What's new

is injustice the best (2d) fighting game out this generation?

No, too many inconsistent issues.

a) for example, GA from the same distance once out of ten times his jump in crosses, follow up: forward+2.
b) Catwoman´s jump in from certain distances, blocked non cross up and she lands cross up...true mixup.
c) Rushdown chars with viable AA? You´re forced to throw them out on prediction, down+2 needs invul-frames against air attacks, now the game is jumpy and hectic.
d) Batman´s trait is broken (for me), call bats, do something which is unsafe,release bats and counterpunish the punish attempt.
e) set up the AI on random reversal,sweep and mash down+1, never seen a reversal which is beaten by normals.
f) hitconfirms? use a rushdowner and hitconfirm a string into a special without a jump in.
and so on

What good is a possibly existing depth of the game, when the fundamentals are completely stupid? It´s fun to play but I can´t take this game serious.
a) ive tested it, and its not true. there are probably pixels difference in your distance or you press attack at slightly different points of the jump.
b) so you get the frontal block animation and the she stands behind you? clarify plz.
c) there are good balancing reasons that some chars have better and some have worse anti-airs. why would a character with a great offense also have a godlike d2? anyway, every anti-air can punish jump-ins on reaction without trading, maybe except some j3s (lex), you just need to push it as soon as the opponent leaves the ground. its just harder with some and thats good.
d) its powerful, yeah, but broken? i dont think so. he doesnt always have bats.
e) reversal does not mean invulnerability or auto-frame advantage, it just means there is no gap between the end of the blockstun and the start of the move.
f) thats a matter of taste. to me being able to hitconfirm after a jump-in seems a bit cheap and i prefer this version.

its not that i have no concerns about this game, (like a crossup right on top of the opponent results in automatic optical position correction which looks like glitching over him, weird corner mechanics, certain attacks going through each other like catwomans b3 vs some wakeups), but i think all of your your points are either discussable or not valid at all.

a) Ice arrow, b+3 j2 223 Ice Arrow load, jump. This cross up isn´t the problem, but your comitted to your follow up and this is forward+2.
b) yes, what should I clarify. Sometimes it happens and sometimes not.
c) Aquaman? "why would a character with a great offense also have a godlike d2?" why not?
d) just my opinion
e) reversal does not mean invulnerability? My understanding of a reversal is to prevent yourself from pressure and if the reversal is blocked by a read you´re unsafe as hell.
f) it´s interuptable by reversals with invul frames, you have to make a read.

@ the M. Bison guy. s.HK and a reversal which is safe on block

You asked for opinions about the game and I have called a couple of points that I don´t like. I haven´t said that I have big problems to get in the game. It's fun but for me it´s not the holy grail of fighting games. The most important point for me about the game is the netcode. Other Games (TTT2,SCV,SFxT,SF4) with full bar connection feels like offline. Input delayed netcodes aren´t state of the art

EDIT:

if that was intended?

cyke_out

Noob
Bison s.HK is trash for anti-air in SFxTK, it trades more than anything and unlike the entirety of the Tekken cast, he doesn't get full combos off of an anti-air.

Reversal's doesn't mean free. it might in some games, but not in others.

I also don't know what the point of posting that OS video? I assume it's to paint the game in a negative light. You do know Option selects have been around a long time. this is no different than SF4 crouch throw tech OS

You are just listing things you like about SF4- which is the worst SF game in my opinion-and since injustice doesn't have some of those features you think it is lacking you find it inferior. Injustice is it's own game with it's own way of doing things, there is no right or wrong answer for mechanics, no bible that must be followed. If there was then every game would be the same. I'm glad that we have different options to play games with wildly different takes on the same genre, complaining that something is different is pointless.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I would play smash melee over IGAU.
I would play smash melee over any fighter released since that, and probably any fighter to be released ever...

Saying that. 2d fighters would have to say that either 3rd strike or umvc3 are the better of the games out now, SF4 is dull to play but awesome to watch, but that doesnt make it better than 3S...

Bison s.HK is trash for anti-air in SFxTK, it trades more than anything and unlike the entirety of the Tekken cast, he doesn't get full combos off of an anti-air.
Since SFxT2013 every Tekken char have AA´s, with the AA buff Law is now toptier. Bison can´t fullcombo off of an AA? How sad for the best launcher char among the cast

Reversal's doesn't mean free. it might in some games, but not in others.
Reversals in my opinion are for interrupting blockstrings. In IGAU a reversals is like a punish for unsafe moves which are out of range for any normal.

I also don't know what the point of posting that OS video? I assume it's to paint the game in a negative light. You do know Option selects have been around a long time. this is no different than SF4 crouch throw tech OS

You are just listing things you like about SF4- which is the worst SF game in my opinion-and since injustice doesn't have some of those features you think it is lacking you find it inferior. Injustice is it's own game with it's own way of doing things, there is no right or wrong answer for mechanics, no bible that must be followed. If there was then every game would be the same. I'm glad that we have different options to play games with wildly different takes on the same genre, complaining that something is different is pointless.
It´s my opinion about the game, okay. I respect your point, please also tolerate my. I have not formulated my point of view as a dogma. I hope I have found some AAs (depends on the char) after a blocked jumpin, d1xxspecial of choice. Please calm down, again, it wasn´t my intention to start a fanboy war.

Because of all the bugs and minor irritations, I'd say no. But if you only take into consideration gameplay/character designs then yeah they did a really good job there. It is a very refreshing take on 2D fighters, it's fun and addictive.

zaf

professor
I would play smash melee over any fighter released since that, and probably any fighter to be released ever...

Saying that. 2d fighters would have to say that either 3rd strike or umvc3 are the better of the games out now, SF4 is dull to play but awesome to watch, but that doesnt make it better than 3S...
However, I would play 2 games over melee.

Project M and Smash bros brawl +
Have you heard of either of them ?

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
However, I would play 2 games over melee.

Project M and Smash bros brawl +
Have you heard of either of them ?
Project M is pretty good looking, i have never played NTSC though and all the good shit was in that (i play PAL)

Not heard of brawl+, havent even touched original brawl.

zaf

professor
Project M is pretty good looking, i have never played NTSC though and all the good shit was in that (i play PAL)

Not heard of brawl+, havent even touched original brawl.
Brawl+ is another brawl hack similar to project m.It was so fucking good holy shit, what a good game.
They made l canceling auto, so it always happened.No wavedashing, but you could dash dance.
and some hitstun. So it felt really like what brawl should of felt like. oh yea and everyone was viable

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
No lol.

However I will say this, it is the most fun I have had with a fighting game this gen. The gameplay is very addictive and most of the characters are fun, unique, and pretty well designed.

It is easily the best game NRS has ever made.(as long as we don't count Shaolin Monks).

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Brawl+ is another brawl hack similar to project m.It was so fucking good holy shit, what a good game.
They made l canceling auto, so it always happened.No wavedashing, but you could dash dance.
and some hitstun. So it felt really like what brawl should of felt like. oh yea and everyone was viable
Ive never felt good about playing brawl because of the limited movement options. I hate not being able waveland more than anything, makes getting to the ground so predictable and clunky, even more so when someones camping under a platform that you are falling onto....

Most anoying thing about melee PAL though is playing marth with no dair spikes

Reactions: zaf

Courtney

Burn in my Light
Its a lot of fun better than MK9(but seriously what isn't) its up there in terms of best 2D fighter atm

RoanHen

Noob
Best 2D FG of all time to me is KOF 98 UM, but Injustice is awesome, one of the best of this gen (to me, my personal favorite is KOF 13).