What's new

Injustice + EVO + Community: My Thoughts (Very Long + Covers a lot)

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Well theo knows who

It's just best I don't publicly name names but they'd do well speaking up and learning from their mistakes

If u don't agree then idk what to tell u.

My only advice to u is don't compare yourself to others who compete and say that if you did you would have comparable results because that's as bad as Fred marvel in every thread/post on TYM

Compete and if you cant or don't then don't claim a victory or placing u never obtained
I've never done that, not sure why you're saying that.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Does it bug anyone that the finals was between two DLC characters?

NRS and their DLC characters ey.

Love you Pig of the Hut, I've been creeping on you, watching you from a distance, from a dark corner alone. Gratz <3

EGP Wonder_Chef

Were u not implying the other day on twitter that had u kept playing and competed at Evo/MLG/etc u would have same placings or close to bit because of scr?
lol i bet bit didn't show you guys any context, not surprised at all

my point was:

"It takes a lot money to stay relevant in the fighting game scene."

and my example was:

Imagine if 16 bit only had as much money to travel as me. I was only able to afford 3 tournaments, Evo 2013, SCR, and MLG.

If bit had ONLY been able to travel to those 3, he wouldn't have looked NEARLY as relevant. I was using myself as an example as someone who isn't considered relevant and saying Bit would have only had similar placings under his belt IF he didn't have a good amount of money.

Then of course Bit decided it was okay to call me out and say that I was lying about my financial situation which is an extremely fucked up thing to do, that's where the argument came from.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
lol i bet bit didn't show you guys any context, not surprised at all

my point was:

"It takes a lot money to stay relevant in the fighting game scene."

and my example was:

Imagine if 16 bit only had as much money to travel as me. I was only able to afford 3 tournaments, Evo 2013, SCR, and MLG.

If bit had ONLY been able to travel to those 3, he wouldn't have looked NEARLY as relevant. I was using myself as an example as someone who isn't considered relevant and saying Bit would have only had similar placings under his belt IF he didn't have a good amount of money.

Then of course Bit decided it was okay to call me out and say that I was lying about my financial situation which is an extremely fucked up thing to do, that's where the argument came from.
Ok I'm listening, so that means same three tourneys would be

Bit
Evo 17 th
Scr 9th
MLG 2nd

Chef
Evo: 17th?
Scr: 5
MLG: 27?

But also who travels to Vegas w no $?

You had a spectator badge bought not knowing if you could even go, why not buy a comp badge instead?

EGP Wonder_Chef

Bit
Evo 17 th
Scr 9th
MLG 2nd

Chef

You had a spectator badge bought not knowing if you could even go, why not buy a comp badge instead?
spectator badges were 20$

competitor were 70$ + 10$ per game so assume 80$

60$ is a pretty big difference.

I was only able to go because my trip was cheap due to the EXTREME kindness of people like @WhatsHerName @Son ov Timett and @rev0lver

EGP Wonder_Chef

Bit
Evo 17 th
Scr 9th
MLG 2nd

Chef

also for the record bit got

25th or 33rd at Evo
17th at SCR
2nd at mlg

and I got
17th at Evo
4th at SCR
25th at MLG

that's not really the important part though

Pig Of The Hut

spectator badges were 20$

competitor were 70$ + 10$ per game so assume 80$

60$ is a pretty big difference.

I was only able to go because my trip was cheap due to the EXTREME kindness of people like @WhatsHerName @Son ov Timett and @rev0lver
Ok I didn't know the price differences of the two.

As for this argument w you and bit only thing I can say is he was able to compete and he made it count starting w kit and on only having a slight hiccup at scr. What can I say? It sucks but you have to compete to get results otherwise it is what it is.

If I would have only been able to attend Nec kit TFC then I'd have to hold that.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Ok I didn't know the price differences of the two.

As for this argument w you and bit only thing I can say is he was able to compete and he made it count starting w kit and on only having a slight hiccup at scr. What can I say? It sucks but you have to compete to get results otherwise it is what it is.

If I would have only been able to attend Nec kit TFC then I'd have to hold that.
No dude you don't understand, I'm not comparing how I and Bit did, I'm explaining that if he didn't have money he wouldn't be even like 10% as relevant as he currently is.

The ENTIRE POINT I AM TRYING TO MAKE is that it takes a lot of money to stay relevant.

I don't know how much simpler I can explain it to you.

AK elitegoomba

http://www.twitch.tv/elitegoomba
Goddamn, I'm sorry Zyphox but do you really need to make every thread into who the best flash is and trying to get props? Yeah you can be prideful or ambitious or whatever the hell you wanna call it but I can't think of anyone who has complained about not getting props more than you. I can remember 16 Bit blowing you up often almost a whole year ago for the same thing and yet here we are lol. Just let it go man

Pig Of The Hut

Goddamn, I'm sorry Zyphox but do you really need to make every thread into who the best flash is and trying to get props? Yeah you can be prideful or ambitious or whatever the hell you wanna call it but I can't think of anyone who has complained about not getting props more than you. I can remember 16 Bit blowing you up often almost a whole year ago for the same thing and yet here we are lol. Just let it go man
Lol

No dude you don't understand, I'm not comparing how I and Bit did, I'm explaining that if he didn't have money he wouldn't be even like 10% as relevant as he currently is.

The ENTIRE POINT I AM TRYING TO MAKE is that it takes a lot of money to stay relevant.

I had no idea what you were trying to say on twitter to be honest, I just saw some of it on my feed, but this is so true. Especially in a game that is so small right now (compared to street fighter and marvel) and especially if you're not actually winning. 2nd place isnt even that much. I still have 2 more years of school left so hopefully once I have a career I won't have to worry or stress about how much money I'm spending at these events, cause it all adds up.

Pig Of The Hut

Well u went to MLG and got 27...?

He got 2nd which is probably why he can travel to WCW

You did compete at MLG, what's the deal there?

Pig Of The Hut

Huh? Are you even reading my posts?
Ok you have no $ to travel so no relevancy, I can offer nothing to this. Sounds like it sucks

Ok I'm sorry, idk what to say. All I was saying was If you would have gotten second at MLG instead of Bit then this could have helped the "relevancy" and given u more $ to travel but U didn't

I mean dude idk what to say, sorry

EGP Wonder_Chef

Ok you have no $ to travel so no relevancy, I can offer nothing to this. Sounds like it sucks

Ok I'm sorry, idk what to say. All I was saying was If you would have gotten second at MLG instead of Bit then this could have helped the "relevancy" and given u more $ to travel but U didn't

I mean dude idk what to say, sorry
No dude that's not the point, I don't understand why you can't grasp it, it's pretty simple.

Also techincally I don't believe anybody has MLG money yet so...

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
One last thing I forgot. Can we PLEASE stop bashing people that only play online? The fact that a lot of you guys are so militant on offline performances really does put me off. I know my feelings are not at the top of anyone's list but the elitism shown here is really something that gets on my nerves. It's almost like if you don't have a top 8 placing then instantly whatever opinion you have is deemed invalid and therefore whatever it is you say holds no meaning.

I've held my tongue from posting on here a lot simply because I'm an online player. I feel as though whatever I say will be seen by someone that placed offline and I'll be bashed for it. This should be a place where people can come and share things they know about their characters and their knowledge about the game. Whether you have online or offline experience should be irrelevant. I understand that this may never happen but I hope that this elitism at least dies down a bit for MKX.
Remember you guys, @HoneyBee was strictly an online player aside from his local that he went to where he and Biohazard dominated.
Pretty sure pig mostly plays online. I believe one of the reasons this site exists is to promote the offline scene. If you feel like you are better than offline players then show up and prove it. People don't take online matches seriously due to lag. People will refuse to play on a monitor if it's not 2ms OFFLINE because of lag. It makes a huge difference. Personally I love when online people start to play offline it builds the scene and friendships are formed.