What's new

Injustice General Discussion

Filipeno Champ was mentioning how he feels Batman (mentioned him the most), Green Latern, and Sinestro are top tier. He said most of the other characters are pretty legit, considering each character is either a zoner, antizoner (like Raven), or rushdown character (not sure if this is already known).

Scarlett Viper

Let's begin the witching hour.
Uhm that last part is already the Regime.
I meant the story if you're refering to the morally part of my post I'm just not fond of stories where ethier side isn't much better then the other if I sound whiney I apologize I just want my heroes to be heroes and not costumed jerkasses.

I meant the story if you're refering to the morally part of my post I'm just not fond of stories where ethier side isn't much better then the other if I sound whiney I apologize I just want my heroes to be heroes and not costumed jerkasses.
Ah right, it sounded like you wanted the third group to be that way :p
I still believe the heroes will be heroes, but truly put to the test here. I still feel the only reason Batman is still running around is because Superman wants someone to keep him in check while he pushes the limit of peacekeeping. Who better than the guy with plans to stop all the JLA.

I just know that I'm not gonna do any judgements on the story till I get through the whole thing, really curious how they answer certain questions.

I want to see Wonder Woman's already!

So when they say, "Three exclusive skins based on Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman from DC COMICS - THE NEW 52," does that mean that they are actually exclusive and you can only get them by buying the Collector's Edition and they'll never sell them later?
Exclusive probably meaning "Until we sell them later."

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
... Isn't that basically every character? Can't they all pretty much be broken down like that?
Well, he might define an "unlegit" character as one whose gameplay is based around some gimmick, randomness, or some other sort of bullshit. Maybe a character that turns it into a "one player game" as some have defined Ibuki since the first iteration of SSFIV.

I think he's just saying that they are all solidly designed characters that fit comfortably into a traditional playstyle (based on what Protagonist_1 wrote, anyway).

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I'm pretty sure there will be a villains faction as well, I can't honestly believe Batman and villains will get along super well, so I reckon it's:
Regime
Insurgency
Villains

Or something like that, I mean in the Harley trailer we see she's turned hero, but I don't see the others, I doubt Lex Luthor will be on any side but his own.
I still think Alternate universe has a chance though what with that Joker in the Harley trailer.

Will

Noob
Can't Ares control the dead. What if he brought back Joker to stir things, to make Superman go crazy in a blind fury, causing an all-out with Bats. Thus making Ares stronger while the two factions fight. Ares probably somehow amps up all of the insurgency, and enemies against the regime, so they can fight head to head.

MoldMan

Noob
Can't Ares control the dead. What if he brought back Joker to stir things, to make Superman go crazy in a blind fury, causing an all-out with Bats. Thus making Ares stronger while the two factions fight. Ares probably somehow amps up all of the insurgency, and enemies against the regime, so they can fight head to head.
i like that idea

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I'll never understand why they said the roster will have more characters than MK9
Did they ever actually say that out loud? The closest thing we had in the lead up was the who 12 characters and not halfway from Hector. I think a lot of people speculated it would have more than or the same amount as MK9, for no other reason than it had to match MK9.

Can't Ares control the dead?
I don't think so, that's more Hades' schtick?
I've never seen him do it in the comics anyway... he just seems crazy strong, durable, has TK over any weapon, gets stronger by feeding of conflicts/wars & expert fighter in various weapons/styles.

ShowboatingPenguin

Nothing gets past the Cold Field.
Did they ever actually say that out loud? The closest thing we had in the lead up was the who 12 characters and not halfway from Hector. I think a lot of people speculated it would have more than or the same amount as MK9, for no other reason than it had to match MK9.
idk, it was just stated by some people, so I'd assume.

some of them even said that the 24 roster slots were just for the earlier build of the game.

I don't know if NRS said this themselves though.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Some of them even said that the 24 roster slots were just for the earlier build of the game.
Lol, I know I said it. A lot. It came from the fact that Hector said in an interview that the image for the character select screen for the NYCC build was just a placeholder, leading many of us to speculate that 24 would not be the final number, as if this was a placeholder the final version would have more. Of course it wasn't 'til a lot later that someone pointed out that the number of slots could be correct, it could be the layout/art that changed. Which it did.

My stance on the Black Canary VS Silver Banshee debate:

They made Black Adam and Shazam play differently. I don't see why they couldn't do it with these two ladies. I love both the characters to death (no pun with Banshee) and so I wouldn't mind seeing them both.
Because Black Canary is a character that stands on her own and has a strong legacy in DC...

... meanwhile Silver Banshee is a second rate Superman villain standing in line behind Darkseid, Parasite, Mongul, Bizarro, Metallo, Zod, and Brainiac.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Sorry to interrupt, but I just had a look at the earliest topics on this forums, some of the stuff said when this announced was pretty ridiculous, however some of it has proven to be eerily accurate...

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
... meanwhile Silver Banshee is a second rate Superman villain standing in line behind Darkseid, Parasite, Mongul, Bizarro, Metallo, Zod, and Brainiac.

You mean like Killer Frost (villain to a second rate hero)? BTW, Darkseid is more of a general/Justice League villain and Bizarro is so back and forth with being good/bad.

How much exposure they have, had, or didn't shouldn't really be a factor into whether the character makes it or not. I'm not saying use some one-shot villain or anything but if they can make a diverse enough moveset for someone that people know of, however little that knowledge is, and make them look interesting for people that know nothing then why not?

Will

Noob

I don't think so, that's more Hades' schtick?
I've never seen him do it in the comics anyway... he just seems crazy strong, durable, has TK over any weapon, gets stronger by feeding of conflicts/wars & expert fighter in various weapons/styles.
I just looked up his powers, he does actually control the dead. Took it over somehow. But he rarely uses it. I think the writer probably forgot about it, but NRS could have some fun with it.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
Sorry if this has already been covered, but does anyone know if you can block while airborne? I know other back-to-block games like UMvC3 allow it, but I can't tell from any of the Injustice vids.