What's new

Injustice: Gods Among Us Impressions Thread

Now before I start I just wanna say I'm not here to start any flame wars I'm just giving you my honest oppinion. I'm an avid fighting game fanatic and play pretty much everything. I loved mk9 and was very eager to play the latest game from Netherrealm.

After getting GAU and spending a few days on it I just find this game to be very frustrating and well it pretty much just sucks hard. The overall engine feels extremely slow and clunky, the combo/string system feels very weird and pretty much any habits or tricks you hav come accustomed to in other fighting games can be thrown out of the window. You do a special move with X and the special move with Y comes out. The timings are all over the place, it just seems with every angle or height difference the timings completely change.

Now I see a lot of people complaining about characters like Deathstroke and tbh he didn't even bother me too much but when you see a Deathstroke mirror and just see two people shooting at each other it's pretty ridiculous..

I don't think this game has any staying power either, I think when the hype train dies down its gonna fade away. It's not at Evo this year, I don't think MLG wants to touch it either and it's just a steaming pile compared to mk9 IMO .

It's a shame really cos I really loved mk9 and was expecting a lot from this. I think the characters and levels and story etc is done really well and there are a lot of cool ideas but fundamentally the engine is very flawed. The combo system is excruciatingly frustrating and it just constantly feels as if your playing under water or are constantly being hit with lag spikes.

What a shame :(

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
You sir have unlocked an Achievement for being the 1000 person to make a "I dont like Injustice" thread. Sounds to me from your thread you have poor execution skills and want to blame the game for your short comings. If Injustice is to hard for some of you then just don't play it.

Vagrant

Noob
After getting GAU and spending a few days on it I just find this game to be very frustrating and well it pretty much just sucks hard. The overall engine feels extremely slow and clunky, the combo/string system feels very weird and pretty much any habits or tricks you hav come accustomed to in other fighting games can be thrown out of the window. You do a special move with X and the special move with Y comes out. The timings are all over the place, it just seems with every angle or height difference the timings completely change.

Now I see a lot of people complaining about characters like Deathstroke and tbh he didn't even bother me too much but when you see a Deathstroke mirror and just see two people shooting at each other it's pretty ridiculous..

I don't think this game has any staying power either, I think when the hype train dies down its gonna fade away. It's not at Evo this year, I don't think MLG wants to touch it either and it's just a steaming pile compared to mk9 IMO .

It's a shame really cos I really loved mk9 and was expecting a lot from this. I think the characters and levels and story etc is done really well and there are a lot of cool ideas but fundamentally the engine is very flawed. The combo system is excruciatingly frustrating and it just constantly feels as if your playing under water or are constantly being hit with lag spikes.

What a shame :(
The execution required to do combos in this game is pretty fucking easy dude.... It holds your hand with universal launchers and combo formulas for pretty much the whole cast.... You dial the combo section by section and if your execution was correct you get what you wanted. Neg edge can be turned off to prevent accidental specials coming out. And yes combo physics are different in different spots (corner, interactables etc.) just like any other fighting game. Your bad execution is not the games problem bro....

The deathstroke mirror point... Fine I'll give you that... But did you ever watch sub or sindel mirrors in mk9?(A game which you claim to love)

As for staying power. No one here is qualified to make that kind of statement right now. We're still in week 1. You don't think MLG wants to touch it? Ok. But you're basing that statement off of pure blind assumption with nothing to back it. MLG has said absolutely nothing to warrant that kind of assumption. To be honest with you if we're making assumptions man... I think your execution is just bad and your mad cause you can't do combos..... =)

You don't have to like the game... no one does. It's your personal taste in the end. But it's dumb to criticize aspects of the game that aren't the games fault. (they're yours)

DreadzTsung

"Darkness is the heart's true essence"
The execution required to do combos in this game is pretty fucking easy dude.... It holds your hand with universal launchers and combo formulas for pretty much the whole cast.... You dial the combo section by section and if your execution was correct you get what you wanted. Neg edge can be turned off to prevent accidental specials coming out. And yes combo physics are different in different spots (corner, interactables etc.) just like any other fighting game. Your bad execution is not the games problem bro....

The deathstroke mirror point... Fine I'll give you that... But did you ever watch sub or sindel mirrors in mk9?(A game which you claim to love)

As for staying power. No one here is qualified to make that kind of statement right now. We're still in week 1. You don't think MLG wants to touch it? Ok. But you're basing that statement off of pure blind assumption with nothing to back it. MLG has said absolutely nothing to warrant that kind of assumption. To be honest with you if we're making assumptions man... I think your execution is just bad and your mad cause you can't do combos..... =)

You don't have to like the game... no one does. It's your personal taste in the end. But it's dumb to criticize aspects of the game that aren't the games fault. (they're yours)
I agree and the negative edge and release check is amazing. MK took more brain power to kind of get adjusted to it. ESPECIALLY LEARNING CHARACTERS LIKE SHANG OR SKARLET. Anti airs had to be timed. Resets were hard to do online(cyrax). Combos dropped sometimes. You had to compensate for lag. Frames meant EVERYTHING in mk. I mean on this game you can literally anti air and combo with uppercut.

This game is hard????? No. It's made for the people that are advanced enough to move from a shitty game experience online like mk(along with other shitty things like unblockable resets). To a better overall game experience and WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY BETTER NETCODE.

What I like is that I haven't seen any unblockable resets. Except jokers infinite corner reset. But even that's escapable. And you can do online practice to see if your combos or setups work online instead of going back and forth between training and online to see if your combos work.

I mean I've already got 4 characters pretty well learned(Joker,Shazam,Catwoman,Flash)and now working on Lex and Superman. All I need work on is my fundamentals and strategizing to get better.
This game is good and a true upgrade from MK. At least try to appreciate it.

D

Deleted member 9158

Quality is subjective, your opinion means nothing bro.

It's fun, I'm enjoying it. I like what they've done with combo system, and it's far too soon to tell if it'll have staying power.

2/10, it's the best I can give you

DreadzTsung

Quality is subjective, your opinion means nothing bro.

It's fun, I'm enjoying it. I like what they've done with combo system, and it's far too soon to tell if it'll have staying power.

2/10, it's the best I can give you
Woo lay woo lay woo lay.

DreadzTsung

Depends on the question, but go ahead!
Someone answer these questions

Can you never be negative on hit??
Are there only negative frames on hit?
What if you go for a move that's 5 frame startup. If you miss it does that leave your opponent in plus 5 startup?
Are alot of frames good or bad??? Can some one answer these in that order??? Thank you. Please I Need these answers....well answered.

Game is fine bro.

Seems to be an execution problem on your end and you're trying to find a reason to not evaluate yourself. Combo inputs are exactly like MK9, they are even more free flow than MK9, so you can change on the fly.

Game is going to do well, if Civil War was any indication, both players played clean and fast, surely that shows it's not an game issue bro.

What if you go for a move that's 5 frame startup. If you miss it does that leave your opponent in plus 5 startup?
Are alot of frames good or bad??? Can some one answer these in that order??? Thank you. Please I Need these answers....well answered.
1. It's rare, but possible I suppose lol.
2. If you are hit, you are in negative frames usually.
3. Your opponent will still be at neutral.
4. Bad. Bad bad bad. (In terms of startup) (being + a lot of frames on hit/block good)

The game is good for the FGC. The reason I say this is because it's a game that gets rid of the b/s and people just play against each other no matter who they are or what they are known for. I hate the stigma the FGC has sometimes where players are afraid to play "anime" or "Capcom" fighters...just play the freakin game if you enjoy it.

Injustice is like a neutral ground and it has something for everyone. It has well known characters and it has some things SF players are used to. It's an easy game to get into and it makes it even more interesting.

I know some people will shit on the game just to look cool but if their homeboys are playing they will play too.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
The timing in this game is fucked up...
But this games still the shit mane idk what your problem is...Maybe your just bad at fighters period.

Spletty

Grandmaster
The timing is just different, idk how to describe it but once you get it down it feels way more smooth and natural than mk did. Still claiming best FG in the last decade (until the inevitable broken wonky glitches surface lol)

DreadzTsung

4. Bad. Bad bad bad. (In terms of startup) (being + a lot of frames on hit/block good)
Thank you my friend you have now completed my frame data information collection.

zaf

professor
DreadzTsung

Green arrow has an unblockable reset.

Get an untechable knockdown as a combo ender into super. Pure reset. Cant be looped but its still a cyrax-esque reset.

The game is kind of made not to have pure unblockable resets like cyrax.

However sf4 has unblockables. But they are not typical cyrax resets. A lot of them come after untechable knockdowns into cross ups.

Guess what, igau has a lot of scenarios like the ones in sf4. So i do expect to see unblockables.

100% no doubt in my mind there will be unblockables.

DreadzTsung

DreadzTsung

Green arrow has an unblockable reset.

Get an untechable knockdown as a combo ender into super. Pure reset. Cant be looped but its still a cyrax-esque reset.

The game is kind of made not to have pure unblockable resets like cyrax.

However sf4 has unblockables. But they are not typical cyrax resets. A lot of them come after untechable knockdowns into cross ups.

Guess what, igau has a lot of scenarios like the ones in sf4. So i do expect to see unblockables.

100% no doubt in my mind there will be unblockables.
What are a good amount of startup frames and what are a bad amount. Plz. Btw I will experiment now with green arrow on youtube most likely.

Check my channel though:
Strat10100

And spread the word man. Tell people to check my "subscribe please" thread. By the way subscribe!!!

zaf

professor

1- Yes you can be negative when you hit someone. In this case look at ermac in mk9. His d1 is negative on crouch hit. So anything i attempt after this will usually be beaten out.

2-No there are not only negative frames on hit. Use the example in the first question I answered. If ermac hits you with a d1 and you are standing, you will actually be +1 although he is the one hitting you.

3- if you go for a move that is 5 frame start up and do nothing, then both people are neutral because nothing happened.

4- A lot of frames ? Depends what you mean. A lot of frames on start up is generally not all that good because it means they are slow. Same for recovery frames. A lot of those means you spend more time in recovery animation. A lot of frames on hit when you attack someone is good because if gives you a lot of frames to work with. Same for on block. A lot of + frames on block means you can frame trap.