What's new

is injustice the best (2d) fighting game out this generation?

sometimes i feel like it is.

CLARIFICATION: im talking about the games that are played right now, not of all time

there are some reasons.
- it includes some of the best mechanics from different games and mixes them together (huge juggles, crossups, meter mechanics... you know whats in the game).
- the amount of playstyle options is overwhelming and doesnt even let me dream how this game is gonna be played in 2 years.
- precision- and hitbox-wise detailed and realistic character models poop on cartoon characters (just my opinion).
- its hype, and interactibles are hype.
- every character is REALLY unique
- and probably more

if there is or will be good balance, the only thing that can stop this game is ingnorance (like not being at evo...), dont let that happen.

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
Best 2D fighting game of all time is a bit of a stretch. For me personally it would be a toss up between Super Street Fighter 2, Street Fighter Alpha, and Mortal Kombat 2.

Seriously though, why are we asking this question week 2?
just because. sometimes i have these moments where i feel the potential for it to be the no. 1. just gameplay-wise., even though the capcom community seems to powerful to kick sf and marvel from the throne.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
He said not of all time.. Said the ones in the FGC at this time.
That was an edit. He didn't have that written down before...
Right now... in terms of balance probably Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
In terms of popularity? Maybe Street Fighter 4.
I need more time before I make a verdict on Injustice.
However, MK9 is still relevant. So that is currently my favorite fighting game.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
just because. sometimes i have these moments where i feel the potential for it to be the no. 1. just gameplay-wise., even though the capcom community seems to powerful to kick sf and marvel from the throne.
I definitely agree about the game's potential. I love it so far.

No. Im not saying no because I don't believe it is. Im saying no because it's subjective. Everyone can't agree on any game being the best. There are a lot of people who thinks MK/Injustice is the shit. On the other hand, there are a lot of people who believe that those games are shit. Same thing could go for the rest of the fighters or any game period. It's a mater of preferences and we all know that preferences varies from one individual to the next one. So to ask a group of people what's best is absurd.

Komatose

The Prettiest
I don't know. SFxT and UMvC3 are very hype games imo. Even though I seriously do like Injustice, those two come first hype-wise. But gameplay? Yeah. Definitely one of the best, if you ask me.