What's new

Injustice To Be a "Series" of Games

GhosT

Noob
Yes exactly because of that. Most people are crying because its not exactly like MK and im not even talking about the clash system.
No one in this particular thread up until your post had cried about anything. There are valid concerns about the game that may or may not be dispelled the closer it gets to release date.

This is after all a MK site and most of us favor MK over other fighters, That coupled with MKvDC (i know injustice supposed to be different) had people wondering.

I don't care if its complete opposite of MK, the game LOOKS great I'm buying it. The only thing i care about is balanced game and the one thing that confuses me is the stages having properties that affect characters differently.

And like the above post said, a whole bunch of new things don't belong in MK, you can't change it too much and still have it feel like MK. That doesn't mean some changes wouldn't work.

Warplay

Noob
It's going to be nice to have another Netherrealm made fighter out there. It was just MK I played, but now there's something fresh that I know I will like. I don't care when MK10 comes out. Got my hands full with MK9 and soon, Injustice.

What happen to the days of good games lasting for several years? ST, 3s, cvs2, mvc2, gg, bb, sf4, and etc.

Why does MK10 NEED to come out so soon? What MK9 can't live on its own for a few years? That it has to be Call of Dutified in order to be good or relevant?

The amount of negativity from the MK community surrounding this game that doesn't even have a release date is mind boggling. Where were you guys when MK9 took inspiration and ideas from SF (Meter), and Breaker ( burst from GG, BB, Capcom vs Tatsunoko)? Just let it rock and judge it for what it is when it comes out. I'm sure if the game isn't successful then NRS will not repeat mistakes in their next MK game.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
What happen to the days of good games lasting for several years? ST, 3s, cvs2, mvc2, gg, bb, sf4, and etc.

Why does MK10 NEED to come out so soon? What MK9 can't live on its own for a few years? That it has to be Call of Dutified in order to be good or relevant?

The amount of negativity from the MK community surrounding this game that doesn't even have a release date is mind boggling. Where were you guys when MK9 took inspiration and ideas from SF (Meter), and Breaker ( burst from GG, BB, Capcom vs Tatsunoko)? Just let it rock and judge it for what it is when it comes out. I'm sure if the game isn't successful then NRS will not repeat mistakes in their next MK game.
EXACTLY what i was talking about

Reactions: gdf

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Mostly because MK9 has a couple very serious problems, and people can only overlook them for so long.
People just really want a UMK9, not very different from 9, but just fix the bullshit, maybe add like 4 characters, better online, and a real training mode.

Sadly its not really viable to release a game like that with such little content, FG's would love it, but the general media would shit all over it, and it would sell like crap.

Well I understand there frustrations, I am completely on board with Injustice, outside of the clash system, everything sounds really awesome.

Mostly because MK9 has a couple very serious problems, and people can only overlook them for so long.
People just really want a UMK9, not very different from 9, but just fix the bullshit, maybe add like 4 characters, better online, and a real training mode.

Sadly its not really viable to release a game like that with such little content, FG's would love it, but the general media would shit all over it, and it would sell like crap.

Well I understand there frustrations, I am completely on board with Injustice, outside of the clash system, everything sounds really awesome.
Yes MK9 has problems but in reality what game doesn't? Almost every successful big fighting game had significant issues to some degree.

MvC2 had guardbreaks, infinites, TOD combos, bugged char (gambit, juggernaunt etc) and lasted 10+ years.

3s had a character (or two) that dominated everybody. Had 0 losing matchups and lasted 10+ years and was loved by many.

ST is still played today and is pretty relevant (HDR is ST remade, and HDR is part of capcom's 500k tournament series).

All of these didn't have training mode either because they didn't get a console port until years AFTER the game released on arcades.

Yes MK9 has problems but its the community's duty to make the game relevant, and good. Sometimes you have no other choice to make do with the best you have. That doesn't mean people should shit on everything NRS does thats not MK and be like "O GOD CHANGES!?!?!?"

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Yes MK9 has problems but in reality what game doesn't? Almost every successful big fighting game had significant issues to some degree.
Oh, I completely agree with you, but its understandable why some people would be upset by all this, even if there taking it a bit too far.

H2O FARMER

Crazy 88 king
Okay this you should take with a grain of salt - they certainly can't commit to a series before seeing sales/reception of this game.

That said, this is optimal really for MK. A good fitting timetable for NRS would be:
2011: MK9
2013: Injustice
2014-2015: MK10
2016-2017: Injustice 2
2017-2018 MK11.

You get at least 2-3 years in between each MK generation, ensuring that the brand doesn't become stale and oversaturated with games. Don't pull a capcom.

I agree. The top 2 console fps companies do it. You got BF/MOH and cod with MW/BLOPS

Breaker

~AKUMA~
For those who are in constant doubt and concerns please take this in; Ed Boon appreciates loyal fans since 92. It can be argued but from MK1-UMK3 seems like he payed a lot of attention to what the fans request or would like to see in the future. We don't know in REALLITY what happened or what politics took place to clearly produce those not-so-good games. However you can see that Ed Boon seeked redemption by creating NRS and giving us the holy Mortal Kombat 9 and to me and many loyal fans it changed the tinted credibility that stuck with Boon and the company for a while. Now days it just seems like everyone demands a PREFECT game, well I'm sorry the world is perfect it is most likely your perception that will NEVER be perfect.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
has anyone pointed out that he said they have "started a series of games", not that "injustice will be a series" - the meaning could be that injustice is the first in a series of games which are currently in development or plan to be released later, not necessarily injustice titles. i think this is open to interpretation.

Via_Negativa

Darkforge
Do this game and then come back with an expansion to Mk9 not a new game. Then do your sequel to this and mk10 for the next gen...