What's new

Injustice: Gods Among Us - New HotFix (6-11-13)

Nothing changed with Black Adam or any other characters (yet).

The Scorpion changes (from him being released early) are:
teleport is slightly slower (by frames) won't change any combos.
teleport hits high and is more neg on block and miss.
flipkick is more neg on miss.
Would it be possible for the next balance patch to primarily be a HUGE rebalance of stages?

It would be nice if all stages were looked at thoroughly. Some interactible cooldown times should be adjusted, some damage %'s to be adjusted, etc.

It seems like enough data could have been collected by now (the online system shows us that NRS is collecting data on practically everything). Some particular interactibles in particular that I feel should be looked at:

- Metropolis Rooftop (Airbots)
- Gotham Alley (Trash Can)
- Watchtower (Air Drones)

These are doing too much in this game. It's cool when I get hit by one chuckable interactible. But when I have to eat 2 or 3 to get in on someone, it is a little bit discouraging.

I think NRS has a good thing going with the interactibles and the life of their stages, but this is where I would like to see a lot of emphasis going towards with the next patch/balance changes.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
They CANNOT jump out AT ALL. I've put the cpu to jump up, forward and backwards. F3 hit every time. Testing against a human won't do much. Your timing must be off. The ONLY way to avoid f3 is with armor.

NO ONE can jump out. If you are letting Scorpion and Deathstroke jump out then that's your problem and you letting them get away with murder.
Yessssssss

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Would it be possible for the next balance patch to primarily be a HUGE rebalance of stages?

It would be nice if all stages were looked at thoroughly. Some interactible cooldown times should be adjusted, some damage %'s to be adjusted, etc.

It seems like enough data could have been collected by now (the online system shows us that NRS is collecting data on practically everything). Some particular interactibles in particular that I feel should be looked at:

These are doing too much in this game. It's cool when I get hit by one chuckable interactible. But when I have to eat 2 or 3 to get in on someone, it is a little bit discouraging.

I think NRS has a good thing going with the interactibles and the life of their stages, but this is where I would like to see a lot of emphasis going towards with the next patch/balance changes.
I second this!!!!

Unless your opponent is frost in which cage metropolis air planes should respawn everywhere every 1.2 secs

x0Kakashi

Kneel before me.
i already found out that the way he was made wasn't intended, but lets compare scorpion to some other chars (sf2 akuma who got banned), ssf4 ae yun, morrigan right now in umvc3, vergil in umvc3, mk9 kabal, he doesn't even compare to those by any means. Yeah his tele is annoying and of course his air to air game is probably better than most, but how is that "broken"? he had some bad mus even before they made the fix (aquman, killer frost, and nightwing were a few who actually gave him issues). I never said batman was "broken", i was just saying that how good batman is, there's no way you could act like scorpion is just completely better than him, that'd be a lie bcuz he hasn't even seen tourny play yet and batman already has a tournament (civil war won by REO). I'll just say this, i dealt with "ass" scorpion in mk9 and they never gave him the necessary buffs, so when i find out he is in this game and he isn't going ot be "ass" anymore, i dnt want them to make any stupid change that'll jack him up. I'll take the fix they did to him today, that i dnt mind, but i dnt want anything that'll mess up what makes him good.

This isnt AE nor UMvC3. Scorpion was broken as fuck just be honest I can understand that you like the character and dont want him to be nerfed but come on lol... hes still easily top 5

AugustAPC

Not For Sale
Not gonna read 19 pages of this mess, but I gotta say... People were all crying for nerfs and now they're all crying about them.

As far as Scorpion goes. I'm sure he'll still be a viable character. He was pretty damn good before.

SmokeMaster

I got no time for whining!!!
The nerfs are fine from what I can tell. He still has his standing reset vortex setups which is the epitome of his game. Teleport being nerfed to a high hit and more recovery on block and whiff just makes players use him more wisely. No more spamming it to startup his vortex. Really don't care that they nerfed flip kick. It shouldn't be used outside of wakeup or aa. I still feel it was to soon to hit him with the nerf bat. Many of the people I played were starting to understand the Scorpion match-up and how to properly block in Injustice. IMO, I think pre-patch Scorpion did more of a service to this game then an "injustice". Pun intended.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
The nerfs are fine from what I can tell. He still has his standing reset vortex setups which is the epitome of his game. Teleport being nerfed to a high hit and more recovery on block and whiff just makes players use him more wisely. No more spamming it to startup his vortex. Really don't care that they nerfed flip kick. It shouldn't be used outside of wakeup or aa. I still feel it was to soon to hit him with the nerf bat. Many of the people I played were starting to understand the Scorpion match-up and how to properly block in Injustice. IMO, I think pre-patch Scorpion did more of a service to this game then an "injustice". Pun intended.
Wasn't a nerf. The Scorpion we had last week was an unfinished version of him. He was released too early, therefore we had to learn how to fight that version. The Scorpion we have now is the fixed version, finished version, complete version, etc. He wasn't nerfed at all and this is how he was intended to be.

SmokeMaster

I got no time for whining!!!
Wasn't a nerf. The Scorpion we had last week was an unfinished version of him. He was released too early, therefore we had to learn how to fight that version. The Scorpion we have now is the fixed version, finished version, complete version, etc. He wasn't nerfed at all and this is how he was intended to be.
So basically people were over-reacting for no reason. Still say he did more good then bad before the hotfix.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
well ppl were saying if he didn't come out early he would've been like this/ he is still super solid, so I'll speak for all scorpion players by saying that we dnt even care about the changes because like DS, he still is very solid and he's tournament viable.
Hold that shit!

-42 for a blocked fucking Teleport and it isn't an overhead and you can beyond punish it on whiff? NRS, what the actual fuck are you doing here?

Quit your complaining. You can beat half of the people that play online by alternating between two moves randomly. It takes no execution. And now you're complaining that it's not overhead? If that were the case, the only way to defend against scorpion would be to jump toward him constantly. That's literally the only option. Good thing you're not in charge of balancing the game.

trufenix

bye felicia

They said it a million times, interactibles will be a big part of the game, stage select will be just as important as character select, players tmust develop strategy based on where they are standing. In that hey have succeed.

Are there any stages that make >6/4 matchups or are you just tired of having robots thrown at you? Because you have tools to deal with them, and im not talking about back dash or a neutral jump prayer, I'm not talking about stage select or turning them off, I'm t alking about b+3. Simply put if a power character is making you his bitch with interactibles, you need to take them away rom him.

None of those stages need to be "fixed". Turn off the flow chart and send your opponent through the wall. Adapt, the game has way bigger concerns.

This isnt AE nor UMvC3. Scorpion was broken as fuck just be honest I can understand that you like the character and dont want him to be nerfed but come on lol... hes still easily top 5
um no, ppl like you try to act like yall knew everything about scorpion and NO ONE did, so stop with all that bs talk. Also dnt matter if this isn't AE or marvel, i was just comparing characters, fools on TYM act like no character has ever been hard to deal with in a fg, and if you weren't blind, you would have noticed I said that he wasn't supposed to be that way so it is all good now, learn to read the whole post and comprehend before responding like a asshole sir. Don't come at me like that, I'm not the one.