What's new

Input Glitches?

I've been having huge issues with quarter circle motions coming out when I don't want them.
Say I'm blocking low and my opponent jumps over me, I'm holding :qtl then slide my stick :d :qtr to crouch block the other direction. In some instances I want to throw out an attack as well, every time I press a button after changing crouched block directions the game for some odd reason interprets :d:r and I get some random special move instead of just an attack.

---------------- :d:qtr does not equal :d:r ----------------

This issue alone has cost me countless matches.
NRS please do something about the leniency of the inputs.
This is happening to me a lot as well.

For strings that start with forward, when I am crouch blocking and want to enter a forward starting string (ie: Aquaman: f132, Nightwing Eskrima: f213) I keep accidentally getting df1 (Aquaman trident stabs), df2 (Nightwing Kali Rush).

It's annoying and deterring me from wanting to counter-poke with those strings despite that they are some of these characters fastest hitting mids.

Agreed. Input leniency is input leniency. I just find it strange that people are just now starting to complain about.
If you start dropping combos online or your buddies(SF and SFxT player for years) pull of random air grapples in a blockstring and this happens online only, then I have to complain about it. I´m not new to fighting games and in comparison to other games, the executionlevel in NRS is not realy high ( I know, Kabal´s NDC is super hard). In no other FG I have seen 10 minutes 40% BnB´s. I know when my timing is off or if I did a false input. One example. Hold back and do an instant hcf+3 for a slide, now hold back to block a special or something else and perform an instant hcf+3. In the second case, the special doesn´t come out. Green Arrow´s Queens Gambit (F2d13)causes an upward shot (don´t know the exact name) after blocking low.

Are you guys aware of turning on or of negative edge (release check) and alternate control? These are two options you can turn off or on in controller setup. Try alternating those to the opposite of what they're on now.

I have none of these issues and AFAIK no top player has them.

Specials don't "randomly" not come out. Very rarely do you have something truly random occur in highly funded software such as a AAA game title.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
This is not true.

In the Grand Finals yesterday at Project Injustice Reo lost because he attempted to counter-poke with Batmans B113 from crouch and accidentally got an upwards grappling hook.

It happens.

I guess the only thing I can do is put it on SF alt controls.. I really dont like this option for the simple fact that back forward moves are now half circle moves... But at least I can do diagonal down back/forward inputs without special moves coming out...