What's new

Injustice Made a Side Tournament at NorCal Regionals Discussion

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I didn't know this until Ducky's post. But Injustice at NCR is not a main game. So I have two questions:

1) Do people care about this? How do people feel.

2) If it was a main game, how many people do you NorCal guys think would reasonably show up?

I was surprised at the announcement, so I'm curious to know what everything thinks and has to say.

@Blind_Man
@WoundCowboy
@Emperor DMS
@The_SNKE
@NRF Everlast

Last edited:

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Yeah just fuck ncr. It's not a major for nrs games. Maybe some SoCal guys will show up and it'll be NorCal vs SoCal fun time or some shit. I'm super salty about this especially because it's pretty likely injustice will not get any stream time. No one in our community should waste their time traveling to this.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Kineda has made it clear over the past 3 years that he or the guys that help him don't care about NRS games one bit.

NCR truly is a lost cause and I urge everyone not to attend this tournament. Spending an afternoon reading doge memes will be more productive and exciting than spending $40+ on this pathetic excuse of a tournament.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
last NCR, they had a vote for the last 2 games to be in which were doa, tekken or sc5. sc5 got ruled out but a tournament was held in one of the hotel suites and got more entrants than both doa and tekken. when the community brought it up to the TOs i dont think they really liked it very much. so that should speak for how the NCR staff treats other games.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
What a shame. Why is it exactly that the NRS scene doesn't get the kind of respect from TO's that other games do?

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Then they should fuck off and only put Capcom games on the roster instead of ripping the other communities off simply for the entry fees.
Or they could jus show our games the same respect every other major shows us and every other game at EVO gets.

Super Street Fighter IV:AE 2012
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
King of Fighters XIII
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Killer Instinct​

The only one that sticks out is KOF, actually nvm KOF has a scene in norcal.

so yeah looks pretty normal and expected from NCR. I mean you would think Tekken would be strong in norcal with bronson and jimmy tran but nope. also nrs has no scene in norcal.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
BBCP got added just by asking them.

Has anyone reached out to Kineda or Choiboy about this?

The only one that sticks out is KOF, actually nvm KOF has a scene in norcal.

so yeah looks pretty normal and expected from NCR. I mean you would think Tekken would be strong in norcal with bronson and jimmy tran but nope. also nrs has no scene in norcal.
This is also probably a factor.

BBCP got added just by asking them.

Has anyone reached out to Kineda or Choiboy about this?

This is also probably a factor.
It definitely is. They had tekken last year but because of the low turnout it was a friday tournament. The tekken community wanted to shun NCR. What happen? No more tekken, and you have 2 of strongest tekken players in Norcal.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
It definitely is. They had tekken last year but because of the low turnout it was a friday tournament. The tekken community wanted to shun NCR. What happen? No more tekken, and you have 2 of strongest tekken players in Norcal.
Not to mention I've seen many NRS players openly slander NCR for various reasons(Some legitimate ones, to be fair).

But people have to realize that T.Os are not going to do things for you if all you do is bitch at them constantly.