What's new

Injustice will be on XBOX 360 at East Coast Throwdown

Do you agree with switching to Xbox 360 to play Injustice at ECTV?

• Yes

Votes: 117 68.0%
  • No

Votes: 53 30.8%
  • Other (post your vote)

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
Why are people seriously talking about buying totally different systems? It's the same game, regardless of what system you play on. Ps3 has been proven to experience slowdown many times over, it's not people that play on xbox trying to have a console war. Chris G even went on a huge rant about is very recently. If you use a pad, buy a $20 converter. If you use a stick there are plenty that come already dual modded. You don't need another console.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
I wonder how many people who are commentating/voting are ACTUALLY planning on attending ECT. I also wonder how many people who are saying "ps3 is fine and has no lag issues with injustice" have actually paid to travel, room, and attend offline events. These can be big expenses and to spend all that money, time off work, etc and have to play on a system that starts lagging during your tournament matches is not only unacceptable imo but could make the experience of going to the event a negative one.
Well there's one here :)

I just wish there was more notice given about the change. I now have to fix my Xbox sticks, glad I didn't sell it.

And I also would like to see video evidence of this.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Kevlang

Noob
Jayroc
You just made a very reasonable argument. I play on Xbox 360, but I understand your reasoning for not wanting to overhaul the tournament platforms.

On the other hand, you just articulated what those of us with Xbox 360's have dealt with for the last couple of years.

Ideally, the game should be played on it's native hardware, but the problem is that PS3 is already established.

Instead of fighting whether all tournaments should be Xbox 360 or PS3, why can't we compromise? It's clear that EVO & MLG aren't going to switch from PS3. On the other hand, TO's that aren't affiliated with Sony can begin making the transition over to Xbox.

Yes, I realize that mean that not everybody is playing on the same system but who cares? In Major League Baseball, the AL has a DH, while the NL doesn't. They manage to come up with an undisputed world series champion every year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 using Tapatalk

I wonder how many people who are commentating/voting are ACTUALLY planning on attending ECT. I also wonder how many people who are saying "ps3 is fine and has no lag issues with injustice" have actually paid to travel, room, and attend offline events. These can be big expenses and to spend all that money, time off work, etc and have to play on a system that starts lagging during your tournament matches is not only unacceptable imo but could make the experience of going to the event a negative one.

I may not be traveling to this particular tournament But I've been to hundreds of tournaments. (Only 4 for MK9, and zero for injustice so far, I'm not ready.)

I know all about the feel, as SSBM needs tube tvs to feel right.

lol btw when it comes to me I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just stating my experiences and I don't have any problems, that's the end of it.

you apparently notice something is at the very least different between PS3 and Xbox, and alot of people agree with you, so my experience might be skewed. I just don't notice the difference is all I'm saying.

I trust your and other's judgement, but with people's petty "console" war opinions, I tend to at the very least doubt it til I see something. (definitely not pointing out anyone I ment it in general)

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
I may not be traveling to this particular tournament But I've been to hundreds of tournaments. (Only 4 for MK9, and zero for injustice so far, I'm not ready.)

I know all about the feel, as SSBM needs tube tvs to feel right.

lol btw when it comes to me I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just stating my experiences and I don't have any problems, that's the end of it.

you apparently notice something is at the very least different between PS3 and Xbox, and alot of people agree with you, so my experience might be skewed. I just don't notice the difference is all I'm saying.

I trust your and other's judgement, but with people's petty "console" war opinions, I tend to at the very least doubt it til I see something. (definitely not pointing out anyone I ment it in general)
Thanks for this response. The last thing I'm coming from or care about is a stupid console war. I have both systems and use both.

Error

DF2+R2
Just because EVO and MLG use PS3 DOES NOT make it standard, they're sponsored tournaments in which Sony throws money at so they use their inferior system. 90% of every other major uses 360 (minus MK9 and prior generation games). THAT is tournament standard, not who throws the most money at TO's.....try again.
It's not that PS3 is inferior, it's that most of these games are developed on 360 and ported over to PS3 which seems to cause problems for the PS3 versions.

Spletty

Grandmaster

DangerousBacon

Mechanical Engineering Bitch!
So pretty much every top player is making things up or lying. Ok. Even REO who plays on ps3 a lot knows whats going on. We played at project injustice and he was commentating that is was like playing online.

Great reading comprehension. I never said everyone is lying. However, saying that offline plays like online on the ps3 IS a lie. Don't even try to debate it.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Great reading comprehension. I never said everyone is lying. However, saying that offline plays like online on the ps3 IS a lie. Don't even try to debate it.
You are correct it's not like online. It's worse at times. On top of the slow down in the game the ps3 has 2ms of input delay for plugged in controllers for every game. Literally doubling the lag on an Asus monitor.

DangerousBacon

Mechanical Engineering Bitch!
You are correct it's not like online. It's worse at times. On top of the slow down in the game the ps3 has 2ms of input delay for plugged in controllers for every game. Literally doubling the lag on an Asus monitor.
Now you're just being absolutely ridiculous. I enjoyed the laughs though. ;)

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Not making up the 2ms delay that's a known fact. Also not making up how much slow down this game has. With killer frost it happens a lot I can say that.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
You guys are just laughable at this point. I'm now officially unwatching this thread.
The fact that you were watching it is laughable ;)

Seriously, Claud doesn't make shit up. REO is one of the most intelligent players in this community and I'm sure he's thoroughly tested these facts.

As I'm talking, Jer is talking about how a PS3 he's playing on at Toryuken was laggy, I bet he's making shit up too.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Remind me again, when did XBL get hacked? I'll gladly pay $60 a year to have my information safe as well as superior online play with better connections.

Stay free fanboy.
I don't get what this has to do with anything considering Xbox Live itself is also free. Explain to me what upgrading to Gold to play games online does to magically strengthen the encryption (or lack thereof for all we might know) of your details that were already disclosed beforehand? Does refusing to renew your Gold subscription suddenly entice Microsoft to cease service of this security? Think about that for a second lol.

Two wrongs don't make a right, never argue with a fanboy, you'll only end up on their level.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
I don't get what this has to do with anything considering Xbox Live itself is also free. Explain to me what upgrading to Gold to play games online does to magically strengthen the encryption (or lack thereof for all we might know) of your details that were already disclosed beforehand? Does refusing to renew your Gold subscription suddenly entice Microsoft to cease service of this security? Think about that for a second lol.

Two wrongs don't make a right, never argue with a fanboy, you'll only end up on their level.
I own both systems I'm just stating facts. XBox Live accounts are free but you can't play online without a Gold Membership. If you're using a Silver membership you're not paying for anything, therefore no credit card/payment information is attached to your account.

The phrase is, you get what you pay for.