What's new

is injustice the best (2d) fighting game out this generation?

Dandy J

i can see all the amine
As someone who plays a lot of kof, kof13 has the significant flaw of having 75%-100% combos every single match. With some tweaks to the mechanics of the game, I think objectively I'd consider igau to be superior to kof13.

No, too many inconsistent issues.

a) for example, GA from the same distance once out of ten times his jump in crosses, follow up: forward+2.
b) Catwoman´s jump in from certain distances, blocked non cross up and she lands cross up...true mixup.
c) Rushdown chars with viable AA? You´re forced to throw them out on prediction, down+2 needs invul-frames against air attacks, now the game is jumpy and hectic.
d) Batman´s trait is broken (for me), call bats, do something which is unsafe,release bats and counterpunish the punish attempt.
e) set up the AI on random reversal,sweep and mash down+1, never seen a reversal which is beaten by normals.
f) hitconfirms? use a rushdowner and hitconfirm a string into a special without a jump in.
and so on

What good is a possibly existing depth of the game, when the fundamentals are completely stupid? It´s fun to play but I can´t take this game serious.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM

a) for example, GA from the same distance once out of ten times his jump in crosses, follow up: forward+2.
b) Catwoman´s jump in from certain distances, blocked non cross up and she lands cross up...true mixup.
c) Rushdown chars with viable AA? You´re forced to throw them out on prediction, down+2 needs invul-frames against air attacks, now the game is jumpy and hectic.
d) Batman´s trait is broken (for me), call bats, do something which is unsafe,release bats and counterpunish the punish attempt.
e) set up the AI on random reversal,sweep and mash down+1, never seen a reversal which is beaten by normals.
f) hitconfirms? use a rushdowner and hitconfirm a string into a special without a jump in.
and so on

What good is a possibly existing depth of the game, when the fundamentals are completely stupid? It´s fun to play but I can´t take this game serious.
Those are all issues with you lol

Id say it is the best of the current gen (LOL at sf4)

Once we learn the game it most likely will be

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
IMO, yep it is .... I like very much NRS and they are doing a very good job in the fighting game department ..... first MK9 and now, IGAU, their second project since the studio was born, so, IGAU is the best fighting game so far, by now, currently. I put IGAU in the fist place spot. :D

PwnStar

Noob
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...IGAU and MK9 are fun, but
sometimes i feel like it is.

CLARIFICATION: im talking about the games that are played right now, not of all time

there are some reasons.
- it includes some of the best mechanics from different games and mixes them together (huge juggles, crossups, meter mechanics... you know whats in the game).
- the amount of playstyle options is overwhelming and doesnt even let me dream how this game is gonna be played in 2 years.
- precision- and hitbox-wise detailed and realistic character models poop on cartoon characters (just my opinion).
- its hype, and interactibles are hype.
- every character is REALLY unique
...is all VERY VERY VERY arguable.

- It has some neat mechanics but I can think of games that have better and cooler mechanics. IGAU and MK9 are a little lack luster in this department when you look at BB, UMvC3, KOF, etc...
- I would say this is a big no. To be honest I feel character options and play styles are VERY limited. The game has a limited cancel system, few strings, most tools are forced into specific use (EX: this attack is only part of combos). This game will cap out on its tech very quick.
- These are good for normals...though a few of the projectiles *cough*raven*cough* are questionable.
- it can be, although getting through zoning is a bit more tedious than hype
- Characters are a bit unique but games like BB, UMvC3, KOF do a much better job of creating unique playstyles. IGAU still kind of picks a few types of moves and slightly modifies them across the cast, and only a few traits are really interesting in their own right.

Not to say these statements aren't true in their own right in some cases...just when we're talking about the best 2d fighter? No, other games have done all these better at some point. NRS is catching up to the scene, it is not a trend setter yet.

RYX

BIG PUSHER

and so on

a) you can back dash out of any jump in and you're good with most of the cast.
b) see A
c) Bane, Flash, and Doomsday all have pretty decent AAs.
d) Or, you could just block the follow-up after Bats and then punish that...
e) A lot of special moves are pretty fucking slow. Try this on a player who will hit you with a mid while you're crouching.
f) Bane does this shit all day. I don't even use Doomsday and I can hit-confirm his strings into specials.

a) you can back dash out of any jump in and you're good with most of the cast.
b) see A
c) Bane, Flash, and Doomsday all have pretty decent AAs.
d) Or, you could just block the follow-up after Bats and then punish that...
e) A lot of special moves are pretty fucking slow. Try this on a player who will hit you with a mid while you're crouching.
f) Bane does this shit all day. I don't even use Doomsday and I can hit-confirm his strings into specials.
a) I knew that you can backdash, but a backdash doesn´t prevent you from random jumps. I main GA, and when a jump in sometimes crosses and sometimes not and your follow up is FORWARD+2 it´s a lil bit wonky.
b) inconsistent hitboxes again and 2 or 3 backdashes and you´re cornered, nice idea
c)Nightwing, GA, Harley....Flash´s trades to much, real AA doesn´t trade.
d)that means pressure for free, nice idea
e) d+1 is faster then every mid/overhead, you know what a poking game is?
f) Bane,Doomsday, nice...haven´t played them. Pick up Catwoman or Nightwing, hitconfirm his d+12

btw, it wasn´t my intention to start a fanboy war, and no, i´m not a capcom fanboy

RYX

BIG PUSHER
a) I knew that you can backdash, but a backdash doesn´t prevent you from random jumps. I main GA, and when a jump in sometimes crosses and sometimes not and your follow up is FORWARD+2 it´s a lil bit wonky.
b) inconsistent hitboxes again
c)Nightwing, GA, Harley....Flash´s trades to much, real AA doesn´t trade.
d)that means pressure for free, nice idea
e) d+1 is faster then every mid/overhead, you know what a poking game is?
f) Bane,Doomsday, nice...haven´t played them. Pick up Catwoman or Nightwing, hitconfirm his d+12
a) then do something else if it's too hard for you.
c) a 6 frame AA doesn't trade unless you're fucking up.
d) oh my god one more blockstring, how broken right?
e) Do you know what frame data is? Sweeps are full combo punishable.
f) k.

yes, sweeps are fullcombo punishable but I can´t see the context to d+1. I only do the sweep against the AI to cause a reversal attack. D+1 is the fastest or the 2nd fastest normal of every char and it beats reversals. If you don´t understand what a reversal is, then the discussion is over.

I don´t play Flash, do you mean his jab or a special? I don´t understand the hate, what is the problem to give every char a valid AA. Maybe Flash´s work but Nightwing´s or Harley´s are shit. An AA shouldn´t be frame or hitbox based. A fighting game is designed for punishing every shit the opponent does even jump ins. Sorry i´ve played SF4 and SFxT for round about 2 years and when you jump in this games, you eat 30%-50% damage even on low level.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
How can we tell yet? The meta is barely starting. I will say that its a damned hype game to see on stream. Its already far more exciting to watch IMO than SFxTekken managed in its life. However, best is a relative term. Their are plenty of hype to watch fighters. Currently my vote still goes to KoF XIII for the best 2d till the meta evolves on Injustice enough for me to make any sort of real opinion on it.

D

Deleted member 9158

Injustice is definitely good and a lot of fun to play, but there's no way it'll top SSF4. That game is boss. (even though I suck at it)

Amadeous

Noob
No, although this game is very good.

The best modern 2D fighter is Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend, a very underrated gem here in the States. The fundamentals are amazing and top notch. It also requires the most practice to play right so it is the most satisfying.

Also think it's the most entertaining to watch and has the best balance out of modern fighters.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
can you clarify your point of view, please.

The best SF4 and SFxT players don´t play NRS games for reasons
I've seen a number of SF4 and SFxT players just play those games and nothing else.

1. Mortal Kombat (2011)
2. Injustice could be number 1 if there are unlockable Characters and Secret Fights
3. Street Fighter version whatever there on

cyke_out

Noob
yes, sweeps are fullcombo punishable but I can´t see the context to d+1. I only do the sweep against the AI to cause a reversal attack. D+1 is the fastest or the 2nd fastest normal of every char and it beats reversals. If you don´t understand what a reversal is, then the discussion is over.

I don´t play Flash, do you mean his jab or a special? I don´t understand the hate, what is the problem to give every char a valid AA. Maybe Flash´s work but Nightwing´s or Harley´s are shit. An AA shouldn´t be frame or hitbox based. A fighting game is designed for punishing every shit the opponent does even jump ins. Sorry i´ve played SF4 and SFxT for round about 2 years and when you jump in this games, you eat 30%-50% damage even on low level.

Do you not know what meaty attacks are? several games make wake up reversals not entirely free. With the right set-up and the right reads, you can make your opponent fear waking up. And try to cycle through all the opponents wake up options, not every attack has the same invincible frames on wakeup.

Also, I think you have some rose colored glasses on. Not every character in SF4 and SFxTK have reliable anti-airs, look at Bison in any version.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
I still like Persona more of the current fighting games. Injustice is good though, I'd put it even with SF4 or slightly higher. Don't play Marvel or KOF so I can't compare to that.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
Best 2d/2.5d of the last few years? Hells no... but I think this game is one of the more accessible titles of the last few years.

Top to bottom best to worst 2d/2.5d of the last few years IMHO:
SF4
UMVC3
KOF13
SFxT
P4A
Injustice
MK9