What's new

Injustice: Gods Among Us - New HotFix (6-11-13)

there is a reason why his name is actually testyourpatience lol.
man i just gave up trying to reason with him, ppl just were butthurt that scorpion wasn't ass and he was top tier. Either way, he is still top tier and I don't care one bit about what ppl had to say about scorpion before the fix. I just find it funny how ppl think they know everything about a character in like a few days, they need to gtfo with that, that's bs and completely impossible.

They said it a million times, interactibles will be a big part of the game, stage select will be just as important as character select, players tmust develop strategy based on where they are standing. In that hey have succeed.

Are there any stages that make >6/4 matchups or are you just tired of having robots thrown at you? Because you have tools to deal with them, and im not talking about back dash or a neutral jump prayer, I'm not talking about stage select or turning them off, I'm t alking about b+3. Simply put if a power character is making you his bitch with interactibles, you need to take them away rom him.

None of those stages need to be "fixed". Turn off the flow chart and send your opponent through the wall. Adapt, the game has way bigger concerns.
I don't know if you skimmed my post or what, I am not complaining about interactibles. I think interactibles add depth to this game.

I know what my options are for dealing with interactibles.

However, just like how other fighting games require character balancing (including this one); I believe that this game also requires stage balancing.

Nothing will ever be perfect, but there should be a happy median somewhere.

trufenix

bye felicia
I don't know if you skimmed my post or what, I am not complaining about interactibles. I think interactibles add depth to this game.

However, just like how other fighting games require character balancing (including this one); I believe that this game also requires stage balancing.

The happy medium is go to another stage. If there's a stage that greatly benefits power characters and you don't use one, it is within you power to do something about it. B+3 is literally the answer to all i can't win on watchtower issues.

lol........ ba still top tier thanks goodness:) lol n scorpion pretty much the same.. who gives a fuck! adjust to the patches people! and stop complaining!
This comment seriously needs more likes. If people are gonna tell other people to adapt when they complain, then they should take their own advice and adapt to changes themselves instead of complaining.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME

Lets just agree to disagree.

I wish there were 8 of you guys instead of just 2.
It'd make for much better sane converstion.

Scorpion's normals suck, by the way, world. Not to say they don't get the job done, but they don't outclass the already established tops.
Compared to the up-close damage/combo capability and fast advances of, say, a Superman, Lantern, Catwoman, AQUAMAN AND BANE, Frost, it goes on...
The wise Hitoshura used to say about Cyrax that, in spite of his horrible, horrible dirt, that he was an all-or-nothing character, and his dirt was what made him ultimately feared and top tiered. Such is the case with Scorpion. For the second game in a row, he seems built entirely around the Vortex, only it's a lot more effective in this sort of game than in was in the neutral block button realm of MK. Beyond that, the dude is probably THE most meter-dependant character in the entire game, with a mid-tier Trait, and in spite of how overwhelming his tools may seem, he's just as high-risk/high-reward as he was before, only this time his MB Teleport isn't punishable, inputs are a lot less tricky, and so on and so forth.

Il start at the word Batman. And all I will ask you is, how does he break the meta game with what he has?

You can't throw out the word broken just because he a very strong character, that isn't enough, he has to be game breaking, he has to challenge the meta game, he has to exploit the games basic system, and Batman doesn't. He is strong, yes, and in the right hands he is a nightmare, but broken, absolutely not.

And if you ask anybody who knows me, what I think of Batman, everyone will tell you that I think he is the best character in the game, hands down, you don't need to make opportunities for yourself, or space correctly, or wiff punish as the trait does it all for you, and I have no reservations about saying that, and I think he needs toned down, check the Batman forums, so I think we have different definitions of what irony is.

I've posted this a few times, if you don't see what is wrong with the first build of the character (Scorpion) then what is the point explaining it further, it should be obvious, especially to a good offline player like you...I'm actually surprised.
I admire that you say Batman needs too be toned down, but he is broken. If Batman's bats came slower and his MB batarangs weren't plus 100... your "not broken" argument would have validity.

1 robobat can give Batman:
1. a free dash
2. a free jump in
3. make anything safe.
4. an air projectile
5. an extra zoning tool
6. a combo extender

W/O them he is still strong. Carefully managed bats makes him pretty broken unless you are using top tier characters. There is a lot of validity to what they are saying. I offer you a challenge to try to use Bane against a decent Batman. You'll start to see why people complain. A great Bane can still easily lose to a good Batman. That's not how it's supposed to be.

I wish there were 8 of you guys instead of just 2.
It'd make for much better sane converstion.

Scorpion's normals suck, by the way, world. Not to say they don't get the job done, but they don't outclass the already established tops.
Compared to the up-close damage/combo capability and fast advances of, say, a Superman, Lantern, Catwoman, AQUAMAN AND BANE, Frost, it goes on...
The wise Hitoshura used to say about Cyrax that, in spite of his horrible, horrible dirt, that he was an all-or-nothing character, and his dirt was what made him ultimately feared and top tiered. Such is the case with Scorpion. For the second game in a row, he seems built entirely around the Vortex, only it's a lot more effective in this sort of game than in was in the neutral block button realm of MK. Beyond that, the dude is probably THE most meter-dependant character in the entire game, with a mid-tier Trait, and in spite of how overwhelming his tools may seem, he's just as high-risk/high-reward as he was before, only this time his MB Teleport isn't punishable, inputs are a lot less tricky, and so on and so forth.
Cyrax's dirt is partially what ruined MK, so I disagree with this. Games need to be decided on a neutral game not "oh I netted you... you lost 80% health."

I admire that you say Batman needs too be toned down, but he is broken. If Batman's bats came slower and his MB batarangs weren't plus 100... your "not broken" argument would have validity.

1 robobat can give Batman:
1. a free dash
2. a free jump in
3. make anything safe.
4. an air projectile
5. an extra zoning tool
6. a combo extender

W/O them he is still strong. Carefully managed bats makes him pretty broken unless you are using top tier characters. There is a lot of validity to what they are saying. I offer you a challenge to try to use Bane against a decent Batman. You'll start to see why people complain. A great Bane can still easily lose to a good Batman. That's not how it's supposed to be.
i dnt agree with batman being broken, but what you said is pretty much spot on, the tools he possesses make him very dangerous and he can handle pretty much all matchups (i dnt even see him having a 7 3 losing matchup).

Cyrax's dirt is partially what ruined MK, so I disagree with this. Games need to be decided on a neutral game not "oh I netted you... you lost lost 80% damage."
Just a net didn't make him what he was, and I know this from playing "4" top lvl cyrax players in tournament, he had:
1. A solid d4
2. command grab that led to many options to follow up with
3. Good whiff punish ability with his d4, 1 2, buzzsaw, and etc.
4. probably the best AA option in his AA grab bcuz he could do it to blow up crossup jumps as well
5. unblockable bombs that led to combos/ forced ppl to move
6. ex ragdoll is a safe wakeup and good to use to start a round off to get that "first hit" meter
7. Good rushdown and zoning
8. damage without doing resets
9. only lost 7 3 to one character (kabal)
10. unbreakable damage that went up to like 50 percent
11. air resets.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Cyrax's dirt is partially what ruined MK, so I disagree with this. Games need to be decided on a neutral game not "oh I netted you... you lost 80% health."
Just a net didn't make him what he was, and I know this from playing "4" top lvl cyrax players in tournament, he had:
1. A solid d4
2. command grab that led to many options to follow up with
3. Good whiff punish ability with his d4, 1 2, buzzsaw, and etc.
4. probably the best AA option in his AA grab bcuz he could do it to blow up crossup jumps as well
5. unblockable bombs that led to combos/ forced ppl to move
6. ex ragdoll is a safe wakeup and good to use to start a round off to get that "first hit" meter
7. Good rushdown and zoning
8. damage without doing resets
9. only lost 7 3 to one character (kabal)
10. unbreakable damage that went up to like 50 percent
11. air resets.

And you're both absolutely right.

But what good did any of that do him in MK's tournament history?

I dont mean just Top 4's or 8's or 16's, I mean titles won and banners hung.
As good as he was, as dirty as his dirt was, ultimately it couldnt stack up against the dirtier dees of the game.

Without his dirt, he would've been even worse off from a statistical standpoint.
Same goes for Scorpion.
Yeah, it's delusional and slightly game-busting, but hey...so was the Rune Trap.

As good as he was, as dirty as his dirt was, ultimately it couldnt stack up against the dirtier dees of the game.

Without his dirt, he would've been even worse off from a statistical standpoint.
Same goes for Scorpion.
Yeah, it's delusional and slightly game-busting, but hey...so was the Rune Trap.
i agree with you 100 percent, just because a character has some "dirt" doesn't mean he is automatically broken. When I look at supes, batman, black adam, aquaman, and etc. they all have dirt which means it isn't like how scorpion was (even tho he wasn't meant to be that way), made him broken. I feel like many tend to overexaggerate a characters power simply bcuz it isn't easy dealing with them.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
i agree with you 100 percent, just because a character has some "dirt" doesn't mean he is automatically broken. When I look at supes, batman, black adam, aquaman, and etc. they all have dirt which means it isn't like how scorpion was (even tho he wasn't meant to be that way), made him broken. I feel like many tend to overexaggerate a characters power simply bcuz it isn't easy dealing with them.

Ding goes the bell. Precisely, sir.

Although, as much as I disagreed with the Deathstroke nerfs, it has been extremely satisfying re-learning the merc, new firing patterns depending on the characters or their types (It's not the size of the bullets, it's where you put them...giggity), improving my mixups so I dont die an embarassing death when they bypass my ammunition...at least Scorpion I understand seeing as apparently he wasnt even meant to be released in his original condition.

Same goes for Scorpion.
I agree, but you are actually strengthening my argument. My statement is referring to the problems with MK in general and NRS ability to balance. This is an example. Kabal is probably the most broken character in recent "legit" fighting game history. The only other one I can think of is Hilde in SC4 or mecha knight, but I know nothing of smash.

NRS will never rise to the top w/o a core neutral game and as injustice shows they always have characters that shit on this possibility. Characters should use fundamentals to win, not dirt. This is why most people don't take their games seriously and why the tourney scene is only in the hundreds and won't grow.

I locally tried to cultivate Injustice bc I love DC and fighting games, but I'd be lying to tell people that it's a solid game, and my morals won't allow me to lie to people. I faced reality and it sucked, but I can't support NRS with all of their issues in balancing, poor neutral game, and broken characters. They don't care about a tourney worthy game and their track record shows this. NRS stuffing the pot at EVO and other events did not legitimize MK. A stuffed Injustice pot was still pushed off stream for Dive Kick.

x0Kakashi

Kneel before me.
um no, ppl like you try to act like yall knew everything about scorpion and NO ONE did, so stop with all that bs talk. Also dnt matter if this isn't AE or marvel, i was just comparing characters, fools on TYM act like no character has ever been hard to deal with in a fg, and if you weren't blind, you would have noticed I said that he wasn't supposed to be that way so it is all good now, learn to read the whole post and comprehend before responding like a asshole sir. Don't come at me like that, I'm not the one.
youre easily offended honestly I wasnt even trying to be disrespectfull but if hes fine now why are you overreacting ?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I agree, but you are actually strengthening my argument. My statement is referring to the problems with MK in general and NRS ability to balance. This is an example. Kabal is probably the most broken character in recent "legit" fighting game history. The only other one I can think of is Hilde in SC4 or mecha knight, but I know nothing of smash.

NRS will never rise to the top w/o a core neutral game and as injustice shows they always have characters that shit on this possibility. Characters should use fundamentals to win, not dirt. This is why most people don't take their games seriously and why the tourney scene is only in the hundreds and won't grow.

I locally tried to cultivate Injustice bc I love DC and fighting games, but I'd be lying to tell people that it's a solid game, and my morals won't allow me to lie to people. I faced reality and it sucked, but I can't support NRS with all of their issues in balancing, poor neutral game, and broken characters. They don't care about a tourney worthy game and their track record shows this. NRS stuffing the pot at EVO and other events did not legitimize MK. A stuffed Injustice pot was still pushed off stream for Dive Kick.

Once again, I can side with that as well. But that's the point I was trying to make days ago, that it seems like fighters in general are shifting away from what you, me, and most of the long-time FGC players would regard as the ever-changing "Fundamentals," in that there are so many new mechanics, ideas, character designs and variables in between at work right now that every game one touches is drastically different, and so it makes defining what you'd call the absolute black-and-white fighter fundamentals a lot more difficult than past generations.

IGAU may not be the best fighter ever built, but it'd be difficult to argue it isn't THE title of the moment right now, with the exception of the resurrected SFXT.
The numbers aren't going away anytime soon, so it's going to be a hard sell to get them to do anything drastically helpful as long as the game keeps selling (which given the Zod push it's about to get, will be no issue at all) and the people keep signing up at the tourneys.

youre easily offended honestly I wasnt even trying to be disrespectfull but if hes fine now why are you overreacting ?
i'm overreacting because you didn't even take the time to even notice what I was saying. I already said that "he wasn't supposed to be that way so I'm fine with the fix", but you keep going back to the argument of "if scorpion was broken". I could care less now because he wasn't supposed to be that way so I'm passed that. I don't give a damn about ppl thinking he was broken because it doesn't even matter anymore so why even bring it up? If you think he was broken, fine by me because that doesn't mean he was "broken" because opinions aren't fact. Also we never would've know anyways because that wasn't how he was supposed to be made/ pre-build scorpion never saw a major. So we can just rest that argument at that.

x0Kakashi

Kneel before me.
i'm overreacting because you didn't even take the time to even notice what I was saying. I already said that "he wasn't supposed to be that way so I'm fine with the fix", but you keep going back to the argument of "if scorpion was broken". I could care less now because he wasn't supposed to be that way so I'm passed that. I don't give a damn about ppl thinking he was broken because it doesn't even matter anymore so why even bring it up? If you think he was broken, fine by me because that doesn't mean he was "broken" because opinions aren't fact. Also we never would've know anyways because that wasn't how he was supposed to be made/ pre-build scorpion never saw a major. So we can just rest that argument at that.
Fair enough.

Once again, I can side with that as well. But that's the point I was trying to make days ago, that it seems like fighters in general are shifting away from what you, me, and most of the long-time FGC players would regard as the ever-changing "Fundamentals," in that there are so many new mechanics, ideas, character designs and variables in between at work right now that every game one touches is drastically different, and so it makes defining what you'd call the absolute black-and-white fighter fundamentals a lot more difficult than past generations.

IGAU may not be the best fighter ever built, but it'd be difficult to argue it isn't THE title of the moment right now, with the exception of the resurrected SFXT.
The numbers aren't going away anytime soon, so it's going to be a hard sell to get them to do anything drastically helpful as long as the game keeps selling (which given the Zod push it's about to get, will be no issue at all) and the people keep signing up at the tourneys.
We are on the same page, fighting games are no longer chess matches... they're becoming too CODish. The good ones are overlooked and the bad ones shine. This is why I will dedicate my efforts to cultivating KOF13 and Virtua Fighter 5 FS. These games deserve more attention than they are getting and yet they are in the shadows. Is the new KI is upsetting you as much as it is me? It looks more inspired by current fihting games than it's originals to me. That sucks.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
We are on the same page, fighting games are no longer chess matches... they're becoming too CODish. The good ones are overlooked and the bad ones shine. This is why I will dedicate my efforts to cultivating KOF13 and Virtua Fighter 5 FS. These games deserve more attention than they are getting and yet they are in the shadows. Is the new KI is upsetting you as much as it is me? It looks more inspired by current fihting games than it's originals to me. That sucks.

I feel as though youre going to become one of my favorite people.

I admire KOF more than any other game I don't play. Love it.