What's new

Injustice: Gods Among Us Impressions Thread

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Give it some time. It will take a while to adjust. This game pisses me off 10x more than MK, but the good far outweighs the bad.

1- Yes you can be negative when you hit someone. In this case look at ermac in mk9. His d1 is negative on crouch hit. So anything i attempt after this will usually be beaten out.

2-No there are not only negative frames on hit. Use the example in the first question I answered. If ermac hits you with a d1 and you are standing, you will actually be +1 although he is the one hitting you.

3- if you go for a move that is 5 frame start up and do nothing, then both people are neutral because nothing happened.

4- A lot of frames ? Depends what you mean. A lot of frames on start up is generally not all that good because it means they are slow. Same for recovery frames. A lot of those means you spend more time in recovery animation. A lot of frames on hit when you attack someone is good because if gives you a lot of frames to work with. Same for on block. A lot of + frames on block means you can frame trap.
Thanks for the further elaboration.
I'm sure you explained it better than my 5th grade responses haha

zaf

professor
What are a good amount of startup frames and what are a bad amount. Plz. Btw I will experiment now with green arrow on youtube most likely.
Check my channel though:
Strat10100
And spread the word man. Tell people to check my "subscribe please" thread. By the way subscribe!!!
There really is no right answer for this. There is not a number you can put on a move that makes it the best.

generally you want fast start up moves i guess if you want to be able to use them in all scenarios.

Look at pokes, they are all usually 6-7 frames. ( d1s)

Look at shoryukens in sf4. Ryu ken and akum ( if i am not mistaken) all have 3 frame shoryukens.
This usually means they can use them in a lot of scenarios.

DreadzTsung

"Darkness is the heart's true essence"
There really is no right answer for this. There is not a number you can put on a move that makes it the best.

generally you want fast start up moves i guess if you want to be able to use them in all scenarios.

Look at pokes, they are all usually 6-7 frames. ( d1s)

Look at shoryukens in sf4. Ryu ken and akum ( if i am not mistaken) all have 3 frame shoryukens.
This usually means they can use them in a lot of scenarios.
Thanks bro.

zaf

professor
What are a good amount of startup frames and what are a bad amount. Plz. Btw I will experiment now with green arrow on youtube most likely.

Check my channel though:
Strat10100

And spread the word man. Tell people to check my "subscribe please" thread. By the way subscribe!!!
I also believe you are asking the wrong questions about frame data.
This kind of shows me you really do not have an understanding of frame data. but that is ok, you can learn.

I AM NOT MAKING FUN OF YOU. REALIZE THIS.

Ignorance to something in this game is not always your fault. It is a lot of peoples first fighter. So i do not mind to help.

try and find a good video tutorial on youtube on how frame data works. If you did know how frame data works, you would not be asking the questions you are. But like i said that it is fine, it shows us you do want to learn. Which i can help with.

try this video out.

DreadzTsung

I also believe you are asking the wrong questions about frame data.
This kind of shows me you really do not have an understanding of frame data. but that is ok, you can learn.

I AM NOT MAKING FUN OF YOU. REALIZE THIS.

Ignorance to something in this game is not always your fault. It is a lot of peoples first fighter. So i do not mind to help.

try and find a good video tutorial on youtube on how frame data works. If you did know how frame data works, you would not be asking the questions you are. But like i said that it is fine, it shows us you do want to learn. Which i can help with.

try this video out.

I had very good shang and cage in mk. But I never understood frame data. Thanks for the help man. :D

DreadzTsung

not a problem
Already learning. I went to practice to figure it out. Flash standing 1 has 8 frame startup very good. The recovery frames are well....ok I guess. 15. The hit advantage is plus 5. Self explanatory. So the opponent is -5 frames on hit correct?

Yo if you love this game and are having a great time with it then cool man, great. That's the difference your oppinion is different to mine but I don't start coming with flames. It's not execution problems, I can do standard combos with most of the cast its just the overall clunky feel and I'm not the only one. But seriously when mk9 hit it was gold stars all round, people loved it! With this I'm seeing a lot of mixed feelings accross the board. I mean I'm not gonna give up mabey like someone said after a while it just clicks and everything falls into place. But it's not the characters, or cheapness of characters or the design, execution etc it just FEELS clunky to me I dunno mabey it gets better with time...

zaf

professor
Already learning. I went to practice to figure it out. Flash standing 1 has 8 frame startup very good. The recovery frames are well....ok I guess. 15. The hit advantage is plus 5. Self explanatory. So the opponent is -5 frames on hit correct?
correct. If they do not block this move, you have 5 free frames.

I can understand why some people think it takes too long for the character victory and xp tally to finish. I personally don't mind, but I definitely think it kills momentum and hype. My questions are:

1. Is it possible for NRS to patch in an option for selecting a stage without reselecting characters?
2. "" "" an option to disable xp gain through some sort of tournament mode?
3. "" "" the ability to skip character victory scenes and head straight for the options?

Note: These questions are from a technical view point. Do they have to tools to do this remotely via update/patch, or is it too late now that the game has shipped?

And if it is too late, I'm kinda shocked no one thought of this beforehand. Unless they had no choice given the limitations of the tools they were working with. Don't know much about game programming but it seems like a no brainer.

Niloc

Noob
When i get hit with a super to finish the round that's long as fuck like flash or something, i am so salty because I know i'm going to have to wait 10 minutes to play my next match.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
i dont care if something is possible. its not my job to know. i can only tell NRS what i want, which is everything OP said, AND an option to shorten the duration of stage transition cutscenes by just a little.

op suggestions make perfect sense to me

i dont care if something is possible. its not my job to know. i can only tell NRS what i want, which is everything OP said, AND an option to shorten the duration of stage transition cutscenes by just a little.

op suggestions make perfect sense to me
The thing is that they might not have the power to do so and that depends on their engine. I hope they can. *crosses fingers*

Komatose

The Prettiest
These things aren't an issue, nor are they necessary. But I have to admit the things I listed above will make for a efficient expirience.
An efficient, more fast experience. The actual experience is already efficient. Not to be rude, but you just seem impatient. As am I. But I do quite enjoy seeing win poses and how much XP I get. Maybe this should be turned more towards the offline scene.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
yeah, im impatient, i want less downtime and more playtime, god damn the hours/days/weeks spent NOT PLAYING simply idling after 2 or 3 years since release....

An efficient, more fast experience. The actual experience is already efficient. Not to be rude, but you just seem impatient. As am I. But I do quite enjoy seeing win poses and how much XP I get. Maybe this should be turned more towards the offline scene.
As I said before. I don't mind this stuff. My friends however come from a SF background. I can see their eyes glaze over when they're hyped up, ready for a rematch but they have to wait for, lets be honest, unnecessary bells and whistles.

Komatose

The Prettiest
yeah, im impatient, i want less downtime and more playtime, god damn the hours/days/weeks spent NOT PLAYING simply idling after 2 or 3 years since release....
What?

As I said before. I don't mind this stuff. My friends however come from a SF background. I can see their eyes glaze over when they're hyped up, ready for a rematch but they have to wait for, lets be honest, unnecessary bells and whistles.
So you want to take the eye candy out so some people do not have to wait an extra 10 seconds to go on to the next match? I can't agree with that.

What?

So you want to take the eye candy out so some people do not have to wait an extra 10 seconds to go on to the next match? I can't agree with that.
Well I want the OPTION to disable these things. 10 seconds waiting for the next match can really take you out of the zone.

Komatose

The Prettiest
Well I want the OPTION to disable these things. 10 seconds waiting for the next match can really take you out of the zone.
If that can be implemented to where it has to be agreed to by both players then sure. I do not care. But I wouldn't want that automatically forced upon all of us.