What's new

Injustice + EVO + Community: My Thoughts (Very Long + Covers a lot)

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
One last thing I forgot. Can we PLEASE stop bashing people that only play online? The fact that a lot of you guys are so militant on offline performances really does put me off. I know my feelings are not at the top of anyone's list but the elitism shown here is really something that gets on my nerves. It's almost like if you don't have a top 8 placing then instantly whatever opinion you have is deemed invalid and therefore whatever it is you say holds no meaning.

I've held my tongue from posting on here a lot simply because I'm an online player. I feel as though whatever I say will be seen by someone that placed offline and I'll be bashed for it. This should be a place where people can come and share things they know about their characters and their knowledge about the game. Whether you have online or offline experience should be irrelevant. I understand that this may never happen but I hope that this elitism at least dies down a bit for MKX.
Remember you guys, @HoneyBee was strictly an online player aside from his local that he went to where he and Biohazard dominated.
That's one of the reasons I made special note I train 90% online

Without online I had zero top 8s w mk and inj

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
No. I'm the same way, but when other people have traveled more and in that vein put in more time (not saying you didn't play everyday), you just have to hold that until you can go out to prove you're better.

@AK Pig Of The Hut thoughts?
so traveling = success or "best *insert best character rep here* hands down"? hands down all these flash players are better than me yet i'm the only flash player that has done this at a major.

were is the criteria for determining who's best with said character since we are all throwing it out there? i know am going to get flamed for posting shit like this but honestly idgaf anymore, ever since INJ came out i've been thrown under the bus for shit, whether its shit that i say or how i feel. maybe its just me and i have an ego problem who knows.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
so traveling = success or "best *insert best character rep here* hands down"? hands down all these flash players are better than me yet i'm the only flash player that has done this at a major.

were is the criteria for determining who's best with said character since we are all throwing it out there? i know am going to get flamed for posting shit like this but honestly idgaf anymore, ever since INJ came out i've been thrown under the bus for shit, whether its shit that i say or how i feel. maybe its just me and i have an ego problem who knows.
Best is a matter of opinion.

I am the best NW player...Fact

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
HOLY SHIT THIS PICTURE IS FUCKING BIG
Dude put that shit in spoilers.

One last thing I forgot. Can we PLEASE stop bashing people that only play online? The fact that a lot of you guys are so militant on offline performances really does put me off. I know my feelings are not at the top of anyone's list but the elitism shown here is really something that gets on my nerves. It's almost like if you don't have a top 8 placing then instantly whatever opinion you have is deemed invalid and therefore whatever it is you say holds no meaning.

I've held my tongue from posting on here a lot simply because I'm an online player. I feel as though whatever I say will be seen by someone that placed offline and I'll be bashed for it. This should be a place where people can come and share things they know about their characters and their knowledge about the game. Whether you have online or offline experience should be irrelevant. I understand that this may never happen but I hope that this elitism at least dies down a bit for MKX.
Remember you guys, @HoneyBee was strictly an online player aside from his local that he went to where he and Biohazard dominated.
lol the online comments are only directed to fred marvel, ra helios, and tru3talent :p

Zyphox

Everyone has a competitive drive to be the best with their character
Khaotik vs 16 Bit (Kitana)
Curbo vs Dizzy (Cage)
Filipino Man vs EliteGoomba (Wonder Woman)
Whiteboi vs Noobe (Doomsday)
Shudinkydink vs Outworld (Quan)
The entire Green Arrow community
REO vs Jupiter (MMH)
Decay vs Captain Oxygen (Lobo)

All of them strive to be the best at their character because that will obviously give them better results in tournaments, but all of them also want to improve their character as friends/together. A lot of these people constantly talk about their character together and help develop them, but they are all friends and don't force the "I'm #1" thing. I have learned this, and that is why I'm the yung Soup now.
i talk about flash to harold, honeybee, etc all the time. its just hard when everyone else is saying who is better between each other. i don't remember in MK9 days that people went in so much on who's better with their character, but in INJ it seems everyone was doing it. remember back before Final round, before the "new leaf". the top players for their character never forced the "i'm #1" thing, just like RL sports everyone else did and it adds pressure to the players, especially the ones with ego's like myself. i've never went up to harold or honeybee and said "my flash is better than yours", what i did was just state my case for why i think i'm the best and it usually gets interpreted as ego or cockiness or whatever. unlike most players i just voice my opinions rather than holding it and or staying quite/humble about it.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
i talk about flash to harold, honeybee, etc all the time. its just hard when everyone else is saying who is better between each other. i don't remember in MK9 days that people went in so much on who's better with their character, but in INJ it seems everyone was doing it. remember back before Final round, before the "new leaf". the top players for their character never forced the "i'm #1" thing, just like RL sports everyone else did and it adds pressure to the players, especially the ones with ego's like myself. i've never went up to harold or honeybee and said "my flash is better than yours", what i did was just state my case for why i think i'm the best and it usually gets interpreted as ego or cockiness or whatever. unlike most players i just voice my opinions rather than holding it and or staying quite/humble about it.
Bro...just own it and prove pig wrong next chance you get. Thats what I did and Look at me know!

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
I was the same way, but when you think about it, you'll have people that admire you regardless. I never really cared if someone said Shujinkydink or Outworld was the best Quan because others would tell me I'm the best. If you let people's opinions get to your head you'll kill your motivation to improve, when it's possible that you were already the best. (like you could change your style to compensate for what you feel is lacking, but in reality, it was just someone's opinion and you weren't lacking in any field).

Look at it this way.

I think @xKhaoTik and @Mr. Mileena were the best Kitanas (As well as Crazy Dominican, but working all day and night to support your family OP). They have amazing footsies, outstanding whiff punishes, consistent max damage bnbs (both unbreakable and meterless), and they know their character inside and out. I'm in the minority, but my opinion won't affect Bit in any way because his opinion is the only one that should matter to him.

Last edited:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
zyphox im so happy you stopped using "am"

i would imagine you in a red flsash/fox suit after a party drunk and waking up in a zoo cage the next day being the worlds first talking red fox that constantly says "am not fox"

KHAOTIC_UNCLE-_-CREEPY

The CreepFather
"So why is everyone quitting? Ive been hearing this asinine philosophy that states:

"So like if I learn Ultra, it'll like help me like get like way better in MKX because like it'll make me smarter............"

Stupid

This is absolute crap, How about learning in general to be a better FG player not trying to catch up w a 15 year legacy curve, sure Learning ultra can help in a couple ways but the real way you get better at becoming a better FG player is playing at a high level in game you can play at a high level."

Dam this was so on point.

SZSR

Noob
That would be doable if pools didnt start on friday. :DOGE
I know you're kidding around, but i'm gonna take this post seriously for a second.

Either you need to manage your time so that you can make a tournament or you gotta take a sacrifice from school/work to make a tournament.

If you're going out to prove you're the best, you have to give it your all.

Indecisive

I know you're kidding around, but i'm gonna take this post seriously for a second.

Either you need to manage your time so that you can make a tournament or you gotta take a sacrifice from school/work to make a tournament.

Ya i know dude. Zyphox has made mention many times that he can never get off of work on friday so he is not able to go to events. Which sucks but your right sometimes you got to make sacrifices.

Zyphox

@Zyphox Just listen to Fly right here

I remember your WB top 3, you're unquestionably one of the best Flashes, I think you could make top 3 again man

Just do it again
lol i know but its aggravating, like i proved a huge amount of people wrong at winter brawl, then honeybee does good at UFGT and ECT and now i have to do it again? okay lets say i go to SJ and get 2nd place, now what? will everyone's mind all of a sudden change again? well privately a lot of people WERE saying honeybee was "privately talked among many that no other compares" verbatim quote by @AK Pig Of The Hut, so then when i do good next tournament will people privately start reconsidering that statement? or do i have to travel outside the EC and play these players and see if no others "compare"?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
"So why is everyone quitting? Ive been hearing this asinine philosophy that states:

"So like if I learn Ultra, it'll like help me like get like way better in MKX because like it'll make me smarter............"

Stupid

This is absolute crap, How about learning in general to be a better FG player not trying to catch up w a 15 year legacy curve, sure Learning ultra can help in a couple ways but the real way you get better at becoming a better FG player is playing at a high level in game you can play at a high level."

Dam this was so on point.
His point is that by the time people learn Ultra, MKX will already be out. At this point you cannot learn anything beyond theory if you're just picking it up.

Indecisive

lol i know but its aggravating, like i proved a huge amount of people wrong at winter brawl, then honeybee does good at UFGT and ECT and now i have to do it again? okay lets say i go to SJ and get 2nd place, now what? will everyone's mind all of a sudden change again? well privately a lot of people WERE saying honeybee was "privately talked among many that no other compares" verbatim quote by @AK Pig Of The Hut, so then when i do good next tournament will people privately start reconsidering that statement? or do i have to travel outside the EC and play these players and see if no others "compare"?
Your a good player and a cool dude, Honeybee is a good player and a cool dude. Both of you are good in your own way. I have played, Beaten and lost to both of you. I have talked to both of you and i think both of you have good flashes. Stop thinking about what others say and just play the game. If you do good then good shit man. If you do bad then there is always next time. Also Honeybee won the Canadian Tournament. as well. :3

Zyphox

no that was my statement, in my line of work taking a friday off is like a doctor walking out on a patient (okay maybe not that serious but you get the point), i would have to sacrifice literally getting fired, i've been told many times, "you can request PTO, or VTO any day of the week.....except friday. the only way i can get fridays off is if i had vacations time and since am still relatively new at this job i don't have that yet.