What's new

Injustice has only 6 months left to be relevant. What do you plan to accomplish before April 2015?

GGA Max

Although I really love this game, it will probably not be as popular once MKX comes out. So NOW is the time to do relevant things:
  • Prove your character is top 10
  • Prove you are secretly a good player
  • Evolve your character's meta
  • Evolve the game's meta
  • Expose a top tier character as a bill
  • Do something memorable
  • Etc
I want to show that Bane isn't a slave to zoning, that he can get in without using venom. He can play lame footsies with d2 and d1 to score that ONE knockdown to make the 40% chip worth it.
I also want to do better at any of the remaining majors I attend.

ScorpionRules!!!92

I no longer main characters on any fighting games.
Well seeing as how I plan games that are both current as well as old chances are that i'll still play it.

GGA Max

Yeah, I'm not attacking you btw Max, in case it came off that way.
Its cool, in fact I agree people "can" play both games.

Its just that results after April 2015 will have a ton of criticism that they are not as relevant since "X-player is mostly playing mkx, and Y-player wouldn't have placed if X were still playing" type attitude.

It sucks. But that's why I'm making this thread.

coolwhip

Noob

Its just that results after April 2015 will have a ton of criticism that they are not as relevant since "X-player is mostly playing mkx, and Y-player wouldn't have placed if X were still playing" type attitude.

Yeah I agree with this. If there's anything we've learned, it's that history repeats itself, and the community tends to repeat the same mistakes (bitching, overreactions, cries for buffs/nerfs, etc...). So if MK9, which was more popular among the community got the treatment it did after Injustice came out, I suspect the same will happen with IGAU. It's a shame, because this is an extremely fun game that really hasn't been fleshed out. I'd argue that even though the players leveled up faster in Injustice than they did in MK9 due to frame data and a better training mode, we knew more about MK9 at this point in its lifespan than we do about Injustice at the moment. Or at least, it's comparable, which is a shame since we should be improving.

That said, in defense of many players and the treatment of MK9, many were still registering to play the game in majors this year and the level of play was generally good. It's just that nobody was really practicing. I really hope we can still drag another year out of Injustice's life. The game deserves it.

Last edited:

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose

I agree completely. Just wish we could own up to losing straight up. If you have been playing MKX so much that you don't care about Injustice, or whatever, just hold it and stop bitching.

Also, I hope more people who wanted to play Injustice at a tourney come out in time to see the unnecessary online bs doesn't translate while actually being in attendance, and the NRS community isnt(!!!!***) full of assholes. The majority of players are overwhemingly cool. Even the top ones. What I hope to accomplish is to hang with these pontential people.

Last edited: