What's new

Question - Takeda Is Takeda a low tier hero?

Ummm, well over all he has a lot of trouble against people who can do one of two things, out zone him, or keep the pressure on very very well, once again my knowledge is lasher specific, but I think that Scorpion can get his number really well by staying out of b2 range and extelecombo punishing. So if you had trouble against lasher the problem was just lack of my knowledge. I'm sure there is way more like of course kung lao and quan chi, but when I get home I'm going to lab out and play a lot of matches and let you know my opinion on lashers bad mus.
Aight cool
I gave him more trouble with Erron Black and Kitana than Scorpion tho... I guess I need to work on my Scorp lol

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Aight cool
I gave him more trouble with Erron Black and Kitana than Scorpion tho... I guess I need to work on my Scorp lol
Nah it was probably just MU inexperience since you likely didn't know about how long his recovery is and to bait out b2, but erron and Kitana both are since pretty tough mus for lasher I think

Dust

Iron Dragon
I think Lasher is better then what other people are giving him credit for. It has the best armor out of all 3 variations, it has true mix ups with whip trip, it has those air normals that make jumping back really strong putting Lasher where he wants to be on the screen. Okay corner damage and good anti air. His biggest weakness is characters that can out zone with multi hitting projectiles. Armored Tornado kick works against a few zoners and so does jumping f1. Takeda as whole is a tad bit slow up close but I find his 8f uppercut places the opponent in a great spot to start lasher oki pressure. I enjoy his throw for the same oki pressure.

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
Why does everyone over look lasher like an unwanted love child?)
But yes he is useful
I think Lasher has the least utility out of his three variations. He probably has the best armor moves though and the jump attacks are helpful, he is also fairly unsafe as well (but shirai ryu is as well).

Compared to SR, I think he lacks the damage SR has and mobility as well. And ronin has the pressure lasher doesn't either. Not that lasher is bad, just lacking compared to the other two imo.

MrProfDrPepper

I think Lasher has the least utility out of his three variations. He probably has the best armor moves though and the jump attacks are helpful, he is also fairly unsafe as well (but shirai ryu is as well).

Compared to SR, I think he lacks the damage SR has and mobility as well. And ronin has the pressure lasher doesn't either. Not that lasher is bad, just lacking compared to the other two imo.
Lacks damage? Unsafe? HAHAHA you sir don't know how to play lasher, lasher is all about space control in keeping your in a space where I can hit my 50/50s and nobody (except reptile) can punish me.

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
To me he doesn't really have 50/50. Offline you can block everything on reaction. Online it's true 50/50.
Just like Cryomancer.
f1 2 2+4~EX Blade Call mix up isn't that easy to react to. But yeah, Ronin's 50/50 game is bad compared to the best variations of the cast.

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
Lacks damage? Unsafe? HAHAHA you sir don't know how to play lasher, lasher is all about space control in keeping your in a space where I can hit my 50/50s and nobody (except reptile) can punish me.
First off, thanks for coming off as a condescending asshole. I clearly stated that's what I thought and not completely sure of. I realize its space control, but I was also basing it off the fact I was punishing you online when i was playing in a koth with you last week. And in terms of damage, im curious to how much you can get? I labbed him for a week after the patch and could barely get past 30 in the corner.

MrProfDrPepper

First off, thanks for coming off as a condescending asshole. I clearly stated that's what I thought and not completely sure of. I realize its space control, but I was also basing it off the fact I was punishing you online when i was playing in a koth with you last week. And in terms of damage, im curious to how much you can get? I labbed him for a week after the patch and could barely get past 30 in the corner.
my bad im in a bad mood right now, long ass day, phone just got demolished. but he isnt very punishable, everytime you punished me was purely my fault and my fault alone, and in the corner you can get up to the low 40's and mid screen you can get into the high 30's

Kinetic Balding1

Day 1 Phenomenal Cyborg
Lasher can get 40-50% in the corner practical off his low and overheads and other strings.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Lasher falls in last place due to the fact that he doesn't have safe pressure without losing damage. Which is where SR excels.

IMO if lasher could fully and easily convert from ex kunai, it'd be a lot better. That ONE flaw is what holds him back from being great.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
I need more experience, but at the moment Ronin looks extremely strong, borderline broken to me.

I don't think any character should have that kind of pressure without using stamina or meter, expecially one with safe 50-50, enormous range, insane damage, good counterzoning, etc..

MrProfDrPepper

Lasher falls in last place due to the fact that he doesn't have safe pressure without losing damage. Which is where SR excels.

IMO if lasher could fully and easily convert from ex kunai, it'd be a lot better. That ONE flaw is what holds him back from being great.
im able to get into the high 20's off of raw ex kunai, but even then, lasher isnt about pressure, yeah he can do that but IMO lasher is about space control, keeping your opponent at bay withing b2 range but not close enough to where they can punish your 50/50s, controlling air space with B2, F1 2+4, or df1, D2, all that good stuff, ronin has pressure, and counter zoning, shirai has pressure, mobility, and damn good damage, lasher has space control, and armor, and some decent damage if you would rather go for it rather than positioning.
by the way I think it falls last place as well but just for different reasons

Last edited: