What's new

Input Glitches?

tazzmission

Banned
the only glitch i notice so far for me is it takes about 5 seconds to get back up after you or the opponent are down on the ground from a huge attack like clashing

Dandy J

i can see all the amine
I made a thread about the jump-in buffer here: www.testyourmight.com/threads/complaining-about-input-buffer-after-blocked-jump-ins.30461/

Also, I discovered that there cant be any extra inputs when canceling strings into specials. For example, lets say you have a 22 string you want to cancel into a special that is df3. If you input 2,2,d,f+3, it comes out. If you input 2,2,2,d/f+3, it does not. No mashing string allowed, at least for the input that you want to cancel. You could still do like 223 xx special with 22223 xx special, as long as you only input the 3 once.

Ok, so after messing around in training for a while to figure out what was giving some people trouble (myself included), I noticed that diagonals don't substitute for directions for alternate controls OFF when cancelling out of normals/strings. So for the :d:l:r 1 command, those exact three directions have to be hit in order when cancelling from a normal. Any diagonal directions can be done in between or after these directions since they aren't considered when cancelling. When a special is done raw, though, diagonals can substitute, so things like :d:qtl:qtr will work.

Also, it may just be me, but there seems to be something strange happening when performing an extra :d, :l, :r, or :u input in between or after the necessary directional inputs for a special cancelled from a string. Whether or not the special will come out seems mostly inconsistent, compared to adding extra diagonal inputs, which doesn't seem to affect the chances of the input working (even for bizarre ones like D,UB,F working for a DF special). Though some inputs seem more consistent than others, so it might just be me being too slow or something (ex: I can rather consistently get :d:l:u:rto work for :d:l:r, but can't consistently get :l:u:r or :l:r:l to work for :l:r though they still work sometimes).

Also, I discovered that there cant be any extra inputs when canceling strings into specials. For example, lets say you have a 22 string you want to cancel into a special that is df3. If you input 2,2,d,f+3, it comes out. If you input 2,2,2,d/f+3, it does not. No mashing string allowed, at least for the input that you want to cancel. You could still do like 223 xx special with 22223 xx special, as long as you only input the 3 once.
Thanks! :) This definitely sounds like it might have been the main issue I was having when doing ji2 22 with Shazam. I think I felt like mashing was the only way to deal with the odd jump-in buffering, so I often couldn't get the grab afterward. I'll try this out and see how it goes.

The Input glitches you speak are there! I can literally go into practice and have no trouble doing basic,average,advance combos but when i hop online it's another story entirely... and i play on controller so i have no idea if that's a problem are not. btw i main adam so maybe he has issues online?

Forgot to add, special moves with meter burn only comes out as a regular move! i can't combo with it at all online.

D

Deleted member 9158

Inputs are hella strict in this game.

A lot of my moves don't come out especially online. First I thought it was my controller but after a while in training mode I realized that it's just the way the game reads inputs. If a move is D,B,1 you should press down, then press back then press 1. Once I understood this everything became much easier.

Also, I really don't understand why they don't allow us to do late specials with some strings. Like, some strings you have to buffer the move super early before the 2nd hit is even active, but with other strings you can't do it too early you have to buffer it late. It's confusing sometimes. It also makes the game feel super scrubby and not fluid. I don't like having to guess my hit confirms.
I've noticed this, and it's made me run into some difficulties living off of bad habits from MK9.

Nos99

Noob
The wonky input and cancelling rules are seriously driving me mental in this game. ...and those shortcuts. OMG those shortcuts. I have never experienced so many accidental special moves before this game.

The Input glitches you speak are there! I can literally go into practice and have no trouble doing basic,average,advance combos but when i hop online it's another story entirely... and i play on controller so i have no idea if that's a problem are not. btw i main adam so maybe he has issues online?

Forgot to add, special moves with meter burn only comes out as a regular move! i can't combo with it at all online.
God yes I'm unable to do Black Adam's basic BnBs online and I doubt it's my controller because my execution is excellent offline.

Like, I can do 1 xx black magic no problem but if I try 1,1 xx black magic then the special never comes out for whatever reason. And cancelling a string into his trait also seems impossible even if I'm mashing 4. It's really irritating me.

I also noticed it's very hard to meter burn some specials like black magic. I'm mashing the meter burn button but it rarely activates.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I've noticed a ton of input issues as well; definitely too many to list. The jumping issue is something I've noticed with multiple characters, though. Online, Lex's bf2 seems to not come out more than any other move.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I've been having huge issues with quarter circle motions coming out when I don't want them.
Say I'm blocking low and my opponent jumps over me, I'm holding :qtl then slide my stick :d :qtr to crouch block the other direction. In some instances I want to throw out an attack as well, every time I press a button after changing crouched block directions the game for some odd reason interprets :d:r and I get some random special move instead of just an attack.

---------------- :d:qtr does not equal :d:r ----------------

This issue alone has cost me countless matches.
NRS please do something about the leniency of the inputs.

I have the same issues with down inputs. I will get a DB special when I want to do d1

Wigy

There it is...
Killer frost's flash freeze never comes out right for me which in infuriating. I could do just about any combo on mk9 so inputs aren't usually a problem.

Sami

Noob
Not sure if glitch or feature: jumping normals don't come out if you hit the normal button extremely quickly after jumping. Happens for neutral jump, jump back and jump in. I know the game forces you to go through the jump animation for X frames before allowing you to do moves to prevent stupidly low instant-air attacks, but it seems to drop input data during this window as well.

Sooo many times I've missed a ji3 after b3 (which with Raven is bloody difficult to land to begin with) simply because the move did not come out at all.

I'm happy for the forced delay, it just needs to buffer the inputs during that delay.

I've been having huge issues with quarter circle motions coming out when I don't want them.
Say I'm blocking low and my opponent jumps over me, I'm holding :qtl then slide my stick :d :qtr to crouch block the other direction. In some instances I want to throw out an attack as well, every time I press a button after changing crouched block directions the game for some odd reason interprets :d:r and I get some random special move instead of just an attack.

---------------- :d:qtr does not equal :d:r ----------------

This issue alone has cost me countless matches.
NRS please do something about the leniency of the inputs.
This happens to me all the time in Injustice! I played Street Fighter and this is a common mechanic and that would never happen.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Are you guys aware of turning on or of negative edge (release check) and alternate control? These are two options you can turn off or on in controller setup. Try alternating those to the opposite of what they're on now.

I have none of these issues and AFAIK no top player has them.

Specials don't "randomly" not come out. Very rarely do you have something truly random occur in highly funded software such as a AAA game title.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
The wonky input and cancelling rules are seriously driving me mental in this game. ...and those shortcuts. OMG those shortcuts. I have never experienced so many accidental special moves before this game.
Have you tried alternate controls? That should get rid of all your input leniency.

Are you guys aware of turning on or of negative edge (release check) and alternate control? These are two options you can turn off or on in controller setup. Try alternating those to the opposite of what they're on now.

I have none of these issues and AFAIK no top player has them.

Specials don't "randomly" not come out. Very rarely do you have something truly random occur in highly funded software such as a AAA game title.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
You nincompoop! How dare you question my experience with the game.

And lol MK9 had input drops so it's not surprising at all that Injustice has some too since it's the same engine.

I use to have problems with my forward jumping coming out as neutral jumps but it isn't a glitch or anything like that its just that in this game inputting up into uf, and ub will make the diagonals not register and Cyborg zipline clearly illustrates this to be true. What you have to is input the uf, or bf perfectly with no "up" slop in the input. Every other command works fine in the ge.ame for me.

I´m glad to see, tha Vulcan Hades have problems with hitconfirming his specialcancels. That is the reason why I have dropped Nightwing. I only can hitconfirm some 33xxspecial from a jump in. With such strict cancels you have to hitconfirm on one hit. A difficulty of a game shouldn´t be defined by how hard it is to hitconfirm. The SF input scheme seems more strict then the MK input scheme, but with the MK scheme i do more shit by accident like holding down-back for crouch block and press 1 for teching (streetfighter habbit). down-back is sometimes recogniced as a qcf motion. For me the game feels random, hcf motions doesn´t came out after blocked specials. Online I can´t proper do wakeups and my execution isn´t that bad. With this netcode and the wonky inputs the game feels strict and imprecise at the same time.

I would like a tester or someone from NRS to come to this tthread.. There are input issues for sure.. I play Shazam, I dont know how many times I put in the input to down/back (diagonal) and 3 to sweep someone and I teleport.. Isnt the inputs simple enough? Why is there a shortcut for down, back? I am in training mode now and the only inputs that I put in is down and diagonal down/back and I teleported.. All I was trying to do was block while I try for a sweep kick and I teleported.. I know you can just hold down and block but still, like I said the inputs are already simple.. Why put in the shortcut?

its really annoying and I wish they would fix it.. I should be able to hit diagonal down/back and not teleport.. If I wanted to teleport I can easily hit down then back (with no diagonal input) or even do a full QCF or QCB.

I mean test it yourself , use Shazam and hit down then diagonal down/back and 3.. You will teleport.. Even though the input should be down then back/forward..

I also wanted to add that its also the reason why you see batman randomly do a anti air grapple.. I've seen Reo do it in tournaments.. So please pass this along and get NRS to fix it...

Temp

There are input issues for sure.. I play Shazam, I dont know how many times I put in the input to down/back (diagonal) and 3 to sweep someone and I teleport.. Isnt the inputs simple enough?
It was EXACTLY like that in MK9. You're gonna have to switch to alternate controls if you don't like the leniency. Nothing in this thread has convinced me of bugs.

It was EXACTLY like that in MK9. You're gonna have to switch to alternate controls if you don't like the leniency. Nothing in this thread has convinced me of bugs.
So what you're saying is the command for teleport is really not
Its

I dont want the street fighter inputs, I want the NRS inputs to work correctly...

These 2 input options should get the special move to come out..
or

This input should not get a special to come out ..

So yeah there is a issue.... Just becasue you had to deal with the issue in MK9 does not mean it should remain in injustice..

Temp

So yeah there is a issue.... Just becasue you had to deal with the issue in MK9 does not mean it should remain in injustice..
Agreed. Input leniency is input leniency. I just find it strange that people are just now starting to complain about.

Temp

My question is.. Isnt
lenient or simple enough?
It's lenient enough, but I prefer alternate controls anyway. The reason the problem exists at all is because NRS feels the diagonal should satisfy the requirement for down AND back/forward. There were so many times I got Smoke's telepunch in MK9 after doing a dash-in D+4.