What's new

Injustice - Filipino Champ calls out the MK community, "if we played MK none of you would ever win"

Exactly. All the Capcom players have tried to beat the top MK9 players, and overall, the MK9 top players have dominated them. There's a reason the Capcom players don't play MK. I wouldn't want to play a game I have no chance at winning at either. It's easy to just say "oh if we played it we would win", when there's evidence that even people he mentioned got BODIED by the top players.

Regardless though, I will say this, this has gotten me even more hype for Injustice. I want the MK community to RISE THE FUCK UP AND BODY THE OTHER COMMUNITIES IN INJUSTICE! THIS IS THE TIME TO PROVE WE DESERVE TO BE RESPECTED AND THAT WE DESERVE TO BE IN THE SPOTLIGHT!
Juggs, I really like you man, but damn ... that was a very ignorant post.

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
The reason a lot of Capcom players never really got very far in MK is because they were trying to play it like a pure 2d fighter, which doesn't work because MK is a hybrid of 2d and 3d. Injustice has a lot of shared mechanics with MK9 so I can only imagine the same will also be true here.

All you need to know right here:

Kappa

If I played more than 3 hours of that game that'd make sense. But being good at one game, doesn't auto transfer your skill to another game. Some basic understandings and fundamentals carry over, but that's it.

I think he's full of envy that he couldn't dominate this game which is why instead of trying to body us in mk9 he wants to aim for a fresh start, where our community will also be getting a fresh start.

Neclord

Noob
Well it's a good thing that FChamp is calling out the MK community. It only increases the hype level. Also that he is interested in the game means that Injustice has more depth than MK9 (well obvious anyway, the whole back to block brings a lot more depth to the game).

I$AAC

Noob
I posted this in the other thread but ill post it here too.

For those that don't know how Filipino champ works let me tell you a story. I played him on stream at EVO 2009 first EVO for sf4. We played he won and he showboated for the crowd, took my loss and moved on. Later that day, he seeker me out to apologize and said that he was doing it and does things like this to get the crowd hype but he meant nothing personal. He didn't have to seek me out and explain himself, but he did and I've respected him ever since. So for the people that call him a douce and never met the guy let me say that he's not as bad as he out himself to be and most of it is posturing for hype purposes (in this case hyping up injustice)

So take this for what it is, a challenge to the NRS community and step up to the plate!

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
If I played more than 3 hours of that game that'd make sense. But being good at one game, doesn't auto transfer your skill to another game. Some basic understandings and fundamentals carry over, but that's it.

I think he's full of envy that he couldn't dominate this game which is why instead of trying to body us in mk9 he wants to aim for a fresh start here our community will also be getting a fresh start.
Well he is the evo champ so he kinda did dominate this game for a while. Players like PR Balrog, Chris G. and IFC Yipes have been consistently outplacing him since evo though.

I posted this in the other thread but ill post it here too.

For those that don't know how Filipino champ works let me tell you a story. I played him on stream at EVO 2009 first EVO for sf4. We played he won and he showboated for the crowd, took my loss and moved on. Later that day, he seeker me out to apologize and said that he was doing it and does things like this to get the crowd hype but he meant nothing personal. He didn't have to seek me out and explain himself, but he did and I've respected him ever since. So for the people that call him a douce and never met the guy let me say that he's not as bad as he out himself to be and most of it is posturing for hype purposes (in this case hyping up injustice)

So take this for what it is, a challenge to the NRS community and step up to the plate!
That's cool he apologized, but he's putting on the persona of a dick regardless if he is or not.

King Roosta

The Duke of the Donk
I have two points. One, Did this dude inhale helium before this interview, or does he represent the lollipop guild?

2: to whoever said they would rather play a game they love than one they hate for a little bit of spending money I would say, I would play the game I love AND the game I hate. Lord knows it wouldn't be as bad as what I do for money now. Walmart.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Hows that?
Killzone I second this... how is Juggs being ignorant here?

Besides the PDP Nationals, no Capcom player has won an MK major with the exception of Perfect Legend since he's... a Capcom player? He kind of plays everything, but he's most famous for DOA and Mortal Kombat.

REO, CD Jr, Perfect Legend, Curbo, SonicFox, KevoDaMan, Pig of the Hut, DetroitBalln, Shujinkydink, 16 Bit, Tyrant, DJT, Tom Brady, Michaelangelo, m2dave (I'm forgetting a few, I know it..) have been the names of fame for Mortal Kombat since April 2011, other than what I stated above.

Champ saying that about MK is actually ignorant on his part, because he never played Mortal Kombat 9, has he? Regardless, it's about the hype and the Champ is bringing it.

Hows that?
Killzone I second this... how is Juggs being ignorant here?
In advance: Sorry for the upcoming wall of text. I just summed up ALL of my thoughts on the topic.

1) Tournament-wise UMVC3 stands above MK9 in terms of everything: hype, money, participants, competition, fan-base.
There is no doubt that UMVC3 is superior to MK9 and that the Injustice hype finalls starts attracting more and more people from other communities, which MK9 did not do. And what was neccessary for that? Vast changes to the mechanics in the game.

2) The Capcom pro players already have their focus on certain games, very often on at least 2 or 3, because there is the most money in these games.
I want to see MK9 pro players playing multiple fighting games at the same time and making a name for themselves over and over again. No, they stick to MK9, a game that vastly differs from many other standard fighting games on the market. It's easy for you to talk trash and call other people bad for not being able to own in MK9, while you wouldn't do any better in their games.

3) Capcom games have much more talented players in the community... Let's face it :-7 One does not simply compare himself with Daigo, Infiltration, Justin Wong, Chris G, Combofiend, MarlinPie and so on.
Out of all the Capcom players FilipinoChamp is the one who considers himself as a not very talented person. He said that he has to practice on a daily basis for hours to be able to compete with the others. He sacrifices a lot for UMVC3 and that brought him a win in EVO 2012.
If he picks up Injustice and takes it seriously (which might not happen, because chances are high that he will continue to make more money with UMVC3), then expect him to probably put more effort into the game than any other guy in this community.

4) Ultimately ... It's kinda a shame to see the reactions from the people here. This is now way past saltyness and stuff like that. The stuff that goes on in this thread is sheer stupidity and that's indeed a pity. It's actually something you would expect from SRK's front page, yet we have it now here as well.
The biggest wish from NRS with Injustice is probably to make the game more accessable to other communities. That's also the reason why they try to cover up a lot of options to make it more interesting for other players, so that they would have a game that feels more familiar to the stuff they play (Capcom fighters obviously)
Yet you people question and trash-talk their skills. And it's not a simple calling out right now or something like that, you're calling them bad and insulting them, because they were not able to pick up MK9, a game that is vastly different than everything they played before and that offers less money and less sponsors than the games they usually play.

You all remind me of Nick Diaz. He is a good mixed martial artist. In the ring he can outbox a lot of people, but as soon as they take him down, he starts bitching about MMA being shifted towards wrestling.
It's the same story now. The Capcom players would punch the living crap out of you, but as soon as the fights goes to the ground (I hope you realize how I used that example to also showcase where MK9 stands compared with Capcom fighters), they don't know what to do and you start talking trash, because they don't know how to fight at the ground, yet at the same time, your stand-up is pure garbage.

Injustice will combine the two worlds. The only similarity I personally see in Injustice and MK9 is the combo system, which is not purely based on hit-stuns like basically most of the Capcom fighters.
If Capcom players manage to get past that and pick the game up well, then damn ... expect their talented people to beat your pro players.

Also as a note: I'm not biased towards any community. I'm just hinting out ignorance. No offense.

Oh and one more thing:

I obviously understand where your rage is coming from, since FilipinoChamp called all of you bad for not being able to win in anything besides MK9, but let's be honest here. He is right about that and so are all of you, when you say that he doesn't win anything besides UMVC3 tournaments.

And one more thing: The video where MarlinPie perfects FilipinoChamp ... perfects tend to happen quite often in UMVC3. I could link you a video where ChrisG gets perfected by a guy who never won a tournament. Does that make ChrisG an unworthy opponent for this community?
No, ChrisG did just fine, yet he doesn't rule as much as he rules in UMVC3, simply because he probably invests more time in that game for obvious reasons.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
This is silly. Justin did play MK. The only tournament he ever won was Canada Cup 2011.

Chris G has been playing MK since the start (not hardcore mind you) and he does well, but he hasn't taken home a tournament in a long time. By the same logic, if the MK community focused hardcore on a Capcom game, I am sure they would do just as well.
Justin Wong took the PDP Nationals... him vs FLoE in GF's. But yeah, otherwise... it's been MK players taking tournaments for the most part.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Justin Wong took the PDP Nationals... him vs FLoE in GF's. But yeah, otherwise... it's been MK players taking tournaments for the most part.
That was extremely early in the game's life tho. Floe was playing Ermac then for crying out loud, and it was also pre patch!

If we are going to consider those, then we all have to unanimously agree that Tom Brady is the 100% most consistent player in the scene. (As we should)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
1) Tournament-wise UMVC3 stands above MK9 in terms of everything: hype, money, participants, competition, fan-base.
There is no doubt that UMVC3 is superior to MK9 and that the Injustice hype finalls starts attracting more and more people from other communities, which MK9 did not do. And what was neccessary for that? Vast changes to the mechanics in the game.
Hype, yeah. Money, nope. Participants/Competition, yeah. Fan-base, nope.

It seems you left out the actual quality of the game. Which, I'm not that big of a fan of MK9, but at least there's not infinites, touches of death, X-Factor, etc.

2) The Capcom pro players already have their focus on certain games, very often on at least 2 or 3, because there is the most money in these games.
I want to see MK9 pro players playing multiple fighting games at the same time and making a name for themselves over and over again. No, they stick to MK9, a game that vastly differs from many other standard fighting games on the market. It's easy for you to talk trash and call other people bad for not being able to own in MK9, while you wouldn't do any better in their games.
CD Jr plays multiple, REO plays multiple and is top in every single one of them, PL plays multiple and is top in them, a lot of the top players play multiple fighting games or other games.

I'm not the one who initiated this. Champ is. I'm not talking trash either, I'm speaking objectively. It's a FACT that the Capcom players can't beat MK9 players in MK9, it has been PROVEN. The best of the best, Jwong, ChrisG, have TRIED, and have failed. This is not my opinion.

3) Capcom games have much more talented players in the community... Let's face it :-7 One does not simply compare himself with Daigo, Infiltration, Justin Wong, Chris G, Combofiend, MarlinPie and so on.
Out of all the Capcom players FilipinoChamp is the one who considers himself as a not very talented person. He said that he has to practice on a daily basis for hours to be able to compete with the others. He sacrifices a lot for UMVC3 and that brought him a win in EVO 2012.
If he picks up Injustice and takes it seriously (which might not happen, because chances are high that he will continue to make more money with UMVC3), then expect him to probably put more effort into the game than any other guy in this community.
More, yeah. But REO can and is compared to Daigo and Justin Wong. Just because he doesn't play SF or Marvel doesn't mean he can't be compared to them.

All I see is you waving your pom poms like a delusional fan boy. The fact that you would even suggest that he will probably put more effort than anyone else and imply that he's the only person making "sacrifices" is what is ignorant here. Stop being a cheerleader.

4) Ultimately ... It's kinda a shame to see the reactions from the people here. This is now way past saltyness and stuff like that. The stuff that goes on in this thread is sheer stupidity and that's indeed a pity. It's actually something you would expect from SRK's front page, yet we have it now here as well.
The biggest wish from NRS with Injustice is probably to make the game more accessable to other communities. That's also the reason why they try to cover up a lot of options to make it more interesting for other players, so that they would have a game that feels more familiar to the stuff they play (Capcom fighters obviously)
Yet you people question and trash-talk their skills. And it's not a simple calling out right now or something like that, you're calling them bad and insulting them, because they were not able to pick up MK9, a game that is vastly different than everything they played before and that offers less money and less sponsors than the games they usually play.
Really? You're surprised that we're getting hype and firing back to someone calling us trash? And what's even more retarded is that you're saying WE shouldn't be "talking shit" back? What kind of backassward logic is that? He is free to run his mouth but the minute we reply in an equal manner, WE'RE the ones that are out of line?

Oh, he's just trying to hype up the game and community. Oh okay, and we aren't allowed to that. We're taking this to heart and taking it personal. We can't ever be like F.Champ and try to build a competitive and hype atmosphere. Only the Capcom guys can do that. Got it.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
If Mk players are so free and the game is so easy I can't quite understand why Filipino champ didn't pick up the game himself and win every tournament.it'll be interesting though,I hope all these guys do pick up the game.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Juggs is the fuckin man, lol

Fillipino Chump, elitist capcom players who would never give the average joe the time of day and Diva whine and hold up tournaments,

thats why I love our community, no matter who you are, Top level player down to the very bottom, everyone talks to everyone, and it feels like more of a family.

They are no better then us, just that there top players have alot more time to play games and practice and get good, so don't underestimate them, just be ready to compete if you believe you can play at that level.

MK FOR LIFE!!!