What's new

Injustice will be on XBOX 360 at East Coast Throwdown

Do you agree with switching to Xbox 360 to play Injustice at ECTV?

• Yes

Votes: 117 68.0%
  • No

Votes: 53 30.8%
  • Other (post your vote)

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters

Kevlang

Noob
Is it your job to adapt to competitive standards, or do competitive standards need to adopt to you? It is about what is best to play on, not what people decided to buy before the game came out.

Perfectly stated!

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 using Tapatalk

webreg

Noob
All well and good. Just one minor thing. PS3 programming sucks and therefore developer suck in adapting to it. The reason for random lags and slow downs is sloppy programming/porting. Point your finger in equal measure at NRS and other FG developers. The PS3 is superior in terms of performance but way, way worse to program and optimize for. Ever wondered why PS3 exclusives look so damn impressive and run butter smooth? Because those games were programmed for PS3 from the start and not for PC/X360 and then ported over in a hurry. Sony has acknowledged their inability to provide a convenient and compatible platform which is why the PS4 will be a x64 architecture. So no, PS3 does not suck, PS3 coding sucks but in the end the results are sadly the same.

Kevlang

Noob
If you want an example of lag from MK9 at least, go watch Curbo vs Soonk at NEC last year.
Can you add a link this video?

I think it's important for people to note that MK9 and Injustice can be used interchangeably in this discussion. They run on the same engine, from the same developers. If anything, it will be more laggy because of the interactables and stage transitions...

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 using Tapatalk

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
People play on PSN cause they dont have jobs to pay for xboxlive lets be serious here
That's funny considering how many people bought an Xbox 360 solely because the PS3 was $600/£400 some odd at launch :rolleyes:

Remember how online gaming on consoles was "just a fad" during the Xbox 1 era? I sure as hell do.

I guess I'm just not a robot and I can't see frame drops at a game running at 60fps.

But again I'm the kind of guy that blames myself before my equipment. I played in a SSBM tournament all day with a broken Game cube controller that wouldn't mash down so I could drop from ledges, and instead of auto-assuming my controller broke, I assumed that "I" tried to drop too early. the down button worked everywhere else, just not for the "mashing" part which is necessary only for edge drops/down smashes.

BS on anyone not not having their controller converter.
i got converters to have my 9 year old super nintendo controller to work on ps3, xbox 360, wii u. Thiers no execuse for not having your self ready because i do. Yes i spend alot of money but i did this so could always have the option of using my prefer tool.

I think I remember a thread very similar to this a long time ago but the situation was reversed and I swear that all the ps3 guys were saying ''Dude, just get a converter.'' or '' If you are serious at this game then you should get it on both systems.'' So guys, just get a converter and call it done.

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
Xbox fan boys are hilarious and throw out excuses to back their product. Aside from the fan boyism, its stupid to have all games on one console. Capcom and NRS games should be separate cause it includes everyone in the community to have a game on their preferred console. I favor PS3 and wouldnt want all Ps3 to be the standard for all games. Dont get your panties in a bunch thinking what if PS3 bought all rights to fight games! Focus on the main topic.

I feel as tho you should be prepared either way.. No matter the game or the system you should be prepared as a tournament goer and competitive player.. Converter, dual mods, sticks, pads, practice on both system.. whatever... You should have to do what it takes to win or compete...

obviously people want the game to play the best that it can on any given system.. But if it plays better on one system over the other then everyone should be prepared to play on that system..

Tim Static

Adminerator
http://www.amazon.com/Cross-over-Xbox-360-Playstation-3-Windows/dp/B008US4PBY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367648705&sr=8-1&keywords=cronus adapter

Does anyone know where I can get them cheaper than this. We'd have to purchase about 10 of them for the event. That is another $700. We spent $700 on PS3s and $400 on games recently.
I have been out of the loop on converters recently, but I heard this thing was made by toodles. Maybe try and contact him on SRK? Maybe if he can, can give you a deal on a package?

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
Its excuses. I play on PS3 on an Asus and never dropped a combo caused my system lagged. The problem is NRS games have always been played on PS3 so now people have to buy alot to convert to another system. xbox=$200, xboxlive=$100 per year, arcade stick=$150 or more or dual mod=$100 or converter posted=$70, plus a game with season pass=$75. Give or take $500 bucks to compete is retarded. Competitive gaming does not pay the bills last time I checked and very few can say they make top 3 and win money every tournament.

SHARKY

Noob
I just don't think xbox is a good idea because of other parts of the globe not filling the same way about xbox as most of u are. I mean I liked seen combo and tournament videos from over seas. It kinda reinforced the world playing to be the best.This Xbox thing is an embarrassment if it happens.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
My biggest problem with a lot of these "arguments" is this. 360 People complain about the lag on PS3. Though I have yet to have a problem with it. I've had minor random lag spikes here and there on BOTH systems for various games. Now...if we move to 360 and those of us that use (PS3)Pad have to either blow 200 bucks on a stick and learn it or buy a converter that lags(all of them do to some extend no matter what) then the "lag" argument in this case is pointless...because then it becomes "I lost due to converter lag" as opposed to "I lost due to ps3 lag". I think that's the biggest issue with cross platform style games. Unless a standard is set in concrete before or within a few days of a game release this will always be a never ending problem.
Some people are just outright biased as well OR don't have one system or the other.

Marvaz

come at me
Theres not enought "lag" that makes any difference offline on ps3. I have no issue of xbox360 being the standard, but what is THE BEST ps2 pad to 360 converter on the market?

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Ok guys lets stop this argument. Claude VonStroke is a great example of why arguments like these never lead anywhere. It's just constant back and forth "uh huh" and "nuh uh" with tons of exaggeration and sometimes flat out lies.
So pretty much every top player is making things up or lying. Ok. Even REO who plays on ps3 a lot knows whats going on. We played at project injustice and he was commentating that is was like playing online.

No matter which system they use someone is not going to be happy.. Its that simple and this thread proves that.. So either suck it up and deal with it or do not compete. Either way there are options to help you use the peripheral of you choice. There always people low on funds, that includes people that own a 360 that have to buy hardware to play on the PS3.. So either do what is needed or dont...

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
I wonder how many people who are commentating/voting are ACTUALLY planning on attending ECT. I also wonder how many people who are saying "ps3 is fine and has no lag issues with injustice" have actually paid to travel, room, and attend offline events. These can be big expenses and to spend all that money, time off work, etc and have to play on a system that starts lagging during your tournament matches is not only unacceptable imo but could make the experience of going to the event a negative one.

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
50 up 25 down is no lag with someone who has a similar connection on PS3 online so complaining about lag offline is retarded. I didn't hear Tom Brady complaining about lag at Civil War.