeber your post, i'll be sure to comment on it then.

Tom Welling and Smallville in general was absolutely atrocious on every level. Arrow might get tom welling but really doesn't need it. they've been doing fine on their own.
I don't respect his post at all. I'm usually not one to disregard someones opinion, but dog... Really??? We get it man. You didn't like the movie. Move on. When the next one comes out don't pay your hard earned money to watch it. It's that simple.

It's strange simply because you firstly can't be true Superman fan, this is made clear by how and what you say!! and secondly if you were then you'd appriciate the statistics of the franchise!!! Smallville was voted the greatest Super-hero series ''ever'' fact!! also if the majority thought as you did and shared your opinion, then Smallville could'nt and wouldn't have lasted 10 years, the longest running Superman show ever!!! and that was based on 85% of the Superman fanbase, unlike Man of Steel which 65% of the fanbase hated!!! and the minority together with movie lovers carried, Henry Cavill can't act!!!! thats just fact, if you have eyes in your head and the sense to use them then you'll know this, comparably to what we've seen prior, his acting is poor, you only need look at his pevious work to know that, his physical attribute had to be substancial based on his obvious lack in height!!! either way as a Superman fan from the early 1930s animations to young justice!! Man of Stell was SHITE!!!! action was good, very good, but it lacked the Superman atmosphere, and however if you feel the neccessity to change and institute the fundementals of a character which has lasted 75 years then you 100% not true Superman fan, first and foremost Superman is not Batman!!! or Deathstroke or Cyborg, he's Superman, he's the iconic hero all other hero's aspire to be like, in which case he dosen't and shouldn't feel the need to steal, or for that matter murder the bad guy, of course unless he's not Superman and in which case WTF is the movie even about or even based apon!!! so as true Superman fan this is why for many reasons which 85% of the Superman union fanbase agree that Smallville pissed on Man of Steel, because it represented the tradition that we ''all'' know and love so well , but at the same time they complimented it, with their own unique twist, which strengthened the very foundations he represents, TRUTH, JUSTICE, AND THE AMERICAN WAY!! which didn't contradict the character, or make him any lesser of a hero than he deserves as they did in Man of Steel, and Tom Welling under any circumstance has every attribute to play Superman that Henry Cavill hasn't, and together with 85% on the cannon fanbase we'd love to see Tom Welling as Superman!!!! their was more credible emotion and true Superman feel in one episode of Smallville than there was in that whole Man of Steel movie!!! it was complete cardboard!!! Superman's not robot he's alien, but at the same time from what he learned growing up in Smallville emotionally made him more human than anyone ....that's what the Chris Reeve movies expressed, thats what Smallville elaborated on and Smashed!!!!! and thats what Man of Steel failed on big scale to do!!!! it could've been Captain Marvel movie in that respect and maybe should have been!!! but all in all the action was good!! and it's sequal will seal the fate of Superman and quite possibly the Batman franchise!!! i think there massive conspiracy anyways!!! because DC wont sell, so their destroying it from within, by making SHIT!!!!

the sequel to Man of Steel will go down as one of thee if not the greatest super-hero flop of all time!!! and you can forsee this based on everything their trying to cramm into one movie LOL,

Last edited:

The Great One

"I Always d1 Lif-" SHUT UP
It's strange simply because you firstly can't be true Superman fan, this is made clear by how and what you say!! and secondly if you were then you'd appriciate the statistics of the franchise!!! Smallville was voted the greatest Super-hero series ''ever'' fact!! also if the majority thought as you did and shared your opinion, then Smallville could'nt and wouldn't have lasted 10 years, the longest running Superman show ever!!! and that was based on 85% of the Superman fanbase, unlike Man of Steel which 65% of the fanbase hated!!! and the minority together with movie lovers carried, Henry Cavill can't act!!!! thats just fact, if you have eyes in your head and the sense to use them then you'll know this, comparably to what we've seen prior, his acting is poor, you only need look at his pevious work to know that, his physical attribute had to be substancial based on his obvious lack in height!!! either way as a Superman fan from the early 1930s animations to young justice!! Man of Stell was SHITE!!!! action was good, very good, but it lacked the Superman atmosphere, and however if you feel the neccessity to change and institute the fundementals of a character which has lasted 75 years then you 100% not true Superman fan, first and foremost Superman is not Batman!!! or Deathstroke or Cyborg, he's Superman, he's the iconic hero all other hero's aspire to be like, in which case he dosen't and shouldn't feel the need to steal, or for that matter murder the bad guy, of course unless he's not Superman and in which case WTF is the movie even about or even based apon!!! so as true Superman fan this is why for many reasons which 85% of the Superman union fanbase agree that Smallville pissed on Man of Steel, because it represented the tradition that we ''all'' know and love so well , but at the same time they complimented it, with their own unique twist, which strengthened the very foundations he represents, TRUTH, JUSTICE, AND THE AMERICAN WAY!! which didn't contradict the character, or make him any lesser of a hero than he deserves as they did in Man of Steel, and Tom Welling under any circumstance has every attribute to play Superman that Henry Cavill hasn't, and together with 85% on the cannon fanbase we'd love to see Tom Welling as Superman!!!! their was more credible emotion and true Superman feel in one episode of Smallville than there was in that whole Man of Steel movie!!! it was complete cardboard!!! Superman's not robot he's alien, but at the same time from what he learned growing up in Smallville emotionally made him more human than anyone ....that's what the Chris Reeve movies expressed, thats what Smallville elaborated on and Smashed!!!!! and thats what Man of Steel failed on big scale to do!!!! it could've been Captain Marvel movie in that respect and maybe should have been!!! but all in all the action was good!! and it's sequal will seal the fate of Superman and quite possibly the Batman franchise!!! i think there massive conspiracy anyways!!! because DC wont sell, so their destroying it from within, by making SHIT!!!!

the sequel to Man of Stell will go down as one of thee if not the greatest super-hero flop of all time!!! and you can forsee this based on everything their trying to cramm into one movie LOL,
Too long didn't read

gamesun

Noob
This would actually be awesome imo and it would probably be better than the shot film known as Man of Steel and it's sequel.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I hope Welling does don the Superman similar to the current Smallville comic outfit at some point on Flash, Arrow whatever :)