What's new

Injustice General Discussion

I'm starting to believe more and more that there will be at least one in-game unlockable character.
As a Gouken player who still has nightmares about Vanilla, I hope to god its a quick unlock(or special tournament vs mode skullgirls style that has everything unlocked in an offline only vs mode) as that is not good for competetive life(unless said locked dudes are completely broken and banned anyway)

It's fine to have and defend it, but the reasoning of "they're not big enough" doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If you wanna say that you think BC could have a better moveset or what have you is fine but to say "well they're second rate so why should they be in" isn't good.
Moveset ain't everything. Not in a game like this.

When you're making a DC game, you better do fan service to the DC fans. That's the whole point of using the license.

Otherwise, NRS might as well just create an original fighting game with original characters with original designs.

Using the DC license means capturing the HEART of DC. Not just using the character designs.

Moveset ain't everything. Not in a game like this.

When you're making a DC game, you better do fan service to the DC fans. That's the whole point of using the license.

Otherwise, NRS might as well just create an original fighting game with original characters with original designs.

Using the DC license means capturing the HEART of DC. Not just using the character designs.
You're right. It is about that. But it shouldn't be. It should be about taking even the most minor of characters and turning them into someone who can compete with the popularity of Superman.

For example, if you don't know, Jason Todd (Robin II/Red Hood) was probably one of the most hated characters in the DC Universe in his time as Robin. There was a telephone number placed in the now-famous "Death in the Family" book for a poll that said (I'm paraphrasing), "To be or not to be: Jason Todd." He was voted to die.

Now, we all know the Red Hood. Once he came back from the dead, he was loved by all.

THAT is what the DC Universe is about.

I would think Black Canary would be obvious dlc.
I'm surprised enough she wasn't in the launch-lineup (as with the Martian)
Yeah, seriously. Would 28 have been such a bad number to add them and two other villains (Black Manta and Mirror Master, if you ask me)?

I feel like NRS's desire to have an equal amount of heroes and villains in the roster is the reason the cast looks slightly odd, tbh.

You're right. It is about that. But it shouldn't be. It should be about taking even the most minor of characters and turning them into someone who can compete with the popularity of Superman.

For example, if you don't know, Jason Todd (Robin II/Red Hood) was probably one of the most hated characters in the DC Universe in his time as Robin. There was a telephone number placed in the now-famous "Death in the Family" book for a poll that said (I'm paraphrasing), "To be or not to be: Jason Todd." He was voted to die.

Now, we all know the Red Hood. Once he came back from the dead, he was loved by all.

THAT is what the DC Universe is about.
Taking nothing characters and making them awesome is fine and all...

... but that should not come before nor get in the way of including an iconic and established DC character like Black Canary.

Furthermore, she's not a -girl version of a male character (like Batgirl or Supergirl or She-Hulk). She's not a villain riding a hero's coattails (like Silver Banshee). She didn't start as just a member of a team (like Rogue or Storm). She is a female hero that stands on her own as her own character, and that's hard to come by.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Just read Injustice comic 11 today and stuff has been getting tense with Superman policing the world with pure fear and violence lately and I wanted to share this moment.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm

Adam Urbano said something like that when he talked about Ares (and Aquaman). It was glorious.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
I know, right? That's what DC is about. It should not be about making certain characters the money makers. It should be about making every character seem equal.
It makes me excited to see what becomes of that certain female a lot of people don't really like.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Im betting Killer Frost will be a good character. NRS likes them some Freeze powered characters and have a lot of experience in making them really visually exciting with their attacks. She'll probably convert some folks to her fandom with this game.

Im betting Killer Frost will be a good character. NRS likes them some Freeze powered characters and have a lot of experience in making them really visually exciting with their attacks. She'll probably convert some folks to her fandom with this game.
Which is exactly why it would have been better fan service and made better business sense to choose Cold.

It would sell more comics (Cold actually appears in them regularly) and it would help the mainstream get in touch with who Flash's villains are.

NRS' decision is baffling to me. And I know people will attack me for daring to criticize them, but nobody's perfect and I can still like them despite acknowledging their shortcomings.

Oh, and while I am very happy they are including New 52 alt costumes, it pains me to see that they botched certain design elements.

The grey and black on Batman should contrast more.

Green Lantern's mask is too small and is overall just bleh looking. (not to mention his voice is just awful)

And both of these guys should have their eyes whited out. It would be more comic accurate, and it would make the costumes feel more different from the defaults.

People will call it being nitpicky... I call it being artistically aware.