What's new

Move List - Kotal Kahn Is Kotal Khan too unsafe?

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
Kotal is solid as fuck imo. Of course has a few unsafe things but much safer overall than many characters
Saying, that Kotal solid - u dont play kotal or dont play with good players, when ALL ur gapping string is penetrated by armor.
That is not all - between string and low/OH sword enemy can use poke and even UPPERCUT.
And damage, that u give, if enemy eat ur mixup - 10%. And u can be fullpunished by full combo from armor in ur gaps or from reversal (Jax in OP's video). That is 30-40%.
That is hi risk (full punish combo 30-40%), low reward (10%).

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
@Sly Guy. Hey how you doing bro? Here's tips for you:

1. Don't commit to a full blockstring when pressuring( leave gaps for reversal, tick throw, etc)

2. Know when to stop your offense( sometimes going ham is not always the best solution)

3. Play neutral more. ( KK pressure game is top notch, but his neutral game is even better)

Hope this helps you on your way to being a better Kotal Kahn player.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
No, he's plenty safe enough as it is. The only way I can see this argument working is if we're talking about Blood God, and even then it's debatable.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
These strings are much more noticeable against top/high tiers like Lao, Cassie, Tremor and Shinnok who can punish for big damage or vortex.

Buiu

Woot
Kotal is a very good toon, but i agree. Rlly good players exploit the drawbacks extremely well. On a high level play, kk player need outsmart hard toons like cassie shinok kl etc. the risk/reward is not on kk side . Kotal will never win a major :(:(:(. But he is solid and viable, the best buttons in the game (d4,d1,b1,f12,f2). Like the friend said above, dont go ham unleashing blockstrings, play more the neutral and use the full strings wisely. Never be predictable

Skedar70

Noob
Whomever supports the OP is seriously an S+ tier scrub. Too unsafe? GTFO. You should try other characters to really see what unsafe is.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Please don't make these please buff threads for Kotal Kahn, especially if you don't know what would help him. He already has a few safe strings and no one gets more than that. He has a few tough matchups that can only be helped by knowledge of the characters (meaning frame data). If you were going for a slick (or sly - see what I did there?) please buff thread, at least ask for something anti-zoning - since that's all he would need to be S tier.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Please don't make these please buff threads for Kotal Kahn, especially if you don't know what would help him. He already has a few safe strings and no one gets more than that. He has a few tough matchups that can only be helped by knowledge of the characters (meaning frame data). If you were going for a slick (or sly - see what I did there?) please buff thread, at least ask for something anti-zoning - since that's all he would need to be S tier.
Parries offer kotal tons of meter fullscreen, sun ray and ex pizza since parry gives free meter and gives him a damage buff,he heals himself during sun ray, and can ex pizza since he builds soooooo much meter while sitting fullscreen.

Now if you're playing blood god....Welp, even better!His obsidian totem makes the opponent want to get in on him instead of giving him free meter and free health too.Imo kotal has pretty good tools to take down zoning.
Except for against characters with really good zoning he can't do shit against.

Reactions: GAV

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
He's a great character, with a couple weaknesses. If B122 and B14 were both safe on block and could both cancel into swords without being interrupted, he might be too much.

Sun God and War God are awesome how they are, Blood God does need some help though
Even though I main him I almost don't want them to touch Blood God because I'm certain they'd fuck up and make it OP, and I couldn't be too mad because that's a hard variation to balance perfectly since it has get-fucked damage and great defensive tools.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
Hold up lkotall pressure LACKING? Kotalkahn has the best stagger in the game a plus 4 String has the best normals in the game an amazing jump, the best forward walks speed,mixups,damage.etc

Mrfinesse28

Your Sacrifice Honors Me!
Cause ppl spam those hqt lasers on kotal to death nrs need to fix that and in blood God 212 shouldn't have a gap

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Even though I main him I almost don't want them to touch Blood God because I'm certain they'd fuck up and make it OP, and I couldn't be too mad because that's a hard variation to balance perfectly since it has get-fucked damage and great defensive tools.
Yeah to be honest as a Blood God player myself, I agree he is about low-mid tier right now. But with that being said, one single simple buff can easily shoot him up to top tier and make him overpowered. It's kind of hard to think of a fair buff for him to just shoot him up to upper-mid tier or something.

Maybe make an EX totem summon, where you have one hit of armor while summoning the totem? The armor goes away the instant he's done with the animation of summoning the totem. So you can EX totem to eat a projectile or something. And also have slightly better wakeup but it would still be easy to break that armor because he doesn't do an attack with it